Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

Well, can't seem to figure out how to set the link to my flickr pics..any help? I thought it's like
?

sweet pics!

nice to see another person using the westi and the jerker :cool:

where did you buy yours from?

akapaulk said:
sweet pics!

nice to see another person using the westi and the jerker :cool:

where did you buy yours from?
Thanks! I wish I could figure out how to post the images here on the forums so people can see them without having to click on the link to get there. The pics really don't do it justice, like everyone else has said; it's truly massive, and is much bigger in person than the pics show...anyways, I got it from J&R last week when it was $1,150 + $120 for 3 year RepairMaster In-Home Warranty for $1,270 shipped. I thought it was a pretty good deal...and I also love the Jerker as well :)

upload the photo www.imageshack.us then in your reply, click the little picture thats yellow with what looks to be grey mountains and a grey sun...then paste the link to hte picture in there and it will put hte tags on it...

Just got my Westy from J&R.

Fucking amazing. No dead pixels, no backlight problems, nothing.

Unf.

Pics will be posted next week when I have the desk area set up right...I'm waiting on a Dell Enhanced Multimedia keyboard first. (It was $12, has a USB hub, and multimedia keys...all I needed)

It's nice to need Ultramon again. Are there any better apps out there for multiple monitors that I should take a look at instead? I picked up this program back in 2004...and I'm currently driving the 37" with my E1705...so I have access to 2 monitors....

yeh alright!! i just bought a westy lvm-37w3, getting it shipped to Australia, so excited!!
i got it for $1175 + $304 international shipping so $1480, thats a good price right?
sweet!! btw whats a good keyboard?

I am considering on this one of these instead of the Dell 2407FPW, but I cant find them anyway in Australia, so I will have to get one ship over which I am alittle noy about in a way.

the gamer said:
I am considering on this one of these instead of the Dell 2407FPW, but I cant find them anyway in Australia, so I will have to get one ship over which I am alittle noy about in a way.

the same here....is there any way to get this baby shipped to italy?

Kherozene said:
yeh alright!! i just bought a westy lvm-37w3, getting it shipped to Australia, so excited!!
i got it for $1175 + $304 international shipping so $1480, thats a good price right?
ah, i see you got it. Congrats. ^_^ You'll love it.

Kherozene said:

Where are you buying it from? I'm seriously trying to find some way to get this shipped to Germany (even though I'm on a military base).

All international customers: PC Universre gives you the best deal. Ask for a quote.
Techonweb is also international shipping capable but prices are much higher.
My total order was AU$1932 or US$1480 (1175 westy, 305 shipping), shipped from PC Universe. If ypu ask for a quote the price for me went $1267-$1175!!!
Techonwebs quote was US$1705 shipped= about AU$2250
so i saved about AU$320 or US$225.
Keep in mind you can ony pay via wiretransfer.

Any more questions don't hesitate to ask!

the gamer said:

If i get it before you pull the trigger you are welcome to come by an take a look at it before buying. i live in the sydney area (northern)
LOL we may be the only aussies to have this screen!
btw web link for PC Universe

only $1165.18 shipped for USA residents at PC Universe atm

edit: I just saw on PC Universe that they are out of stock! I must of gotten the last one!

don't worry based on these comments on both westy threads i think we made the right decision. ;)

So i've decided that I'm going to deffinatly buy either the 37w3, or the 42w2... I am leaning towards the 42w2 over the 37w3. I can find it for about 1450 total (42"). Only thing persuding me at this point is that i read about blue lines or red lines that show up after awhile (some may be deffective). Did they fix this problem or is it still pursistant? I read something about updating the firmware, or am I totally off? Thanks for the help and info!

it is $1,348.86 shipped from PC Universe

I personally would not go with the 42"er if it were for PC use because of the pixel pitch, for PC go for 37" (around .42mm)

Kherozene said:

Let me know how you get on. I'm still sitting on the fence with the whole international shipping thing. People keep telling me I'm an idiot to even think about it, I don't really see a lot of other choices personally (and I am a bit of an idiot! :) )

I have the Westinghouse 42" model and the Xbox 360 hooked up via VGA... I heard someone say on another forum VGA coulden't support 1080p at 60fps.. just 30fps... something about it didn't have enough bandwidth.. is this true?

DAMN THIS FORUM!!!!!

I thought my 2 Dell 20's would hold me over forever. Then I read this post. Suffice to say, my "37 inches of love" will be here Monday.

Got it from buydig.com for 1268.00 shipped 1-2 Day
They have killer reseller ratings, and it's still 300 cheaper than Best Buy

I'm STOKED!!!!!!!

how is the power requirement from this baby?
in USa do u have 110 or 120w?
in europe we have 220w...

i think i should buy a 110to220 power converter?

JR_Rider said:
what do you guys use to clean your westinghouse tv's
I use special monitor wipes.. They look like those hand wipes you get when you eat BBQ chicken. I haven't really gotten it dirty though. After I wipe it down with wet wipes, I'll go over it with a microfiber towel.

do not use anything w/ ammonia or alcohol. It will rub the antiglare coating right off after a while. monitor wipes = ok.. handwipes = not ok. :)

if you are sitting like 2 feet away from this monitor does it still look good or does the pixel pitch look too big??

I sit about 2 feet away, and have no problem with pixel pitch. Yes, they're larger than my laptop's, but things still look good

Anyone order from Page Computer? I did on the 30th and it took them two days just to get my order in due to some weird personal check on me for the visa. But now its the 3rd and it still hasnt even shipped, WTF!!!
I'm calling today, if its not going out I'm cancleing and going with someone else, they need to get their act together real fast.
Anyhow hope you are all enjoying your Westy37, looks like it will be another week for me in any case. :mad:

How many of you guys, that have the TV, coughed up the extra dough to get an extended service plan? How many years/how much was it?

JR_Rider said:
what do you guys use to clean your westinghouse tv's

I bought some Monster TV Cleaning stuff last night from best buy(had $40 of best buy bucks). I used on my laptop screen first and it worked great. Haven't used it on the TV yet (don't need to)

Ladicius said:
How many of you guys, that have the TV, coughed up the extra dough to get an extended service plan? How many years/how much was it?

198.99 for 3 year service agreement from sam goody..
(in home)

Longest TV thread in the history of the internet. lol

Ladicius said:
I bought the 3 year in-home Repair Master warranty from J&R for $120.

Well, from what I've read of this thread this is a good monitor for computers. I'm also interested in hooking up a 360 to it as well. The 360 on my 2405fpw screen has left me wanting something that will work better with both. While my 2405 is excellent for my computer it has not been so pleasant with the 360. Component causes the colors to be seriously over-saturated and vga is just too wash out for my taste. I was wondering how well this monitor lcd looks with the 360 on it compared to the 2405?

any input would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Well I had a horrible experience with Page Computer, a place I can not recommend and would never order from again.
That said does anyone know of a good place to order this from now and I really would like one that would at least take returns if there are any dead pixels or problems, as so many wont. Also if any are open tomorrow to speak to them would be really nice, most seem to be closed on weekends anymore.
Thanks, hope you all are enjoying yours!

Back