Forza Horizon 4

Ill let you guys know come the 13th since i got the ultimate edition. I dont have high expectations for this at all personally. At best i suspect it will be about as good as Fortune Island which was very meh and held attention for maybe 2-3 weeks before i just stopped playing the game.

SO fucking dumb.

i mean they have hot wheel cars in the game so it's not really that dumb.. i'm fine with it though, the game was never meant to be taken seriously and further separates it from "simulator'ish" forza motorsports and "arcade" forza horizon.

would i buy it because this is being added? no, but i'm sure i'll ended up messing around with it slightly longer than fortune island which i finished in under 10 hours of game play which of only about 45 minutes was actually fun, rest was just me grinding it to get it over with.

Man, tons of people pissed about this one.

I'll give it a go since I also did buy the Ultimate Edition. My big issue is that they used the low-brick-count models of the cars rather than the far more detailed Technic ones. Just kinda seems lazy.

Hot wheels made sense and was a blast. The moment it was released i was all in and i played the hot wheels part of it just as much as i did the regular game. However the lego thing doesnt make as much sense. I guess well see.

Given the other recent Microsoft news: Any idea if this game is going to end up on Steam as well?

I feel like they missed the LEGO train in video games by at least a few years.

My big issue is that they used the low-brick-count models of the cars rather than the far more detailed Technic ones. Just kinda seems lazy.
Good point. Such low-part models seems like a missed opportunity.

Im still playing the standard edition that comes with gamepass.

Keep in mind stuff like this the Licensor has all of the control. Could have been Legos call though i think it was likely mutual since modelling the few technic cars would have been a bitch.

It looks like they used the Speed Champion series which gave them 35 sets to choose from. Those sets are a lot more accessible pricing wise than the Technic sets. Got to get people hooked small before you have them dropping $350 on a Technic Chiron.

It looks like they used the Speed Champion series which gave them 35 sets to choose from. Those sets are a lot more accessible pricing wise than the Technic sets. Got to get people hooked small before you have them dropping $350 on a Technic Chiron.

The sad thing is that most of these cars are already in the game with their real-life equivalents, so it doesn't really seem like they had to do much work other than modelling.

People are hoping we get some real cars as well with the expansion but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I love the new area. It's way more exciting than Fortune Island or whatever with that high speed oval and a lot of hoonigan areas to enjoy. The map itself is also a great touch and looks like that city carpet I used to play on with my micro machines, haha.

It's good natured fun. I dig it

I didn't get a chance to try the LEGO expansion last night, the game decided it needed to download another 6.8 GB for no fucking reason, after having already pre-loaded the 5.9 GB of the expansion days before.

I did, though, try rolling back my system time and it went quite well, actually. Did a few things in a previous season, seemed to work fine. Rolled back to current and everything seemed alright. Only thing was some of the daily tasks were showing as needing to be completed again, the one from this week and two from last season (though I still had 100% completion on Summer so it appears it didn't affect that) so I did them again and it gave me the Forzathon points again, so I guess that's a nice bonus.

The only issue is that if you didn't do the dailies, weekly, or any of the Trials or Playground games that require other people, you're SOL on those since you have to play in offline. So even going back you may not be able to get 80% completion on some of the seasons/series overall. Still, nice to know that is a somewhat viable option for some of the earlier series.

One thing I thought interesting was that in offline mode the game populates the open world with random Drivatars in addition to the normal traffic.

EDIT: Also I ordered a couple of the LEGO Speed Champions sets because I'm a consumer whore.

You pre-downloaded all of the lego content.

The 6.8GB update was the weekly update to FH4 as a whole which also included the access to the lego world in addition to patches for everything that already existed.

IEDIT: Also I ordered a couple of the LEGO Speed Champions sets because I'm a consumer whore.

It worked, the sets are cheap enough that you're like I'll just grab a few that I really like. Next month you'll be buying the Technic Chiron and the 911 GT3 RS.

It worked, the sets are cheap enough that you're like I'll just grab a few that I really like. Next month you'll be buying the Technic Chiron and the 911 GT3 RS.

I'd love the Chiron, or that Mustang actually. Both way more than I'm willing to spend though, unfortunately.

Played some of the LEGO expansion, it's a pretty fun map. Doesn't really seem like much content overall but they really nailed the look of plastic. Smashing through LEGO is really satisfying, too.

Also, a few notes about rolling back time / offline mode:

-Not possible to get 50%+ on both a season and series level if you haven't previously done the Trials, Games, and/or Rivals and Adventure
-When you come back to "current" time, it will reset your weekly progress, though it will show that you completed it and still count towards percentage, but you can do it again for more Forzathon points AFAICT
-Coming back to current time resets progress on the previous 3 days worth of daily challenges - same with above, they will still be counted toward overall completion, but you can do them again for additional points

I really wanted to go back and get the Boneshaker and 599XX Evo, but it's not possible at this point unless you had previously completed more of the online-only stuff. Bummer.

After 4 tries at the seasonal team games, fuck it. How is it that in 2019, on launch, the game balances 6v4 players. Thats instant loss. Every time I try, its 6v4. And its a solid 30-40min wasted time.
How many cocks are they sucking at microsoft to fuck it up that bad.

After 4 tries at the seasonal team games, fuck it. How is it that in 2019, on launch, the game balances 6v4 players. Thats instant loss. Every time I try, its 6v4. And its a solid 30-40min wasted time.
How many cocks are they sucking at microsoft to fuck it up that bad.

Yeah, the Playground Games are garbage. You basically just have to luck out and have 1-2+ players on the other team leave, then it's basically an instant win.

So that just results in having to matchmake and retry over and over, wasting a bunch of time.

I would say, if you lose the first event and even ONE person bails, just bail. It's not worth attempting to win.

The Trials are similar, except there it's just incompetence of your own team and cheating AI screwing you rather than having to play against others. At least in Trials, if the bad people bail after the first event, it makes it easier to win the second races if other people are halfways decent.

Definitely my two least favorite parts of the game by a country mile.

Alright. So the Lego expansion is way better then Unfortunate Island. This is no suprise. Their first expansion is always piss poor and just something to get them by to the second. Lego is pretty fun. The map is about the same size as Unfortunate Island but the content makes up for it. The racetrack is fun and is a great place to hand out if you like drag, circuit or drifting as it was well thought out to cater to all of them. The off road/rally sections are for the most part really good and thought out as well. Im addicted to the challenges. Its very grindy but it doesnt give me that feeling. It gives me something to do which in all honesty if it didnt i would be back on FM7 already. So if your not sure about it and have it i would honestly just give it a real shot as it is pretty fun IMO. The only thing that irks me about this is that i wish the map was bigger and the fact that the barnfind isnt in the game yet. There is speculation that the barnfind is a lego model that isnt released yet. Its suspected that the barn find will show up in august.

Yeah, it's definitely not bad. I do wish we got more than 3 cars which are basically just remakes of existing cars, though.

Yeah, it's definitely not bad. I do wish we got more than 3 cars which are basically just remakes of existing cars, though.
i think to put in a car thats not in the game it would require double licensing and could be why.

i think to put in a car thats not in the game it would require double licensing and could be why.

pretty much since the license lego has is only for the lego product, forza would have to get a license for the car from the manufacture plus would have to be included it in the license with lego. maybe some will be added later, could of been they went super conservative thinking the expansion wasn't going to be received that well.

Well I can say that only adding a few cars did not help the expansion go over any better...lol.

I do enjoy the LEGO area, though. I don't really use the LEGO cars that much, though I guess the Senna has some insane grip.

is there a way to get all the game content? a seasons pass or something?
edit: NVM, I think thats the ultimate edition addon at $54

Last edited:
is there a way to get all the game content? a seasons pass or something?
edit: NVM, I think thats the ultimate edition addon at $54
If you already have the game then you want the car pass and expansion pass.

The Forza Horizon series has proven to be one of my favorite game series.

I shelled out for the Ultimate edition of Horizon 4 and so far it has felt fairly worthwhile, though I agree, Fortune island wasn't the best. I have enjoyed what I have played of the Leo island stuff so far. Kind of cool idea to collect Lego bricks by completing events / challenges.

The Forza Horizon series has proven to be one of my favorite game series.

I shelled out for the Ultimate edition of Horizon 4 and so far it has felt fairly worthwhile, though I agree, Fortune island wasn't the best. I have enjoyed what I have played of the Leo island stuff so far. Kind of cool idea to collect Lego bricks by completing events / challenges.
I have been playing for 2.5 months on a $1/month gamepass promo. Yesterday I purchased the ultimate addon and 2 years of gamepass. I had no interest in this gamer before, but its great.....even if it is very arcade orientated and the audio is hot garbage....Honestly, the ingame music is downright bad....and very limited. And it feels like there are only a dozen different engine sounds.

There are honestly a lot of problems with the game. Overall, it's one of the buggiest games I've played in a long time, and the whole timed events and Forzathon points system is really stupid, as well as the terrible auction house mechanics.

But, I keep playing it so I guess that's an endorsement of the actual gameplay.

There are honestly a lot of problems with the game. Overall, it's one of the buggiest games I've played in a long time, and the whole timed events and Forzathon points system is really stupid, as well as the terrible auction house mechanics.

But, I keep playing it so I guess that's an endorsement of the actual gameplay.
They really needed to optimize the menu system for PCs. I use a controller, but when I visit the auction house, I should have to spend 90 seconds scrolling to the make I want, I should be able to type in the first 2-3 letters and autofill.
And yah, I hate the timed events. Honestly, of the weeks I have been playing, only last week did I notice the seasonal stuff. I can bang them out in an evening or two, but jeeze, I missed my chance at the Rimac C_Two. I used it in the trial and loved it, but its basically impossible to get.
And I shit you not, for the 50 or so hours I have been playing, I check the auction house every hour for the 2011 Ford Raptor. no luck....same with the Ferrari 599 xxx e. I want that car just for seasonal events.

They really needed to optimize the menu system for PCs. I use a controller, but when I visit the auction house, I should have to spend 90 seconds scrolling to the make I want, I should be able to type in the first 2-3 letters and autofill.
And yah, I hate the timed events. Honestly, of the weeks I have been playing, only last week did I notice the seasonal stuff. I can bang them out in an evening or two, but jeeze, I missed my chance at the Rimac C_Two. I used it in the trial and loved it, but its basically impossible to get.
And I shit you not, for the 50 or so hours I have been playing, I check the auction house every hour for the 2011 Ford Raptor. no luck....same with the Ferrari 599 xxx e. I want that car just for seasonal events.

The Rimac doesn't come until next week. You just need to get 50% completion in the season which is pretty easy if you do all the main events, or if you do the ranked adventure you get 18% completion for the overall series.

The 599XX E is going to be impossible to find, hopefully they bring it back in the Forzathon shop or another seasonal completion bonus. I think I got the Raptor from a Wheelspin, not sure. There was a Raptor for a race prize not too long ago but I don't remember if it was the '11 or the '17.

The Rimac doesn't come until next week. You just need to get 50% completion in the season which is pretty easy if you do all the main events, or if you do the ranked adventure you get 18% completion for the overall series.

The 599XX E is going to be impossible to find, hopefully they bring it back in the Forzathon shop or another seasonal completion bonus. I think I got the Raptor from a Wheelspin, not sure. There was a Raptor for a race prize not too long ago but I don't remember if it was the '11 or the '17.
The 17 raptor is a prize I think. The 11 is wheelspin only.

I cant seem to get into ranked. There must be some requirements I havent looked into yet.

The 17 raptor is a prize I think. The 11 is wheelspin only.

I cant seem to get into ranked. There must be some requirements I havent looked into yet.

You have to do unranked adventures enough in one type (Team, Free for All, etc.) until you can then qualify for ranked. Then you have to do 10 ranked adventures in that type to qualify for the series.

It's a hassle at first, but once you do all that once, then every month you only have to do one ranked adventure to qualify again. It's a pain but worth doing if you want to keep up with the series rewards.

I wish summer was 2x what winter is. Winter is neat, once. After that its a mess of changing tires. Honestly, it fucks up all my tunes because most of the time I use DonJoewonsong tunes. I wish you could change the tires without loosing the entire tune.

Was doing the fastest rentals missions....the final one in the Mclaren in the winter is nearly impossible. half the route is snow covered, and you have summer tires, meaning you can even hit final gear and most of the track you cant get anywhere near 3 star speed.

Back