Galaxy 2nd Week of Christmas Give-Aways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I want to see nearly silent and very cool designs in a nice industrial package. Less stickers of fantasy asian women. More function over form

Yay! My 8800 GT was awesome.... and I agree with other people on here.... more colorful PCB.....

It would be nice to see a change in the way graphics cards are designed. So many cases are designed the standard gpu goods facing down where you can't even see them. Which is why I went through great lengths in modding my half to reverse this error in design.

If all the good looking stuff is going to point down then why bother making it as such and factoring the cost into the price for the graphics artist and designer printers? It makes no sense.
Yea it looks awsome when you pull it from the box, but that's all you will see of it.

Silent solutions would be nice at higher rpms, lifetime warranties, great performance yet low power consumption with a nice sleek look. Possibly the options of color choice with coolers and housings. So many builders try to keep with a color theme yet they get shafted on the gpu side of things for the card they want. It would be nice to have red, blue,etc themed coolers. It would probably be questioned why, but the sales will balance between the colors I'm sure. Considering there are boards of every color out there just about. You have the same options with ram depending on what manufacturer you go with. Also psu are pretty good at color variation also. It would be nice to see the gpu market pick up the pace a little in that respect also.

Most of all though cost. Its nice to see the lower prices on the newer cards these days. $400+ for a gpu that will be out dated in a few months is insane. Its nice to see the newest from nvidia and ati have dropped the price and made decent cards available for those that aren't knee deep in oil or some other investments. AKA the average working person.

improved cooling. i know some cards can run at 90C safely but i like mine much cooler also, it allows for more overclocking. look at how the enthusiasts flocked towards the gigabyte and MSI gtx460's because they had the best cooling and noise. saves us the time of having to replace the cooler. also i am convinced that most card failures caused by long term over heating. just overdo it on cooling

I would like to see more low profile mid ranged GPUs. I know there is the GTS250 which has been around for some time, but the GTS450 and Radeon 5750 were placed in the NA market not too long ago. The 6000 series is coming up and I think having a low profile mid range card come out earlier (maybe 2-3 months afterwards?) would be nice. Seems like the 6850 and 6870 probably will not make it since their TDP is higher when compared to the 5750/5770. I hope there is a nice solution lower than those.

It would be nice if Galaxy could release another low profile card :). I think there was a galaxy low profile 9600gt.

I want to see good cooling systems, less flash and gimmicks, and decent customer service that can ease the pains of RMA's and warranty replacements.

I would love to see cooling innovation that doesn't require high decibel fans to adequately cool the cards when gaming...

Better coolers that are more quiet at a given temperature. I'd be willing to pay a little extra for that.

Definitely want a better cooling solution. Something quieter AND more effective so we don't have to strip off the stock cooling and go with an aftermarket cooler. Free bundled games don't hurt either ;)

I had a great experience with a Galaxy warranty once I got through to the right person who understood what my problem was.

More mid/high range single slot solutions with rear exhuast coolers and short PCB boards.

I like the way the 450 is designed. Pretty small and power efficient yet decent performance vs the cost. It reminds me of the way the 9600gt used to be.

Some good stuff would be:

Lower cost, higher overclockability, more vendors created solid non referance cards.

Obviously I'd like to see more powerful cards that cost less money and use less electricity.

More mid/high range single slot solutions with rear exhuast coolers and short PCB boards.

Damn, that is pretty much exactly what i want too, well that and free 3D glasses kits with the top of the line cards and matched pair SLI kits that account for the airflow restriction the "top" card often sees with maybe a duct or something innovative.

more innovative card design would be sweet. put a crazy HS fan on there, or some crazy awesome neon lights. people love that stuff.

id like to see more non-reference cards that make use of low-profile and/or single-slot coolers, or shorter PCBs than the reference cards. sff ftw! i think galaxy does more of these than possibly any other AIB out there. if so, keep it up, and if not then start doing more of it! :)

Still loving my GT240. Wouldn't mind adding another Galaxy card to the mix.

I would like to alternate power connector locations and/or a different method to latch them in. This would probably require them to stray from the reference design but hey, sometimes you have to take a chance to innovate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back