GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Is it possible to mount asetek 545lc with 90mm fan with the PSU being positioned on top without any hats?

Is it possible to mount asetek 545lc with 90mm fan with the PSU being positioned on top without any hats?

If the PSU is mounted al the way up, it might be, but you would have to enlarge the bottom cutout in the Spine proper...

I got the e-mail saying the white is more money. If we're going to be paying extra, can we get the top cover done also in white? Or maybe a light silver? Think it doesn't look that good with the black top.

Last edited:
I got the e-mail saying the white is more money. If we're going to be paying extra, can we get the top cover done also in white? Or maybe a light silver? Think it doesn't look that good with the black top.

Just read your mail again. The 250 sek Premium will Cover the cost for the white Ghost as well as as the top hats! So you will get everything in Arctic no problem ;-)

Just read your mail again. The 250 sek Premium will Cover the cost for the white Ghost as well as as the top hats! So you will get everything in Arctic no problem ;-)

They don't specify that the mesh cover will come in Arctic, though, which is separate from the tophats. All the pictures show a black cover, and I believe Pachalski mentioned that the cover would be available in black & silver...though no word regarding the Arctic yet.

IMO, a silver cover with the Arctic case would still look somewhat off. A uniform white Louqe S1 would be way sleek...please offer that option.

I really second that too, I mean this white is awesome and worth backing a second case (I only backed one because it was not offerd on kickstarter Launch. It just does not make sense to have a black/ash grey top! I

Cheers, will go for those fans.

That Arctic color variant looks ultra sexy...going to echo my sentiments about requesting that the top mesh cover also come in a matching Arctic white color. I am most certainly willing to pay extra for that option!

Also happy that the FTW3 is going to fit.

They don't specify that the mesh cover will come in Arctic, though, which is separate from the tophats. All the pictures show a black cover, and I believe Pachalski mentioned that the cover would be available in black & silver...though no word regarding the Arctic yet.

IMO, a silver cover with the Arctic case would still look somewhat off. A uniform white Louqe S1 would be way sleek...please offer that option.

I really second that too, I mean this white is awesome and worth backing a second case (I only backed one because it was not offerd on kickstarter Launch. It just does not make sense to have a black/ash grey top! I

Offering different grills will exponentially increase the number of SKUs, we need to limit the options at this stage to be able to deliver on our promises. Down the line a diversified range of grills will be offered as stand alone add-ons. It is ultra easy to paint yourself btw =)

Offering different grills will exponentially increase the number of SKUs, we need to limit the options at this stage to be able to deliver on our promises. Down the line a diversified range of grills will be offered as stand alone add-ons. It is ultra easy to paint yourself btw =)

I understand it was a practical decision but in counters a big statement made IMHO as well: DESIGNED TO (NOT) STAND OUT.

I am not going to fiddle with paint myself that does not match the rest of the quality. What material is the topgrill made of? The same as the side panels? or is it a plastic? I guess I will customize the grill once the 3d files are shared and CNC one myself.
for the moment not decided yet if I will pledge for a second case or not, a uniform one would have been a no brainer, so some where I am also happy for my wallet that makes me find reasons not to :)

While waiting for the AIO test results, I started wondering if I would be able to fit the 1080 Ti FTW3 with a small top hat and two NF-A12x15 fans at the top. This way, I could go for NH-L12 and make the case smaller than the other option I'm considering - large top hat with a Celsius S24. Any ideas? Also, would you need a 90 degree adapter for FTW3 and large top hat with S24?

I understand it was a practical decision but in counters a big statement made IMHO as well: DESIGNED TO (NOT) STAND OUT.

I am not going to fiddle with paint myself that does not match the rest of the quality. What material is the topgrill made of? The same as the side panels? or is it a plastic? I guess I will customize the grill once the 3d files are shared and CNC one myself.
for the moment not decided yet if I will pledge for a second case or not, a uniform one would have been a no brainer, so some where I am also happy for my wallet that makes me find reasons not to :)

The grill material will likely be changed to spring steel in to be durable and less prone to deformation. We will order new samples of the grill tomorrow in line with the rest of the upgrades and test them next week. currently they are made from ordinary steel.

While waiting for the AIO test results, I started wondering if I would be able to fit the 1080 Ti FTW3 with a small top hat and two NF-A12x15 fans at the top. This way, I could go for NH-L12 and make the case smaller than the other option I'm considering - large top hat with a Celsius S24. Any ideas? Also, would you need a 90 degree adapter for FTW3 and large top hat with S24?

Please have a look at the GPU compatibility document: http://louqe.com/img/GhostS1_GPU_Compatibility.pdf
The AIR setup you are mentioning is in my opinion the very best allround setup right now! The FTW3 will require a LP 90 degree adapter for the PCIe power feed and the reoval of RGB strip or S-Tophat. If you want to utilize the added volume above with fans you'll need to remove the RGB-strip.

This was the process on the SC2 card:

rgb2.JPG

rgb1.JPG

That's really unfortunate. With the white case being painted in a glossier coating than the other colors (according to kickstater e-mail), I think the mismatching coatings will look off. I mean, you already have a matching top grille for both black and silver, would 1 more matching top grille really overdo things? I guess it's easier to not see the burden when you're not involved in the project.

Will users at least be able to pick a silver top grille, or have the silver top grilles been scrapped too? Are there any pictures of the white case with the top silver grille?

That's really unfortunate. With the white case being painted in a glossier coating than the other colors (according to kickstater e-mail), I think the mismatching coatings will look off. I mean, you already have a matching top grille for both black and silver, would 1 more matching top grille really overdo things? I guess it's easier to not see the burden when you're not involved in the project.

Will users at least be able to pick a silver top grille, or have the silver top grilles been scrapped too? Are there any pictures of the white case with the top silver grille?

"All Ghosts will be offered with a black grill in the foreseeable future as standard."

"All Ghosts will be offered with a black grill in the foreseeable future as standard."

:(. The white looks rather out of place with the black top, imo.

I guess we will have to wait until after production to get a matching top. I just hope the colors and coatings won't too different, as it's hard to match things when painted at different times.

Please have a look at the GPU compatibility document: http://louqe.com/img/GhostS1_GPU_Compatibility.pdf
The AIR setup you are mentioning is in my opinion the very best allround setup right now! The FTW3 will require a LP 90 degree adapter for the PCIe power feed and the reoval of RGB strip or S-Tophat. If you want to utilize the added volume above with fans you'll need to remove the RGB-strip.

This was the process on the SC2 card:

rgb2.JPG

rgb1.JPG

That´s also my question and till now i don´t feel to be satisfied. When using a S tophat, do i still need 90 degrees power plugs? Also there should be enough space for some 15mm fans, right?

Pachalski Not to sound like a broken record but I have asked this around 4 times in various forums and the livestream to no answer.

I want to know more about the rag-tag, its dimensions, how its attached, if there is a supplier you can order custom ones from. Its a classy simple mod that can personalize my build and I want to work on sourcing one sooner than later.

btw we are less than 2 weeks away from the end of the kickstarter and there isn't any review of the case yet ( just 2 previews).

unless someone will release an english review very soon, there is no way that this project will reach even the first stretch goal (150%).

you really need to push for the reviews to be released asap

btw we are less than 2 weeks away from the end of the kickstarter and there isn't any review of the case yet ( just 2 previews).

unless someone will release an english review very soon, there is no way that this project will reach even the first stretch goal (150%).

you really need to push for the reviews to be released asap

I don't know about that. I think that the market for this type of case is still rather niche. With the Dan Case A4 getting 1.5k backers that doesn't leave a lot of space for a lot more backers. The issue is that these two cases are a premium product and a large percentage of users building computers rather save money here and there. Jayz2cents is the only one that has a case right now (in English) and if he hasn't released a review other than his initial thoughts then that's what we are getting. Shipping that case overseas will take a while. Now if he gets a case to the UK or it's neighbors then we might get an english review.

Also, we will probably see some of the extra's further down the road even if we don't reach the stretch goals. As it stands the community as a whole want's all sorts of things and we haven't even decided on 1 solid extra.

Pushing reviewers to review is never a good idea.

I don't know about that. I think that the market for this type of case is still rather niche. With the Dan Case A4 getting 1.5k backers that doesn't leave a lot of space for a lot more backers. The issue is that these two cases are a premium product and a large percentage of users building computers rather save money here and there. Jayz2cents is the only one that has a case right now (in English) and if he hasn't released a review other than his initial thoughts then that's what we are getting. Shipping that case overseas will take a while. Now if he gets a case to the UK or it's neighbors then we might get an english review.

Also, we will probably see some of the extra's further down the road even if we don't reach the stretch goals. As it stands the community as a whole want's all sorts of things and we haven't even decided on 1 solid extra.

Pushing reviewers to review is never a good idea.

Because the final samples with the new Colors will arrive to Louqe in the end of January 2018 i can not se any reviews in the Kickstarter time.

Because the final samples with the new Colors will arrive to Louqe in the end of January 2018 i can not se any reviews in the Kickstarter time.
ok but a review after the kickstarter is done is quite useles...

the people that have already pledged the case will not be able to ask for a refund while the people that didn t know about the case and missed the kickstarter will not be able to buy one.

the people that have already pledged the case will not be able to ask for a refund while the people that didn t know about the case and missed the kickstarter will not be able to buy one.

I can agree in this point.

But when they have fixes left to do and only black case done.

A review would be pointless this are not the final product and the color on this case will be diffent.

That´s also my question and till now i don´t feel to be satisfied. When using a S tophat, do i still need 90 degrees power plugs? Also there should be enough space for some 15mm fans, right?

It is either 90 degree and removal of rgb in XS OR S-TopHat. To be able to utilize space in TopHat (mount the platform) rgb needs to be removed. Then fans can be installed despite sharing the space with power feeds.

Pachalski Not to sound like a broken record but I have asked this around 4 times in various forums and the livestream to no answer.

I want to know more about the rag-tag, its dimensions, how its attached, if there is a supplier you can order custom ones from. Its a classy simple mod that can personalize my build and I want to work on sourcing one sooner than later.

Sorry for not answering this clearly before. It is a very simple solution:

Dimensions
These are being updated in line with the updated grill, the design team will have all the updates in place on Monday and we will be able to show you all the details then. The updates to the grill lets us use 4 full holes which gives the rag tag opening 16,5 mm in width (3 + 1,5 + 3 + 1,5 + 3 + 1,5). The tag is 16. Depth of the ragtag opening in the grill is the same as the diameter of the holes, 3 mm. Full height of ragtag with seem (see next point) is 17 mm, leaving ~14,5 mm sticking up over the grill.

How it is attached
It is a loop with a seem in the bottom. Friction from the leather or thick woven fabric is preventing the ragtag from falling down (a tight fit), the seem prevents it from going all the way through.

Supplier
In earlier version we were using Magam as a supplier for the ragtags. www.magam.pl who do custom woven labels for many manufacturers around the world. All is pointing towards us using them this time around as well, but instead of their labels we are going for their woven ribbons to add thickness and make the tag fitting the same for leather and fabric.

Again, sorry for the lack of clarity in the matter. I hope this helps and we will be able to provide detailed drawings for it on Monday.

Regarding marketing and boosting the campaign. By the sound of it, it seams some of you are stressed about the campaign not performing better. If that is the case I would like to share my view with you and hopefully spread some relief. We have invested so much in this project, in our belief we are doing something right, that there is not much that could stop us from taking this to the market, funded or not! With our carriers from the management consultant industry we have worked for many many years along side the largest investment institutions and PE-companies in Europe, we help them decide what a potential deal is worth through what is call a CDD project (commercial due diligence), we help them understand how they can find synergies in their portfolio, we help them to identity and shape digital transformation opportunities etc. whatever they need to understand - we are there for them. During projects like these relationships are formed, all of our former customers are aware of our existence and have shown interest in joining with us. However, we would prefer to stay as independent as possible simply not to be pulled into corporate nonsense and limit our freedom to do what we believe is best. Sharing the 3D model with anyone who wishes to use them would have been out of the question if we would have had shareholders to answer to at this point for instance. KickStarter is not the only way, it is just the best way right now.

We have some more previews coming during the campaign (Dave Lee has a case and HWC just said they would have a look at it).

Regarding marketing and boosting the campaign. By the sound of it, it seams some of you are stressed about the campaign not performing better. If that is the case I would like to share my view with you and hopefully spread some relief. We have invested so much in this project, in our belief we are doing something right, that there is not much that could stop us from taking this to the market, funded or not! With our carriers from the management consultant industry we have worked for many many years along side the largest investment institutions and PE-companies in Europe, we help them decide what a potential deal is worth through what is call a CDD project (commercial due diligence), we help them understand how they can find synergies in their portfolio, we help them to identity and shape digital transformation opportunities etc. whatever they need to understand - we are there for them. During projects like these relationships are formed, all of our former customers are aware of our existence and have shown interest in joining with us. However, we would prefer to stay as independent as possible simply not to be pulled into corporate nonsense and limit our freedom to do what we believe is best. Sharing the 3D model with anyone who wishes to use them would have been out of the question if we would have had shareholders to answer to at this point for instance. KickStarter is not the only way, it is just the best way right now.

We have some more previews coming during the campaign (Dave Lee has a case and HWC just said they would have a look at it).

Nice to see that HWC are onboard to check in the case.

Will be Good for this Kickstarter

Reviews of the artic white or whatever the color is at this point will not increase the hype. People want this case for what it offers. The performance, multitude of hardware options, heatsjnk and aio etc... Is what will get people to fund this. Again, it is a little late in the game. Pachalski did this same thing for his first kickstarter and we all know how that one ended. I'm just glad it got funded. I'm sure that once this is done and everyone starts getting on the hype train that we might see ansecond run or something like what ncase does.

This makes no sense. I backed the first sun of the dan case a4. What we all learned is that there are always people that want to get in once the kickstarter is over. People were buying up cases for $500+ on ebay. People can sell it if they are thinking about "refunds". Honestly, who funds a project like this without knowing enough to know that you want a $200+ case? Reveiws are nice but I think you are looking at some extreme what ifs.

This makes no sense. I backed the first sun of the dan case a4. What we all learned is that there are always people that want to get in once the kickstarter is over. People were buying up cases for $500+ on ebay. People can sell it if they are thinking about "refunds". Honestly, who funds a project like this without knowing enough to know that you want a $200+ case? Reveiws are nice but I think you are looking at some extreme what ifs.

the fact that close to nobody knows about this case is an "extreme what ifs" ?

What's a reviewer going to tell those of us who backed it other than just more in depth stuff? General parameters we already know, e.g. temps of major components, most of the possible configurations, etc. I'm surprised anyone even mentioned the "r word." (Refund.) I agree with Ca11idus that thinking about getting a refund because some crappy review comes out is sort of cuckoo-bananas. Given everything we know now, which is a lot, if some reviewer did give this a bad review it would have to be because they misunderstood the product or had some sort of defect in their specific case. Neither of which would cause me any concern.

The Dan case had (great) reviews after its campaign (e.g., Linus) and the huge demand for the case allowed him to do a second successful v2 run. Same deal here. Post campaign reviews are still very valuable and just one campaign completion is not the end of a product's marketing run, it is just the beginning.

You could probably make the cpu side panel bulge outward if it was 2-piece. Install lower side panel -> Install Heat Sink - > Install Upper side panel.

I think it would look very cool to have a non-bulged 2 piece, with a Noctua NH-C14S sticking half-way out of the case

the fact that close to nobody knows about this case is an "extreme what ifs" ?
If nobody knows about this case we would not be funded. This is the second run on kickstarter, this project has been around forums around the world for a hot minute. This has been posted on reddit plenty of times. Everyone that is interested in a form factor like this, for the most part, knows of this case's existance. Not everyone is willing or able to pay $200+ for a case when they are struggling to buy a mid range gpu or ram.

Again, as of now, this form factor is still a small niche market.

Also we now have access to knockoff cases from overseas for $100+ and get it a lot faster than a dan case a4 or even this case can be shipped.

Last edited:
My NH-L12 arrived today after thinking I had missed my chance to get one before inflated prices, and now i cannot wait until april!

Dave Lee is going to absolutely love this case. He's all about SFF and minimal looks though I know he is a fan of silver as that's his current setup w/ an M1. Can't wait to see his video!

Back