FSFT RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING or COMMENTING

Speaking strictly for myself, occasionally I will bump the thread containing an item that I'm interested in so that I become subbed to the thread and it remains on my radar. That way, it gets added to my list of "Watched Threads" and I can easily keep tabs on it in case there's a price drop or the item that I'm potentially interested in sells. It's more convenient for me than trying to flip back through pages of FS/T trying to find the thread that caught my interest.

IOW...

View attachment 119800
Or you could just click the WATCH THREAD button.

I remove them when I see them....nothing is more annoying than searching for an item only to come across one that was sold 6 months ago

people who use these lists do so only to get you to their thread via the search engine.

I've seen sold lists that were ridiculously long...if the item was not sold in that thread, then it has no business being listed in that thread.

if it was sold in that thread,once the deal is over, ,mark is sold and move on..

this also happens when people use the same sale thread for weeks on end like a favorite pair of pants...25 pages of bumps almost guarantees people can't see what you selling and at this point, probably dont care anymore.

Here's an example . I'm searching for "GTX 1070" and that thread is a hit. If the title didn't hit, then that list of sold items did. He doesn't have 1070s for sale anymore.

I have tried searching for an answer to my question with no luck...

How long should I wait after sending payment before reporting an issue to paypal for not receiving what I payed for? This person has basically dropped off of the forums and has not responded to his email...

Really up to you; your assessment of the seller's character/reputation, your own risk propensity, and maybe a pinch of leniency because "things happen." I think it's completely fair to open a claim after 2 weeks if you still haven't received the product/s and there's been no effort by the seller to communicate with you. If the seller is new or has little heatware, I'd consider keeping him on a shorter leash with no more than 1 week without communication.

Really up to you; your assessment of the seller's character/reputation, your own risk propensity, and maybe a pinch of leniency because "things happen." I think it's completely fair to open a claim after 2 weeks if you still haven't received the product/s and there's been no effort by the seller to communicate with you. If the seller is new or has little heatware, I'd consider keeping him on a shorter leash with no more than 1 week without communication.

Thanks, I was wanting to make sure I wasnt being an ass by opening a dispute with paypal if I didnt receive what I payed for today with it being 10 business days after payment

I think that cleanliness should count towards product sells and user reviews. I can't tell you how product has been coming to me lately, not clean, dust, dirty, etc. That's ridiculous and we should be able to review folks on that. Maybe not a negative transaction so to speak, but we should all expect that when you're selling a hardware item it should be clean. If there are no consequences to that, then people are gonna keep shipping dirty shit.

I think that cleanliness should count towards product sells and user reviews. I can't tell you how product has been coming to me lately, not clean, dust, dirty, etc. That's ridiculous and we should be able to review folks on that. Maybe not a negative transaction so to speak, but we should all expect that when you're selling a hardware item it should be clean. If there are no consequences to that, then people are gonna keep shipping dirty shit.

post it on their heatware...no one here is limiting what you can say on a heatware review.

post it on their heatware...no one here is limiting what you can say on a heatware review.

Shouldn't be limited at all to what you can leave in a review unless Google or reddit bought Heatware and I missed it :censored: :D

Could always ask seller for detailed pics of the item before agreeing to purchase Vader. Dusty is one thing but dirty is another. Have some respect for your buyer and clean up the stuff you're selling before you ship it, people.

I just had an experience very similar to this. Received a wearable that was advertised as “mint/barely used”. the screen was indeed in mint condition but the rest of the drive had dust and grime built all over the crevices and where the bands/wrist wraps would connect to the device.

I understand that the concept of ‘mint’ might vary from person to person but I, as the seller, should not receive an item with the previous owners DNA on it, especially when it’s a wearable item. Is that too much to ask?

I guess a neutral heatwave review is the most appropriate way of making it public so that other prospective buyers are aware

HI i got a message from an admin i broke a rule for bumping, but the link shows my bump was 3 days apart. Is bumping just not allowed in general now or how is 3 days apart excessive?

Sorry, but are Adobe license transfers allowed?

I have a high value Adobe product in my account that I want to transfer - and I want to make sure this is above board here.

Sorry, but are Adobe license transfers allowed?

I have a high value Adobe product in my account that I want to transfer - and I want to make sure this is above board here.
I have no problem with that. It is not our job to enforce TOS of other companies. That is between you and them.

I have no problem with that. It is not our job to enforce TOS of other companies. That is between you and them.
Adobe is fine with people selling software they own, as long as there's paperwork behind it (a license transfer document both the buyer and seller have to sign), I just wanted to make sure it was okay here too. Thank you. :)

Just to clarify, as long as you include the word "bump" when replying to a thread, you can say anything and it's not considered off-topic discussion? That seems the precedent based on most of the threads on the fitst page.

Just to clarify, as long as you include the word "bump" when replying to a thread, you can say anything and it's not considered off-topic discussion? That seems the precedent based on most of the threads on the fitst page.
That would be incorrect. FSFT is NOT a discussion forum. If bumping is abused you will be warned and the thread will possibly be closed.

Is posting items in 'transit' to you a violation of the rules? Just curious if that meets the definition of legal possession stipulated in the rules since you paid for it and have all expectation of having it in possession at a set time. Just trying to make sure I stay in the right lanes :) Thanks.

Is posting items in 'transit' to you a violation of the rules? Just curious if that meets the definition of legal possession stipulated in the rules since you paid for it and have all expectation of having it in possession at a set time. Just trying to make sure I stay in the right lanes :) Thanks.
Must have possession.

... am I crazy or, should someone with <100 messages be able to PM a FS/FT poster? I thought the answer was no, right?

so i feel dumb so I have to ask.

If I had a FS: Item thread and it sells. I lock the thread. If I then have something else to sell do I make a new thread or do I reopen the locked one and edit everything for a new item? Assuming I don't have multiple things to sell the first time.

so i feel dumb so I have to ask.

If I had a FS: Item thread and it sells. I lock the thread. If I then have something else to sell do I make a new thread or do I reopen the locked one and edit everything for a new item? Assuming I don't have multiple things to sell the first time.
My suggestion is to make a new thread. But you could do either.

I had a FS of a new item, for my cost + shipping, thread deleted for Scalping?

I did read the rules ahead of time (first post of this thread). What am I missing..

I had a FS of a new item, for my cost + shipping, thread deleted for Scalping?

I did read the rules ahead of time (first post of this thread). What am I missing..
Did you post your receipts showing your costs? I didn't see your post, but that's the only thing that immediately comes to mind:

it has to be at the price you paid for it, and requires posting proof (your receipt) along with the FSFT post.

FSFT is NOT a discussion forum.

Your message (FS: MSI GeForce GTX 1050ti 4GB Low profile with Normal and LP bracket $OLD FML) breaks FSFT rules:
I want next on that if it doesn't fit.

Read FSFT Rules! You have broken one of the FSFT rules that are spelled out and very specific. If you have gotten this warning, it means you broke one. Before you get upset and defiant, PLEASE READ THE RULES. If you have an issue after reading those, please feel free to reach out. - https://hardforum.com/threads/fsft-rules-read-before-posting-or-commenting.1891705/

Thanks!

Is it allowed in the Ebay Sales forum to post a link for something for sale that is my brothers account? He's selling it, his account. Just wondering if that is permitted as when I search the rules it doesn't say.

Is it allowed in the Ebay Sales forum to post a link for something for sale that is my brothers account? He's selling it, his account. Just wondering if that is permitted as when I search the rules it doesn't say.

I think it's fine as long as it's relevant to the forum and you aren't spamming. erek posts vintage hardware auctions there all the time that aren't his.

What is a “Contributing Member”? I have been a member for 15 years and have the 100 post requirement to use the FSFT forum. The “FSFT” is a sub forum of HardForum is it not; so any activity in such forum would constitute as a “contribution”. Am I no longer a member?! Please explain why my posting was torched.

Back