Galaxy 2nd Week of Christmas Give-Aways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Every week from now to Christmas Galaxy will be giving away one of its video cards that covers almost its entire line of video cards. This week we start with the Galaxy GT220 video card with 1GB of VRAM. This could be the perfect card for a HTPC build!

You can check out the card here.

To enter this week simply post in this thread ONCE and tell us what you want to see in new video cards on the market. Or if you want to puss out, just write something stupid like you you usually do when you post. .

Good luck. We will draw a random winner next week and will notify you by PM. If you do not respond to the PM in 12 hours, we will move to our next winner. I highly suggest you turn on email notification for PMs if you are not going to be online Monday.

This drawing is open to North American residents only.

I would like to see better cooling solutions & warranties that cover removal of the stock hs/fan.
So far, I believe Galaxy does both of these.

Honestly I would like to see cards that concentrate more on thermals and power consumption, being able to deliver last generation horsepower without turning my PC into a thermonuclear space heater. Honestly it seems like the powers that be are so busy pixel pushing that they've lost sight of reasonable power requirements.

Innovative passive cooling solutions for midrange and high-end cards.

I want to see them use coolers that exhaust the hot air out the back of the case instead of dumping it inside the case. I'd also like to see em move the power plugs so that I don't have to have the unsightly wires that power the card showing.

I'd like to see nVidia stop trying to lock out PhysX on ATI+nVidia setups.

I'd also like to see more cards with good and quiet cooling solutions.

I want to see video card manufactures start using standard layouts on all their cards (not stray from reference) , as well as vendors start selling their higher end cards with or without a heatsink, allowing the end users to watercool or add another aftermarket option without having to risk damage taking apart the original heatsink.

I would like to see a closed loop liquid cooling solution. No more fans. If the die size can keep getting smaller why is cooling still done with air?

I want to see what I think most people want to see. A good range of cards for enthusiasts. I don't think a $700 watercooled card is all we want to see here (although fun to read about). I don't need it to be pretty, although a good look is always nice. I don't have a windowed case and I don't buy one because I like fans in that window. I am a function over form kind of guy though.

I want to see video cards with hdmi output that can also utilize a soundcards audio that can encode 5.1 on the fly.

Damn. Already second week.

Pretty happy with video cards in general at the moment.

With this kind of card, the quieter the better I guess. As small as possible as well.

Don't really care on my enthusiast card though and never understood people who expect the latest blowtorch to be whisper quiet.

I would like to see a card that has something along the lines of modular cooling. If you a games here is a larger fan. HTPC here is a smaller fan.

I mainly want to see custom pcbs mainly a bit shorter than reference pcbs but with massive heatsinks for passive cooling .. that may just be me. though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back