Gran Turismo

I would. It's pretty much the perfect leaderboard competition car because of the Top Gear link.

OH NO!!!!

gt5.jpg

GTPlanet posted complete car and track lists. I'm kinda of disappointed at the car list, seems like the same from GT4 with a little bit added. Way too many Civics, Skylines, NSXs, etc; and not enough other classics.

GTPlanet posted complete car and track lists. I'm kinda of disappointed at the car list, seems like the same from GT4 with a little bit added. Way too many Civics, Skylines, NSXs, etc; and not enough other classics.

Sigh... Still no love for the 1G DSMs. I guess nobody likes us. :(

Sigh... Still no love for the 1G DSMs. I guess nobody likes us. :(

There a lot of dumb car selections. For example, they have both a 2005 and a 2007 Ford Mustang GT, there is no significant mechanical difference between the 2005 and 2007. I know this because I own a 2007.

Things like that are mostly padding. There's really no reason not to do it when all it really takes are a few minor changes. Same story for Opel vs Vauxhall.

Hopefully they'll be good about releasing downloadable car-packs like Forza.

Track lists and Car lists over at GTPlanet...

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-official-track-list/

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-official-car-list/

Overall, 27 tracks, only a handful of which are real tracks. No Spa, no silverstone and many others I would have liked to see. 220 "Premium" cars, many of which are just race versions of street cars, and many of which were in GT5P already, all in all its probably only about 60-70 new cars which actually have a cockpit view.

It'll be a good game no doubt, but its not shaping up to be the mind blowing experience many people were waiting to get their hands on. I'm mildly reconsidering a first day buy of this game (given I dont own a PS3 and it would be a very expensive first day buy ;)).

I'm pissed and have been a member at GTP since '02. I came back in '07 and put up a couple of complaints about this game, I'm still getting it but c'mon!

Here's one of the posts I made:
It's pretty pathetic for a $60,000,000+ game to be inadequate when it comes to cars, I know its touted as the Real Driving Simulator, but give me a ****ing break! A Toyota Prius is a premium car???? Maybe if they didn't waste their time on BS like this they would have put more ICONIC cars than **** box FWD cars.

Real Driving Simulator, which has race tracks meant for racing on?
Then why isn't the likes of:
'03 SVT Cobra, '11 Mustang GT, '11 Mustang GT500, '08 Viper, '06 GTO in this game????

Last edited:
I'm pissed and have been a member at GTP since '02. I came back in '07 and put up a couple of complaints about this game, I'm still getting it but c'mon!

It's pretty pathetic for a $60,000,000+ game to be inadequate when it comes to cars, I know its touted as the Real Driving Simulator, but give me a ****ing break! A Toyota Prius is a premium car???? Maybe if they didn't waste their time on BS like this they would have put more ICONIC cars than **** box FWD cars.

Real Driving Simulator, which has race tracks meant for racing on?
Then why isn't the likes of:
'03 SVT Cobra, '11 Mustang GT, '11 Mustang GT500, '08 Viper, '06 GTO in this game????

Here's one of the posts I made:

A shit ton of people buy Priuses and will be interested to drive one around in a game, even if it is fairly boring. One of my favorite cars in the old GT games was a non-tuner Subaru wagon because I had the same car IRL.

Also if you want them to start dumping in more '11 model cars, might as well keep pushing back the release date. Then include '12 model year cars, then...

A shit ton of people buy Priuses and will be interested to drive one around in a game, even if it is fairly boring. One of my favorite cars in the old GT games was a non-tuner Subaru wagon because I had the same car IRL.

Also if you want them to start dumping in more '11 model cars, might as well keep pushing back the release date. Then include '12 model year cars, then...
a shit ton of people also buy all generations of camrys, why isnt that in the game?

if they didnt make 30 iterations of a fucking s2000, then maybe cars like my '06 gto would have made the list. but then again they would rather drive a prius on a track, which has no merit for it to be on a track at ALL.

all those s2000's have the same specs what about a 5.7 350hp > 6.0 400hp gto?
or an '06 500hp viper > '08 600 viper? no g8 gt/gxp? no holden vxr8?

actually even a '10 model cars would have been nice, they actually have a ferrari 458 italia which if i remember correctly is a 2010, no viper acr-x 2010?.

a shit ton of people also buy all generations of camrys, why isnt that in the game?

if they didnt make 30 iterations of a fucking s2000, then maybe cars like my '06 gto would have made the list. but then again they would rather drive a prius on a track, which has no merit for it to be on a track at ALL.

actually even a '10 model cars would have been nice, they actually have a ferrari 458 italia which if i remember correctly is a 2010, no viper acr-x 2010?.

Dude, relax.

I think a lot of people would rather drive a Prius around a track compared to your GTO. There is a certain novelty in driving slow cars...

The various iterations of cars like the S2000 don't take up a lot of time from the development end of things. They are part of the GT culture though. Does the game need 23 Skylines? No. Has the game almost always had way too many Skylines? Hell yeah.

I think a lot of people would rather drive a Prius around a track compared to your GTO. There is a certain novelty in driving slow cars...
lol ok, have you even driven on a race track before?

im sure if you made a poll at any car forum asking which they would rather drive, you would be flat out wrong.

there is no novelty driving a slow car in a race track, why do think all these NFS comparisons (although not the same genre) are always made?

Dude, relax.
I'm just po'd that polyphony has a supposed huge car list and after seeing what it has, probably only 25% of the cars are new.

the reason why im even more pissed is they don't even have:
ferrari f50, 360 modena
lamborghini diablo
bmw e30, e36 m3's

but then again people would rather drive a prius.

I still don't understand why there's so few Ferraris, Aston Martins, McLarens. They have so many legendary cars to work with. =/

CHECK THIS OUT, the supra rz is a standard car.

i mean REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY?

isnt the supra like #1 or #2 when it comes to japanese performance/race pedigree?

I'm just po'd that polyphony has a supposed huge car list and after seeing what it has, probably only 25% of the cars are new.

the reason why im even more pissed is they don't even have:
ferrari f50, 360 modena
lamborghini diablo
bmw e30, e36 m3's

but then again people would rather drive a prius.

25%? That's being a bit hopeful, more like 10%. There's 800 cars that are copy/paste from GT4 with no cockpit view, ~100 cars copy/paste from GT5P then a handful of new cars many of which are duplicates (race versions of the same car, there's 9 NASCARs which actually amount to 1 Camry and 1 Impala).

25%? That's being a bit hopeful, more like 10%. There's 800 cars that are copy/paste from GT4 with no cockpit view, ~100 cars copy/paste from GT5P then a handful of new cars many of which are duplicates (race versions of the same car, there's 9 NASCARs which actually amount to 1 Camry and 1 Impala).

where did you get these numbers ?

my 25% was actually a guesstimate, and for the most part all the cars that are standard are basically rehashed models from gt3-gt4. which sucks, i want to know what the hell happened to gt3 and gt4 because gt2 had a much better variety. they actually had mustang gt's and mustang cobra's.

i know i know not everyone here is a mustang fan, but i would've loved to take an 03 cobra out for a spin and actually start out with that car (getting gold in the licenses), enter it in all the races i can and work my way up the car chain.

If you're really, really bored you can compare the car lists from GT4, GTPSP and GT5.

Its not hard to do, just order the list by premium/standard and realise basically all the standards are from GT4 or GTPSP, subtract 76 cars that were in GT5P, then a quick glance over the remaining cars you'll notice that there's about 30 or 40 duplicate cars, that only leaves about 100-120 new cars out of the 1000 or so in the game.

I'm noticing that alot of the cars new to GT5 are all 'Premium' cars. Looks like what little cars they did add, they did a proper job and made them premium models. Hopefully that a good indicator that any new downloadable cars may all be premium models.

Man that GT5 car-list is garbage....I understand how cool it was in the first two Gran Turismo's to have such a plethora of JDM cars because, at the time, JDM cars were cool. Then GT3 came out with more/less the same cars but had MUCH better graphics. Awesome, I still get to drive all the JDM cars with great graphics and updated physics.Then GT4 came out, which is more/less the same as GT3 with an updated roster.

Now GT5 comes out in 2010, and they still think people want to drive JDM cars from the mid 90's? They do realize they have been doing this since 1999? We don't need 30 variations of each car when the only major difference is a paint job and different wheels. This was actually a chance to them to turn things around and make this a game for THIS generation, instead of rehashing cars from almost two decades ago.

SO many cars are missing from this list...I don't even know where to start. Why include Ferrari and leave out so many important ones? Where is PORSCHE?! I understand there is probably a licensing issue, but jeez, at least make the RUF counter-parts PREMIUM. No Koenigsegg?! ONE premium Pagani?!

I will probably end up getting Need for Speed, even if it is a ridiculously arcady racing game....

^^

I think he meant to say was "Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do more like"

In all seriousness, I expect he meant that Porsche is there under RUF, the tuner/rebadge porsches.

There are only five RUF cars... and to be honest only two of them are worth writing home about (and none of them are premiums).

Back