Galaxy 2nd Week of Christmas Give-Aways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want a new video card....that's what I want to see in new video cards.

I would like to see a card that offers a balanced combination of speed and proper temperatures/noise levels. The 6870 offers speed, but according to some people is not the quietest card. The GTX 460 offers proper temperatures/noise levels and offers a great deal of speed. The speed is just not quite where I want it to be. If somebody could come out with something that equals a GTX 470 that is quiet and cool they would have a winner.

Lower noise levels would be nice. It would be great to have to check and make sure it's on instead of knowing its on from the next room.

The one thing I would like to see is a video card manufacturer getting away from the Reference cooler design. Make it stand out in the system.

i would like to see a better bundle and performance options, make the best overclocking card you can but dont charge an outragious amount for it. think of an amd black processor or intel x series processor. not much of a price premium but better overclocking in general.

i would also like to go back to the days of softlocking gpus so we could get more for our money if we were a little daring. unlocking cuda cores, etc

oh also offer full lifetime warrenty. the users lifetime.

Less bulls**t with the naming conventions (I'm looking at you Nvidia) and cooling solutions that are quiet, perform well, and exhaust heat out of the case.

Ideas that might be great:

Self contained WC solution like the H50 that is bolt on, available direct from galaxy.

A marketplace to sell old video cards through (possibly sell them to galaxy for credit towards new galaxy card and galaxy could sell them directly to customers looking for lower cost solutions but want to stick with galaxy)

An [H] logo edition.

Group deals for [H] members!

Hot women graphics on cards

I want a video card that can have a very low idle power consumption but crank it up when needed.

I have no idea what I want, but I want it to be the best for about the price of the 2nd best.

I would like full cable set included and easier heatsink changeability.

I would like to see unique color combinations. Like all white or flat black, maybe even clear plastic.

I'd like to see the PSU power plugs in good locations and for the card not to cover too much of the motherboard if possible. I couldn't use SLI on my last motherboard when I used a 'full sized rectangle' card in the 2nd slot. I broke SATA1 right off the board. Ug. Sure board placement themselves is just as guilty but hey this was a brain fart to get in on the contest. :)

I would like to see card makers take advantage of the advances in low power GPUs, thanks to smaller die sizes, to bring back more single-slot coolers. The trend toward ever more elaborate sculptures of twisting fins and fans that could push aircraft carriers is fine on high-end cards, but having a slimline option is nice in lots of situations.

I'd just like to see a new video card in my machine... I'd really like to remove the case and slide a new PC in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back