• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Game Developer "Fed Up With Space Marines!"

I call BS. There's a damn good reason for this. If you try to preach to me about your political point of view, I won't buy your game.
Eh, when I think politics in a game, I don't think of real life politics but political conflicts that evolve into a civil war or whatever. It's an excellent plot device and Suikoden V used this wonderfully.

Politics open for much more indepth storylines than "those monsters are mean, kill them".
 
I just want games with realistic boob animation , even in the cutscenes they tend suck donkey balls.
 
With space marines in them!

Oh and I hope Warhammer isn't hell bent (haha pun...) on only releasing space marine for PS3... may actually make me buy a PS3 :(

I wonder if you play as one of the more prominent space marines in that game or play a sub of one? I'd like to go around in gold, gem encrusted armor blasting the defiled away!


It'll be on PC, 360 and PS 3. That was really the first picture I found, and seemed fitting since Heavy Rain was a PS 3 game.

I'm actually in the same city as Relic, and apparently they are asking people to come in to try the game out (NDA), wondering if I can get the time to do it maybe.

I guess we could do with less Space Marines and more Space Orks and Elves :p

Play WH40k DoW2 Retribution for a space marine fix.

Retribution is a good jumping on point really. Its a full multiplayer game, with a fun second game mode, and a single/coop campaign for half the price of some games today. ($30 vs $60). And the Heavy Rain devs might be happy to find out it has more than "space marines" :p
 
just sounds like the author of the "rant" is gettin older hehe. His music changed etc etc etc. Whats a matter? too loud now? How about potential customers what they'd like to see in games forthcoming and gather proper data from a public forum of sorts. Let others see whats being discussed, use the info, refine it and go from there. Im personally just tired of companies "telling" me what i want and what to play.
 
For all the anti-Euro nazis, he goes on to say:
"But it's not just in Europe, I hear many developers in the US saying the same thing"

I think the problem is that games are still viewed as a kind of toy. Something that children and maybe teenagers are supposed to be into, then you "grow up" and stop playing games. That's why there's such an outrage when there's a game with sexual content, or even a romantic scene without nudity. A children's toy isn't supposed to be like that, it's almost perverse. For some reason, "gore porn" appears to be more acceptable, though.

You typically don't here people say "I think I'm too old for TV". They might not watch the same programs as the teenagers, but they don't outgrow television as a media. The thing is, we who grew up with Pac-Man and Space Invaders are older now, but many of us still like video games.
 
Space Marinez is teh awesome coz bang bang roar roar pew pew booooooom! yay lol. USA dominate! so real.
 
Space Marinez is teh awesome coz bang bang roar roar pew pew booooooom! yay lol. USA dominate! so real.

What do space marines have to do with the US? Sci-Fi stories dealing with space marines usually have a unified world or deal with another planet entirely. Sarcasm fail.
 
meanmodda[H];1037008801 said:
I just want games with realistic boob animation , even in the cutscenes they tend suck donkey balls.

Damnit! All that IP developed for dead or alive extreme beach volleyball gone to waste. A much bigger shame than too many space marines.
 
Zarathustra[H];1037006215 said:
I son't think we've exploited the hell out of the Korean war in video games yet. Lets do it! :p

Oddly enough, that is where all the serious flight combat sims are set. Jets without missiles, what more do you want?

On the other hand, lets have a game where you are part of a tripwire force. You are expected to die so your countries current administration can use your death to get the public involved in a war they otherwise wouldn't be interested in. Getting the other guy to die for his country is irrelevant. Great game.
 
Historically accurate recreation of being stuck in a trench, get trench foot, get shelled by rounds as big as a bus, get buried by the dirt blown into the air by said shell, get unburied, by another said shell of same size and force, get buried again, get unburied yet again, and find one of your friends has been exhumed from the blast, who's been missing for a month; get mowed down by machine gun fire running through no mans land, because if you didn't you'd get shot by your CO.

Ah, war has never been so much fun.

And this differs from a Stalingrad level, how?

Actually, the biggest problem would be convincing the typical [H]orde that WWI wasn't just a "6 week jaunt and they were back for Christmas". I mean, didn't the French surrender once they could hear the sounds of the guns in Paris?

Once the full might of the German onslaught was determine to pass through Verdun, surely they passed didn't they? I mean, who were they kidding "they shall not pass".

Nah, WWI was just snoopy flying around. Never two armies continually throwing themselves against impenetrable defenses. Certainly not the French doing most of the dying, and holding out far longer than the Germans.
 
For all the anti-Euro nazis, he goes on to say:
"But it's not just in Europe, I hear many developers in the US saying the same thing"

I think the problem is that games are still viewed as a kind of toy. Something that children and maybe teenagers are supposed to be into, then you "grow up" and stop playing games. That's why there's such an outrage when there's a game with sexual content, or even a romantic scene without nudity. A children's toy isn't supposed to be like that, it's almost perverse. For some reason, "gore porn" appears to be more acceptable, though.

You typically don't here people say "I think I'm too old for TV". They might not watch the same programs as the teenagers, but they don't outgrow television as a media. The thing is, we who grew up with Pac-Man and Space Invaders are older now, but many of us still like video games.

Yeah, but he's a Frenchie so who believes anything he says! LOL!

Seriously, oh I'm sure many US developers feel that they know better then the game buying public about what a quality game is, hell you need to look no further then Derek Smart for living proof.

As for the rest of your post, the "videogame as kids toy" debate is a completely different animal and it's actually fed by ignorance of videogaming as a hobby, as well as arrogance by people who need to feel better about themselves.
 
I read the article just so I could say this more accurately:

Shut the fuck up, David Cage--Space Marines are infinitely more awesome than some fat bastard with asthma. Also, Eurosnobs can choke on the God-Emperor's withered cock.
 
I'm fed up with zombies, marines, and aliens altogether!

Whatever. We do not have enough of these things. We don't have any good and gory zombie shooters. Left 4 Dead and Killing Floor both suck. They are some of the most unimaginative pieces of uninspired crap I've ever played. Space marines? Tell me what new games have featured any type of space marine in the last two years? AvP. There's one. Next? And aliens? Well we have Crysis, Duke Nukem Forever and that's about it really. Most FPS games are modern warfare type shooters. Before that they were all WWII shooters. I don't see how you can be tired of games which are just now coming out and haven't been released in YEARS.
 
Space marines? Tell me what new games have featured any type of space marine in the last two years? AvP. There's one. Next?

PC only or in general? I can think of a few console ones off the top of my head. Though I do agree with you. I'm not a huge fan of the "ZOMG gritty modern" shooters. Especially crap like the COD games.
 
PC only or in general? I can think of a few console ones off the top of my head. Though I do agree with you. I'm not a huge fan of the "ZOMG gritty modern" shooters. Especially crap like the COD games.

I don't really pay any attention to the console scene. I suppose there is Gears of War and Halo. Those things have space marines. Though I'm not sure when the most recent of those titles was released. I am not a big fan of either franchise.
 
I don't really pay any attention to the console scene. I suppose there is Gears of War and Halo. Those things have space marines. Though I'm not sure when the most recent of those titles was released. I am not a big fan of either franchise.

Dawn of War 2+ expansions, Shattered Horizon, Alien Swarm, Red Faction, Killzone, Halo, StarCraft 2, Mass Effect... and so on.
 
Sounds like, Mr. Cage is jealous. You could say the same thing about all these damn cgi movies.
hell you could make a cgi movie about a fricken napkin and kids would go see it. stop whining.
 
Sounds like, Mr. Cage is jealous. You could say the same thing about all these damn cgi movies.
hell you could make a cgi movie about a fricken napkin and kids would go see it. stop whining.

Oh so true. The god awful looking Hop movie will probably be a hit.
 
I didn't play any of those games.

Red Faction Guerrilla is pretty fun if you want some mindless destruction. PC version may piss you off though, it has issues. Thankfully Armageddon should be much better. I don't really think it counts though. There are Space Marines in the game, sort of, but you're not one.
 
Give me some credit, I play other games besides CoD.

Which is why I said it jokingly. I'd seriously check out the Dawn of War 2 games and expansions, though. I would classify it as brutal, facegrinding squad strategy-light. The newest standalone, Retribution, is probably the most balanced.

My neighbors hate it when I play those games, constant machine gun fire and explosions rattle their pictures.
 
Which is why I said it jokingly. I'd seriously check out the Dawn of War 2 games and expansions, though. I would classify it as brutal, facegrinding squad strategy-light. The newest standalone, Retribution, is probably the most balanced.

My neighbors hate it when I play those games, constant machine gun fire and explosions rattle their pictures.

I never got into Dawn of War though. I like some RTS games but ever since they've killed Command & Conquer there hasn't been any I was seriously interested in. Starcraft was almost interesting to me but then they screwed up the zoom on it and it doesn't support multiple monitors.
 
DoW2 is a different beast, not quite RTS. There really isn't any base building, it's basically non stop fighting. You get 4+ squads, something like 25-40 guys to control, and you steamroll the opposition.

The story is a bit better in the DoW2 main campaign, (Thule story is great), but you can only play as the marines. Retribution lets you choose from each of the main factions, Orks, Eldar, Chaos, Marines, Tyranid, Imperial Guard.
 
Ah ok, so a new Space Marine, will be interesting to see his role. Will he be considered an Ultramarine? (unsure if captain delegates you as one)

Apparently he is going to be (though his markings look slightly weird for one.) Captains are the commander of 100 (roughly) marines which make up a company, (10 companies make up a chapter). Theres hardly any information about the game, other than theres hardly any cover...
 
WTF "David Cage," what did Space Marines or the Imperium ever do to you? There aren't enough Space Marine gam-

Hm? Oh this isn't about Warhammer 40k?

...and I'm the only one that thought that huh?
 
WTF "David Cage," what did Space Marines or the Imperium ever do to you? There aren't enough Space Marine gam-

Hm? Oh this isn't about Warhammer 40k?

...and I'm the only one that thought that huh?

Nm, clearly I'm not the only ultra nerd here. :D
 
It's really a logical progression that the gaming medium is doing this. Games cost more and more to develop because of graphics and voice talent etc to keep it on par with big titles. Unfortunately the average gamer is your blue collar worker because of how large the market is now, they are appealed to by shiny new graphics.

We all love graphics, but we also know that addicting gameplay blows graphics away. But the formula for success for gameplay isn't linear like throwing money at a high end graphics team to make your game look shiny to sell more units.

Eventually as indie development gets bigger as games become easier to distribute it will be better, look at indie games being developed for steam. (I think Super meat boy was indie, can't recall) but that has done quite well.. as has minecraft. Both of which are just fun and not all that graphically intense. After a small start up has made a success on a gameplay innovation it's more likely that a big company will back them with funding for a bigger project... The only issue is they will try to hinder innovation to secure profit.

Maybe we need to start a venture capital firm for promising video games that have great gameplay concepts :p
 
Back
Top