Gran Turismo

You can preorder cheaper now for $49.99 (after $10 cash back) w/ free shipping on day of release (and no sales tax in 45 states)

Besides being cheaper, it also COMES WITH A FREE UNLOCKABLE CAR!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002BSA1C6

Get a $10 Video Games Credit and Pre-order Bonus

Pre-order the standard edition of Gran Turismo 5 and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of any physical item from the Amazon Video Games store (digital products not eligible) shipped and sold by Amazon.com as well as an in-game Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model car.
The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. A code to access the bonus content will be e-mailed to you within two days after your order ships.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
was soo close to buying this game from currys. i asked a guy if they had gt5 and he checked his stock. took one out and was about to make the transaction until the dumb till priced the game up to like £300 LOL and the guy asked a senior staff and said thats because it aint out till tomorrow lol.

so close

grrr wtf is this;
standard car from gt5!

Tsukuba_Circuit5.20101120203814.jpg

I've seen a lot like that, really uncool. =/

Still, I don't use cars which don't have cockpit, so as far as I'm concerned, standard cars don't exist.

Looks like a Peugeot 206. What's wrong with the picture?
Are you kidding? Low poly, low texture detail, jaggies, low model detail (rear lights are just textures, same for the detailing like the badge). I'm sure there's more, but that's a good start. :p

It's the same car from GT4... just looking a little nicer in the much better lighting engine of GT5.

I noticed the taillights, but that image looks zoomed in by about 25% or more (that's why I didn't pay too much attention to it). From a normal replay or gameplay, I doubt it will look like that. Look at the resolution of the road.

That car doesn't look great either, the main differences are that it's off screen, in replay mode and it's not close enough to get a particularly good look at. If you pause it when it's zoomed in (about 2 seconds into the vid) you'll see that it's just as low poly as the pug above.

If you were to stick it in photo mode and zoom in then you'd see even more faults. The simple answer is just not using / taking photos of the uglier standard models. There are some fairly good ones in the game (the Veyron was made for the PSP version and looks ok).

Yeah its nonsense almost 6 years and we get 200 premium cars.. i aint gonna bother with the standard ones either if they all have that kind of quality..get lost.

Don't forget that in gameplay the road wont look particularly hot either. It's replay / photomode where you get the best textures / levels of detail.

Here's an example of one from photomode: http://i.imgur.com/gaH9J.jpg
Here's one from direct feed gameplay: http://www.todellisuus.net/~malakai/random/gt501.jpg

First off, if that first picture is even from GT5 (i have my doubts) there is no photomode for standard cars. Its a screen cap with a shitty cellphone camera.

The second photo is clearly from GT4 (look at the fucking car is says GT4 on it). Its just a still from some video from Taxi Gamer (Check the Gran Turismo 4 Gameplay vid, same track, same style of cars).

I stole this photo from the GTPlanet forums. Its a premium and standard side by side.
suzukacircuiteastcourse.jpg

some of you guys getting it at midnight tonight? i'm not even sure the gamestops here are going to have midnight launch since its thanksgiving.

I tried bribing them to sell it to me early. I did play GT5 at Target last night, they have it on a display unit. Then they refused to even acknowledge they even had the game.

Gamestop around here opens at 10AM, which means I have to send the wife to pick it up.

wow the lengths people go to bash this game - wait till its out, I've heard nothing but good things, I'm trying to find these negative reviews i keep hearing about, but all i can find is people giving this game praise and saying how beautiful it looks.

as for that image, looks like someone zoomed in an cropped the screen shot, any picture would look like crap when you do that, the image is not as wide as some of the hi res images I've been seeing, that's why i think its cropped (if its even from gt5).

We'll all know soon enough.

The negative reaction is just due to the hype. People expect the impossible. Sorry, the PS3 is not capable of putting out bullshot quality images in real time. Photo mode is just that, photo mode. The game will still look great in motion, and will undoubtedly be the best looking racer out there.

Now, there are a few complaints I can understand. That is, simulation features only begin to get enabled as you compete in more difficult races. There is no way to play without assists or with damage on in beginner level races. This decision on their part is mind boggling to me. Why not at least make it an option?

Keep in mind that there are standard cars and premium cars..

standard cars are GT4 models that were slightly upgraded..

Some of the uglier shots contain those cars..

First off, if that first picture is even from GT5 (i have my doubts) there is no photomode for standard cars. Its a screen cap with a shitty cellphone camera.
Incorrect, you can use photomode for standard cars, but you can't use photo travel. Photomode with standard cars just limits how close you can go to the car to take a pic (so it doesn't look too bad).

Watch the end of this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etitzY7v7jc#t=7m55s

Incorrect, you can use photomode for standard cars, but you can't use photo travel. Photomode with standard cars just limits how close you can go to the car to take a pic (so it doesn't look too bad).

Wow that is pretty rough.

I think that's fine though, I bet it's still a blast to drive. My opinion still stands in the pictures above though, someone took the original and snapped it with a mobile device and zoomed it in, which made it look even worse.

well said.

fanboys just cant take actuall constructive criticism of a game. fact is, the screenshots are GT5 no matter which way you spin it

i was just thinking.. what if we are all playing gt5 tomorrow and the game turns out to be full of bugs and not as expected, gets bad reviews and turns out to be a total disappointment. i know it would be highly unlikely, but it would be a major kick in the nuts after 5 years of development and delay after delay.

I'm really tempted to go out and buy this game when it goes on sale here in Oz in about 12 hours, but I'm gonna try and resist and wait for some reviews. If I already owned a PS3, it'd be a first minute buy no doubt, but without a PS3... its around $500-550AUD to play (depending on the deals available).

Tossing up whether its worth paying that for a PS3, or just spending the money on buying either a better TV (was going to buy one anyway, an extra $500 will buy something much better though) or maybe a multimonitor set up to play PC sims in 3 screen glory rather than GT5 in single screen.

Given GT5 is the only PS3 game that really seems worth while, its a lot to pay for just 1 game ;) Want to hear some reviews from sim-gamers first... the main positive reviews around at the moment are from GT fans who are obviously going to love it even if its only slightly better than GT4 :p

well said.

fanboys just cant take actuall constructive criticism of a game. fact is, the screenshots are GT5 no matter which way you spin it

I've owned a 360 and Forza 2 & 3 so a fanboy I am not. I like how you provided zero proof other then "bro various forums confirmed it" with zero links. I just find it amusing that most of the evidence for poor graphics on standard cars is based on shoddy screenshots.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Last edited:
Amazon email just came in with shipping confirmation. Tracking shows delivery for tomorrow.
Woo! Thankfully, we'll probably end up closing shop early because of the holiday.

Back