FX55 for $149.99

I've spoken with someone at this company. The price is valid. She said that they sometimes get "happies" from AMD, and this is one of those happies. :)

Bellevue is just 45mins north. So tempting to go with that new Asus A8N Deluxe I am getting next week.

Did I need this? NO! Just installed a new 4800 X2 yesterday. Did I want this? YES! And I got one.....with 14.50 shipping to Ohio.
Thanks OP?

I have a X2 3800 so would this FX be an upgrade since they both run @ 2GHz, but the FX has the 1MB cache?

Would I need a new ECC RAM to run this FX?

The FX-55 runs at 2.6GHz I think. As far as games and such, the FX-55 should be faster. I don't think it requires ECC RAM. I think that was an older 940-pin FX processor (51).

Wow! This is a great deal! Should I upgrade from my 3800? Decisions, decisions.

Dang, site must be getting hammered. It keeps giving me errors. Maybe it's a sign I should hold off. ;)

I was going to buy one.. but can't get the site to load.. :( Thanks op for the info!

I think you're better off /w a 3800+..
Single core just can't do it these day..
I still have some FX-57 lying on my desk.. ;)

k00lance said:
I think you're better off /w a 3800+..
Single core just can't do it these day..
I still have some FX-57 lying on my desk.. ;)

Yeah I had second thoughts and cancelled.

i was adding it to my cart when i got the error. anyways I would do a chargeback if it didn't come. hot deal

I would definitely not be going from a X2 3800 to an FX-55.
But that's why I got my Opty 165 oc'd... !

what i don't get is even if these are 'happies', why are they selling them for so cheap. I mean why not 199$ which would still be a good deal.

Man is SOOO TEMPTING!!!! UGHhh why do I even come into Hot Deals.

The lady on the phone mentioned something about them having an arrangement with AMD, and that they are located fairly close as well.

Back