Games are lagging with new setup, please help :(

There is a much newer vbios available for his gpu on gigabytes website. 3 years newer than the one on his card and his gpu boost clocks are much higher than advertised boost according to the bios description. Power limiting from mosfets maybe?

Are you running these games in windowed or fullscreen mode?

Just to rule out hardware issues, could you run a benchmark like passmark on your GPU? The site says a 1050Ti should get around 6327, so yours should be able get pretty close to that.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
Fullscreen
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=139566939340
It writes the result based on the fps or other stats in game right? so if the game is lagging and has low fps because of a software issue, then it also affects the result I guess, how does this bench can show that I have a hardware issue, I didn't really touch my GPU from my old build to my current build

Last edited:
Welcome to Nvidia driver audio latency hell. You mentioned the audio crackling doesn't happen with headphones-try entirely disabling the Nvidia HDMI Audio in Device Manager and check DPC latency and performance again.
I disabled the Nvidia High Definition Audio and tested the game again, but no the FPS was still low
Screenshot (2).png

Interesting, just did some light reading on the nvidia driver stuff, and it might be the issue here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...111/gtx-1080-high-dpc-latency-and-stuttering/

Looks like a possible fix was opening cmd as admin and running this command:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

https://www.ghacks.net/2013/04/18/try-changing-hpet-settings-to-improve-your-pcs-performance/
I did it, but it didn't fix it
I tried both:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false
bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
but no difference in the game

Last edited:
There is a much newer vbios available for his gpu on gigabytes website. 3 years newer than the one on his card and his gpu boost clocks are much higher than advertised boost according to the bios description. Power limiting from mosfets maybe?
I don't know which driver do you mean exactly, I've downloaded all possible drivers, and they're up to date, and I re-updated the BIOS last night

I'm doing the steps, but I get an error when I reach the cmd part, for the third command:
View attachment 391481

The stats when I run Stronghold Warlords:
View attachment 391483

Replace xperf with wpa for that command.
I don't know which driver do you mean exactly, I've downloaded all possible drivers, and they're up to date, and I re-updated the BIOS last night
He meant the GPU's VBIOS. It's basically the BIOS for the GPU, something I recommend you don't touch for now.

Fullscreen
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=139566939340
It writes the result based on the fps or other stats in game right? so if the game is lagging and has low fps because of a software issue, then it also affects the result I guess, how does this bench can show that I have a hardware issue, I didn't really touch my GPU from my old build to my current build

Basically the intent was to take a known performance value for your specific hardware and compare it to what your actual hardware is capable of, you are correct that this could also have issues due to software. But assuming the tests passes and you dont have issues, it would 100% prove that your GPU itself isnt the problem.

Basically the intent was to take a known performance value for your specific hardware and compare it to what your actual hardware is capable of, you are correct that this could also have issues due to software. But assuming the tests passes and you dont have issues, it would 100% prove that your GPU itself isnt the problem.
Oh, you're right
So the software issue might be the DPC Latency issue that I have, based on the image that I replied above, it shows that some of those .sys files have high latencies, and I did some research on them, and I did some of their suggestions like rolling back to windows 10 1703 build which is very old, and I even tried that, also rolling back the graphics driver to something below version 390, and that one didn't fix it either, I would open dpc latency app and there were always yellow and red bars, yellow bars when pc was idle, and red when I was running games

Check you motherboard bios for PCIE gen4/gen3 switch for X16 slot and set to gen3 maybe that will help.

Check you motherboard bios for PCIE gen4/gen3 switch for X16 slot and set to gen3 maybe that will help.
My bios is so limited, it doesn't have any option related to GPU
The main issue is this DPC latency issue, I'm 95% sure it is, because it is really similar to those who have DPC latency issues, I saw this post, which he says that he would get 100 fps in COD Warzone, but after this latency issue, he's getting 10~15 fps, he fixed it by CMOS resetting, because his RAM speed was misconfigured:
https://linustechtips.com/topic/122...krnlsys/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-14970086
I tried that as well but it didn't work for me, and there's also another suggestion to check the IRQ to see if the GPU is being shared with a USB or something, but mine is OK I think:
Screenshot (1).png

1630696253803.png

Last edited:
What is your exact motherboard/CPU combo?

If we are getting down to IRQ assignments, we may as well explore some other "out there" ideas. Is it possible to move this card to a different PCIe slot? Does your BIOS have the option for "shared memory" or somthing related to reserving system RAM for the iGPU? If so, disable that. I dont think this is the issue, but you could look into your IOMMU groupings and see if your card is sharing space with somthing like a USB controller. Can you disable all the onboard hardware in BIOS? Im talking:
Disable the SATA controller, especially any additional RAID "controllers"
Disable the LAN port
Disable All audio, including front panel
Disable all USB3 controllers (leave yourself a USB2 controller if possible to use for KB/M)
IDE/Floppy etc.. - Disabled

This is a weird issue for sure, you seem to have done all of the things everyone else did, but youre still having issues. Itll be cool to finally get this figured out, we might stumble upon some solution nobody has found yet.

EDIT - Also go in BIOS disable all S states, PCIe power managment, go into the widnows power profile and set PCIe devices to always be on, no hibernation etc..

What is your exact motherboard/CPU combo?

If we are getting down to IRQ assignments, we may as well explore some other "out there" ideas. Is it possible to move this card to a different PCIe slot? Does your BIOS have the option for "shared memory" or somthing related to reserving system RAM for the iGPU? If so, disable that. I dont think this is the issue, but you could look into your IOMMU groupings and see if your card is sharing space with somthing like a USB controller. Can you disable all the onboard hardware in BIOS? Im talking:
Disable the SATA controller, especially any additional RAID "controllers"
Disable the LAN port
Disable All audio, including front panel
Disable all USB3 controllers (leave yourself a USB2 controller if possible to use for KB/M)
IDE/Floppy etc.. - Disabled

This is a weird issue for sure, you seem to have done all of the things everyone else did, but youre still having issues. Itll be cool to finally get this figured out, we might stumble upon some solution nobody has found yet.

EDIT - Also go in BIOS disable all S states, PCIe power managment, go into the widnows power profile and set PCIe devices to always be on, no hibernation etc..
I have H510M S2H rev 1
and i3 10100F
I think my bios is so limited, it doesn't have any options related to GPU, even in advanced mode, there's really nothing related to GPU in there, I can't even test most of the BIOS configurations which are suggested on the internet because I don't even have those in my BIOS
I found some of the onboard harwares as well, I couldn't disable SATA because I think I would not be able to boot, because I have my windows installed on it, disabling LAN, audio, and other stuff didn't help either
I think the devices of the motherboard are ok, since the LatencyMon is not showing things related to network adapter etc, there are two .sys files that are both related to the graphics driver
I found this post:
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/dpc-latency-spikes-due-to-nvidea-drivers-solutions.98845/
which there's a guy suggesting to do these steps:
- Disable Windows 10 Hibernate
- Disable HPET
- Use NVSlimmer to create a less bloated NVidia DRIVER
- Use DDU to uninstall the current driver
- Install the less bloated DRIVE trimmed by NVSlimmer
- Adjust BOTH NVIDIA and Windows power settings
- Make sure NVidia driver is using MSI utility tool

MSI(Message Signaled-Based Interrupts) utility V3
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...terrupts-msi-tool.378044/page-71#post-5826955
1630702357129.png

This picture is from that website, my gpu is 1050 ti
and I think doing these steps did make a change in LatencyMon, I mean it didn't lower the latencies, but I think that the dxgkrnl.sys doesn't appear as often as before, in fact, it's not there anymore after doing those steps, it's now replaced by the HDAudBus.sys or the wdf01000.sys, which they don't go that high at first, but do a sudden spike after a few seconds
Screenshot (4)_LI.jpg

so yeah I think the dxgkrnl.sys might be "fixed" somehow I guess??... I don't know...

EDIT: nevermind, the dxgkrnl.sys is BACK, lol:
1630703976177.png

Last edited:
I have H510M S2H rev 1
and i3 10100F
I think my bios is so limited, it doesn't have any options related to GPU, even in advanced mode, there's really nothing related to GPU in there, I can't even test most of the BIOS configurations which are suggested on the internet because I don't even have those in my BIOS
I found some of the onboard harwares as well, I couldn't disable SATA because I think I would not be able to boot, because I have my windows installed on it, disabling LAN, audio, and other stuff didn't help either
I think the devices of the motherboard are ok, since the LatencyMon is not showing things related to network adapter etc, there are two .sys files that are both related to the graphics driver
I found this post:
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/dpc-latency-spikes-due-to-nvidea-drivers-solutions.98845/
which there's a guy suggesting to do these steps:
- Disable Windows 10 Hibernate
- Disable HPET
- Use NVSlimmer to create a less bloated NVidia DRIVER
- Use DDU to uninstall the current driver
- Install the less bloated DRIVE trimmed by NVSlimmer
- Adjust BOTH NVIDIA and Windows power settings
- Make sure NVidia driver is using MSI utility tool

MSI(Message Signaled-Based Interrupts) utility V3
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...terrupts-msi-tool.378044/page-71#post-5826955
View attachment 391690
This picture is from that website, my gpu is 1050 ti
and I think doing these steps did make a change in LatencyMon, I mean it didn't lower the latencies, but I think that the dxgkrnl.sys doesn't appear as often as before, in fact, it's not there anymore after doing those steps, it's now replaced by the HDAudBus.sys or the wdf01000.sys, which they don't go that high at first, but do a sudden spike after a few secondsView attachment 391694
so yeah I think the dxgkrnl.sys might be "fixed" somehow I guess??... I don't know...

EDIT: nevermind, the dxgkrnl.sys is BACK, lol:
View attachment 391704

So realistically, the only "new" thing you tried was installing the specially trimmed driver? Because I believe youve done all of the other steps already at one point or another, including a total re-OS of the system. This may sound strange, but im pretty much out of ideas, can you follow this guide to enable "stereo mix" on your system:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-125400-cod-4-multiplayer-doesn-t-start

Its a fix for COD4, the steam version fails to load on anything windows 7 or newer (which is how I know about it), but given that it works perfectly and I dont know why, it might be good to try here too.

So realistically, the only "new" thing you tried was installing the specially trimmed driver? Because I believe youve done all of the other steps already at one point or another, including a total re-OS of the system. This may sound strange, but im pretty much out of ideas, can you follow this guide to enable "stereo mix" on your system:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-125400-cod-4-multiplayer-doesn-t-start

Its a fix for COD4, the steam version fails to load on anything windows 7 or newer (which is how I know about it), but given that it works perfectly and I dont know why, it might be good to try here too.
Yeah, installing the trimmed driver and also checking my GPU as msi in that msi utility tool
I've enabled stereo mix, no fix

Did you run mem test ever? It's very possible that it's your ram, not the GPU.
No, not yet, I'll do it right now, and I think that you might be right, but again, I've reset my BIOS to defaults, all the RAM settings are now reset but that didn't solve anything

No, not yet, I'll do it right now, and I think that you might be right, but again, I've reset my BIOS to defaults, all the RAM settings are now reset but that didn't solve anything
Even slightly faulty ram can cause all sorts of issues including this. Definitely worth checking :).

Uninstall your audio driver and disable audio completely either in bios or device manager and retest rendering to see if it has improved fps.

Even slightly faulty ram can cause all sorts of issues including this. Definitely worth checking :).
I think after installing that trimmed version of the graphics driver, and with dxgkrnl.sys less appearance, the fps had a little bit of improvement I guess...
My fps is now on 50 on ultra settings with 1360x768 resolution in Stronghold Warlords, this FPS is not normal for sure, it should be higher than this, but it had a little improvement, I'm not sure if it's because of installing the trimmed driver or not, because I've tested so many other things, but by far, enabling the msi with the msi utility tool had the biggest effect on the LatencyMon stats than any other solutions...

The dxgkrnl.sys appears less often for sure...
1630744230266.png

most of the time the dxgkrnl is replaced with this HDAudBus.sys
If I let the LatencyMon to be running for a longer time, the dxgkrnl will appear I think

Last edited:
I think after installing that trimmed version of the graphics driver, and with dxgkrnl.sys less appearance, the fps had a little bit of improvement I guess...
My fps is now on 50 on ultra settings with 1360x768 resolution in Stronghold Warlords, this FPS is not normal for sure, it should be higher than this, but it had a little improvement, I'm not sure if it's because of installing the trimmed driver or not, because I've tested so many other things, but by far, installing the trimmed driver had the biggest effect on the LatencyMon stats than any other solutions...

The dxgkrnl.sys appears less often for sure...
View attachment 391897
most of the time the dxgkrnl is replaced with this HDAudBus.sys
If I let the LatencyMon to be running for a longer time, the dxgkrnl will appear I think
Btw, I saw someone suggesting to install the Windows 10 Enterprise edition only, I'm not sure if that helps though, but I guess I HAVE to try everything, if that didn't fix it either, I won't reinstall any windows again probably, I'm TIRED OF DOING THAT 😫

Last edited:
Looks like the major culprits are the HD Audio Driver and Nvidia's Driver.

Please try DDU, then only install the Graphics Driver.

Another thing is to remove the GPU from the MB slot, and thoroughly clean the PCI-E contacts and slots.

Another thing to mention is that there are multiple columns in the RAM timings section of the BIOS as shown below
THIS IS NOT MY BIOS, it's a random video on youtube, but mine is really similar to this one except the color theme is yellow instead of red:
Untitled.png

but only the left column is selectable, and I've set the first 5 values to specific timings relative to my 2666 RAM speed, and when I reset my BIOS, the left column always resets to auto, but the right columns won't get reset, they always have the last values that I've set to the left column, what are those two columns on the right? what do they show, I'm concerned because they don't get reset, and I've done so many tweaks on my RAM

The first time I build the PC and the windows was booting up, then I immediately went into bios and enabled the XMP, because one of my friends said to enable it for higher RAM speed, then the windows booted up, and games were laggy like now, and windows was unstable too, apps would crash constantly, and windows would show blue screen errors randomly, I went back to bios, disabled the XMP, and then booted windows again, I don't remember if I've reset the bios or not, but yeah I've done so many tweaks on my RAM, and I think the first enabling of the XMP may have started the problem

Another thing is to remove the GPU from the MB slot, and thoroughly clean the PCI-E contacts and slots.
Right now I have only the graphics driver installed, that HD Audio is for the intel I think, which installs automatically, and is now disabled in my device manager
btw, thanks for guiding me, I've never heard of DPC latency before, but you found the real problem, so thanks!

New results!
When I disable the High Definition Audio Controller under the Device Manager > system devices
the HDAudBus goes away from the LatencyMon! there are two High Definition Audio Controller, only one of them fixes the issue, and it's the one related to my headset, unfortunately, so if I disable it, I don't have any sound anymore, because both of these HD Audio controller devices cause this issue, so basically I can't use any sound, I uninstalled these two devices and then installed the Realtek, but after restarting they're installed again
in LatencyMon, the HDAudBus gets replaced by the wdf01000.sys, but it doesn't spike
1630747582770.png

I will reinstall the graphics driver right now but the studio version not the game ready, to see if anything changes

Last edited:
I installed the studio version of the graphic driver, it was also the trimmed version and only installed the graphics driver not anything else, and it got worse!
the dxgkrnl.sys is back again
1630748658183.png

One important thing that I noticed
after I removed the graphic driver, I ran latencyMon with the HD audio controllers both enabled, and they had NO SPIKES!
I think the main culprit is the graphic driver, both dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys, without them, everything is fine

I believe you can disable windows from automagically installing the drivers for your devices:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

You have definitely re-imaged your system enough times that I would say it isnt your OS, could potentially be the install media though, but thats unlikely. I know you had mentioned maybe re-imaging to W10 Enterprise, but what about putting Ubuntu on instead? If you put linux on there, you would be able to test out the open source nvidia driver and see if that helps. Its called Nouveau.

EDIT - Just for a minor sanity check, can you open up cmd as admin and run:
sfc /scannow

if thats good, run this to double confirm:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

I believe you can disable windows from automagically installing the drivers for your devices:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

You have definitely re-imaged your system enough times that I would say it isnt your OS, could potentially be the install media though, but thats unlikely. I know you had mentioned maybe re-imaging to W10 Enterprise, but what about putting Ubuntu on instead? If you put linux on there, you would be able to test out the open source nvidia driver and see if that helps. Its called Nouveau.

EDIT - Just for a minor sanity check, can you open up cmd as admin and run:
sfc /scannow

if thats good, run this to double confirm:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image
I don't know about Ubuntu, I've just reinstalled Windows 10 Enterprise, it had no difference, I'm actually tired of reinstalling, is it worth it to install ubuntu? does it have the potential to fix my problem? I can't use Ubuntu permanently though, I need windows
I ran both commands:
1630799596822.png

Last edited:
Back