FSFT RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING or COMMENTING

rule 25: [H] isnt a personal store front. you havent posted outside of fst since 2016.
I don’t run a business; all parts I’ve ever sold or traded or purchased have been my own personal equipment. I have never purchased gear specifically to try and up-sell on FSFT. Amazing that you don’t consider the FSFT a “contribution” among all the members who benefit from it.

I don’t run a business; all parts I’ve ever sold or traded or purchased have been my own personal equipment. I have never purchased gear specifically to try and up-sell on FSFT. Amazing that you don’t consider the FSFT a “contribution” among all the members who benefit from it.
Fsft is a benefit for contributing to the forums. This is primarily a tech and general mayhem forum, not an fsft storefront to offload all your stuff.

Just selling your wares doesn't make you a member of the community, it makes you a 3rd party Amazon seller. Taking advantage of a community you are not fostering or participating in, and far more likely to cut tail and run if there is a problem. My ignore list is several pages long and it's just "members" that don't exist beyond FSFT or Hotdeals.

I think the bump time needs to be changed. People are bumping theirs to the top when it’s only 6-7 items down. That forum is a lot slower than it used to be so there’s no need unless it’s off the front page. Just my .02 though.
I've noticed that also. I don't know that the rule needs to be changed yet, if people would just exercise a little bit of common sense. If your thread is the 5th one down on the first page, no need to bump it to the very top - folks are still going to see it, I assure you.

Don't crowd the room. ;)

I think the bump time needs to be changed. People are bumping theirs to the top when it’s only 6-7 items down. That forum is a lot slower than it used to be so there’s no need unless it’s off the front page. Just my .02 though.
Agree. If I don't get any bites day 1 I kind of assume it's not a hot item so I try to bump every few days or just let it roll off. Sometimes I get people pinging me about stuff I listed days/weeks ago. So if they want it - they want it.

The report post button is your friend.
But if they bump at 6:01 then it’s not reportable. But like I said that only bumps it from post 6-7 to the top. Hence why I brought up extending the time. Right now it would take 72 hours for a post to fall off the first page. Seems like enough time to then bump 🤣

But if they bump at 6:01 then it’s not reportable. But like I said that only bumps it from post 6-7 to the top. Hence why I brought up extending the time. Right now it would take 72 hours for a post to fall off the first page. Seems like enough time to then bump 🤣
OK.

Still useful to bump because...
It does keep it at the top of the "new posts" view, though.

Just a question, I see that there is no interest/price checks allowed. Is there any option in the HardOCP forum to do that? Like a daily question post?

if you dont have a sub, upgrade here:

1702926042296.png

Wasn't it an original rule that a picture of the item with the username and current date in the picture as well? To make sure that the seller actually had the item in hand. I could have sworn it was.

Back