Fresh news off the rumor-block: HD7xxx in mid-Jan 2012, 2048sp for 7970XT, more.....!

If 2 mini - DP + HDMI + DL DVI is the standard port config, then *yawn*. HDMI is a waste of space on a high end card. I'd only ever use it for a media center PC, and I'd only ever use a low to mid end card for that.

I really want to see eyefinity 6 come back, preferably with one of the ports switchable between mini-DP and onboard DL-DVI. Though I'd settle for 3-4 mini-DP and 1-2 DL DVI.

7970 is being released in advance because AIBs have been given carte blanche on 7950 configurations from the get go. What does that mean? That means AIBs like Sapphire will be able to bring to market an unlockable 7950 much sooner than the previous generation. AMD knows this will cannibalize sales of the 7970 to a certain extent so they give themselves a (small) window of exclusivity to gobble up all the early adopter enthusiast sales.

OBR's slides are a bad fake, ATI Radeon HD6970? it should be AMD Radeon HD 6970. He also doesn't even know how to spell EMBARGO. Hopefully this will be the end of his site.

not sure what you mean, I have plenty of Embagos ! :p

OBR has all the benchmarks, just read it.

And don't let the anger cloud your judgment :)

I like how OBR is such a dickhead. He has to be the least self-aware person on the internet. There are constant references to random people that no one has probably ever heard of.

Every post of his is basically "Wasily! I call you out! See this benchmarks? I am the one holding the pan with all the benchmarks before you. I predict AMD is fail again on 22/12/11 and see it is true. Wasily doesn't even know and Chekhov doesn't either. Here are pictures I made in my house with show the true meaning of performance and you can see it is not the greatest. One day Wasily you may be as good as me but actually never because you are worst. Bye!"

I don't like OBR but wasn't he correct about bulldozer? Everyone was calling him out when he said BD was a piece of shit and then it turned out he was right?

Just sayin...

I don't like OBR but wasn't he correct about bulldozer? Everyone was calling him out when he said BD was a piece of shit and then it turned out he was right?

Just sayin...

he said it was a POS, he also made fake benches/ slides and distributed them saying later it was fake, wasn't that donainhaber?

He was right and wrong before. The "Embago" slides don't help his credibility in the HD7xxx launch.

I like how OBR is such a dickhead. He has to be the least self-aware person on the internet. There are constant references to random people that no one has probably ever heard of.

Every post of his is basically "Wasily! I call you out! See this benchmarks? I am the one holding the pan with all the benchmarks before you. I predict AMD is fail again on 22/12/11 and see it is true. Wasily doesn't even know and Chekhov doesn't either. Here are pictures I made in my house with show the true meaning of performance and you can see it is not the greatest. One day Wasily you may be as good as me but actually never because you are worst. Bye!"

We have a late entrant for the post of the year award, folks!

As for any and all benchmarks, rule of thumb: don’t believe anything from anyone until the products ship and reviews are posted. It’s all BS until then.

284 GB/s memory bandwidth?
lol.

Where do you see 284 GB/s memory bandwidth?
If you mean 264 GB/s memory bandwidth, that's what you get when you take the 6970 memory of 5.5GHz 256 bit memory at 176 GB/s and move up to 384 bit memory.

This thread has been going very slowly for a while now, but for those of you who wants the latest news i can recommend this thread over at B3D. I won't repost anything as it's not mine info, but you will find more slides and pictures of "Cape Verde". Also news about the new Eyefinity.

Very technical but good read.

If 2 mini - DP + HDMI + DL DVI is the standard port config, then *yawn*. HDMI is a waste of space on a high end card. I'd only ever use it for a media center PC, and I'd only ever use a low to mid end card for that.

I really want to see eyefinity 6 come back, preferably with one of the ports switchable between mini-DP and onboard DL-DVI. Though I'd settle for 3-4 mini-DP and 1-2 DL DVI.

Agreed, but ONLY if they include a fucking DVI-HDMI adapter... I use HDMI all the time from my gaming PC @ my friend's houses...

It's a little bit worrying that they make such a point of hyping tessellation performance. Afraid it could be classic misdirection - "look, really good tessellation" to cover up for less than stellar actual performance. Kind of like "look, 8 GHz overclock for Bulldozer". Hope not.

It's a little bit worrying that they make such a point of hyping tessellation performance. Afraid it could be classic misdirection - "look, really good tessellation" to cover up for less than stellar actual performance. Kind of like "look, 8 GHz overclock for Bulldozer". Hope not.

Agreed.Not the first time we have seen that kind of stunt...

Really think AMD can hit Nvidia hard if they get the drivers RIGHT at LAUNCH.

Holding the pan lol. Your channeling of his nuanced grammatical errors is dead on. Bravo.

Last edited:
Lol'd hard at this post. You must have been a Broken English major, because that is perfect!

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet but Kyle ended a recent article, dated Dec. 19th, with a bit of foreshadowing. Talking about considerations for his new personal build he said,
Sandy Bridge E just looks to be too hot and I expect to be getting rid of the power hungry GTX 580 SLI very soon as well.
What will replace it, pray tell?

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet but Kyle ended a recent article, dated Dec. 19th, with a bit of foreshadowing. Talking about considerations for his new personal build he said,What will replace it, pray tell?

Well that's not really a surprise, the 7970 should be a good bit faster, and I would imagine that 2 7970's should draw less power than 2 580s, unless one 7970 and rival 2 580s but I would think that wouldn't be likely across the board but we shall see.

GTX 580 performance at <225W sounds very appealing

Is that power consumption confirmed? Because this is an entirely new architecture built as a GPGPU.

This is AMD's Fermi, I don't think you are going to see the kind of power consumption progression that we have seen previously. This card is built for more than gaming.

Back