Gran Turismo

7 days till i have gt5 >_< ps3 came yesterday. I am not gonna bother even taking it out the box till Tuesday. Hopefully My Fanatec Porsche 911 turbo s wheel and Clubsport pedals don't fail on me.

I still have this terrible feeling that Gamestop is going to sell my preorder out from underneath me.

I still have this terrible feeling that Gamestop is going to sell my preorder out from underneath me.

Why did you pre-order, did you get the Collectors Edition? You could walk into any local retail chain and pick it up same day.

Why did you pre-order, did you get the Collectors Edition? You could walk into any local retail chain and pick it up same day.

Probably because Gamestop has a tendency to try convincing people they *need* to preorder to get games.

I have not had problems buying a new game without a preorder since Mario Kart 64.

Probably because Gamestop has a tendency to try convincing people they *need* to preorder to get games.

I have not had problems buying a new game without a preorder since Mario Kart 64.

Well I believe there was a thread a year ago or so and many came to the conclusions that preorders died with carts. They could throw millions of copies out if a weeks time if they wanted too I'm sure.

I wonder how many systems this is going to sell. BTW I hate his commercials.

That one wasn't too bad... as for system selling, I guess we'll know over the next few months.

Is anybody getting the Playstation Eye to do head tracking with this game? Has anybody used head tracking before?

Thinking about picking up that move bundle....

I lol'd at "Mr. Butler&#65279; is a professional&#65279; driver on a closed course" at the end.

No, I'm not getting that eye just for head tracking, though it does sound cool, I just don't think it'll help me race at all. In fact, I think it would interfere more than help if the camera is moving at all while I'm racing.

That 40 min install aint shit, I'll gladly do it to quicken load times for the next year I'll be playing it, hah.

Just ordered a ps3 160gb and gt5 preorder from newegg...so glad I upgraded to i7 *sigh*. my coworker says I should cancel my preorder w newegg and make one w best buy bc ill get the game sooner, anyone else here have a preorder w newegg?

I've never preordered from Newegg, but I did preorder Gran Turismo for the PSP from Amazon and I do remember I didn't end up getting it till 2 or 3 days after release.

I preordered from Amazon and paid for release day delivery.
If they dont, you can be sure I'll be demanding freebies to compensate for it.

I got a buddy in retail that'll get it to me as soon as it comes into inventory (yes, I still pay for it) :D. I got RE5 and a couple other games a week or so early this way too, hah. I gotta get that Veyron or something so I can pwn everyone online as soon as it officially launches! Lol

Yeah I don't understand how people can't just go and do something else for 40-60 minutes while it installs.

Young people have no patience. Now where's my walking stick...

Is anybody getting the Playstation Eye to do head tracking with this game? Has anybody used head tracking before?

Thinking about picking up that move bundle....

I haven't been following GT5 lately , but that seems pretty interesting

I preordered from Amazon and paid for release day delivery.
If they dont, you can be sure I'll be demanding freebies to compensate for it.

amazon give you a $10 credit if the game shows up late :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

40 minute install time? That's insane...I spend 2 or 3 minutes installing a game on my PC, typically...40-60 minutes? Nooooo thanks.

Well I think the reason people are complaining about the install time is that 1.) it's a console game, and console gamers really don't like to sit there and wait for any sort of installation to happen and 2.) whether they're PC gamer or not, no one wants to wait 40 minutes to play after they bought the game and pop it in their PS3.

Dude, its optional. And you have the choice to install it completely initially or you can let it install in little bits as you play the game. Unless you plan on playing it for hours and hours straight the first moment you get the game, I don't think its that big of a deal. Even so, we'll all forget about it after the first day.

I cant believe this game is finally coming out holy shit. Does it use anything else from move besides the PSeye?

super cool about the eye, I wonder if you have to use the ps3 eye or if you can use any webcam.

Quit being so fucking impatient. You waited 5 years for this game. You can spend another 40 minutes to install it. If you don't want to wait because you have ADHD, then play it normally and do the install at a time when you have to take time off the TV to take your meds.

Quit being so fucking impatient. You waited 5 years for this game. You can spend another 40 minutes to install it. If you don't want to wait because you have ADHD, then play it normally and do the install at a time when you have to take time off the TV to take your meds.

LMAO!!!

Agreed these people complain about everything.

Start install

Watch episode of tv

Play game

Back