Forza Horizon 3

I played what was, in hindsight, probably a really crappy hot wheels PC game when I was a kid. Just those screenshots were a shot of nostalgia.

On the note of the base game, the W10 version, is a steady 60fps just impossible at 4k? With a 1080 I get 50-56fps regardless of what I set the quality to... low and medium and high all perform the same. If I drop the resolution everything runs perfect.

I played what was, in hindsight, probably a really crappy hot wheels PC game when I was a kid. Just those screenshots were a shot of nostalgia.

On the note of the base game, the W10 version, is a steady 60fps just impossible at 4k? With a 1080 I get 50-56fps regardless of what I set the quality to... low and medium and high all perform the same. If I drop the resolution everything runs perfect.

Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver... I played the shit out of it when I was a kid. Hard to believe it's coming up on 20 years ago.

I think this will be fun as long as the Hot Wheels cars can be set to only show in the Hot Wheels maps. I would not enjoy seeing them on the main map in a serious race.

The porsche pack is super weak. The only one i want from the pack is the 911 GT2 because you can put the RWB kit on it. The good ones are not part of it(or at least the porsche cars i like) The 918 was a 1 day only forzathon car on April 18th. The 959 was a normal forzathon car from April 21st - April 24th and the 911 964 Turbo 3.3 is in the forzathon from April 28th - May 1st.

<3

Attachments

• Forza.jpg
    Forza.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 45
The porsche pack is super weak. The only one i want from the pack is the 911 GT2 because you can put the RWB kit on it. The good ones are not part of it(or at least the porsche cars i like) The 918 was a 1 day only forzathon car on April 18th. The 959 was a normal forzathon car from April 21st - April 24th and the 911 964 Turbo 3.3 is in the forzathon from April 28th - May 1st.
Well shoot. Hope the 918 comes back around again. Not going to attempt auction house.

So they brought back unicorn cars, essentially. Great. If there was one feature I missed from the older games it was certainly that...

How the hell do you actually buy the Hot Wheels expansion? I don't see it in the Windows Store anywhere.

How the hell do you actually buy the Hot Wheels expansion? I don't see it in the Windows Store anywhere.
i don't see the expansion on sale separately, only bundled. if you go to the fh3 store page see if theres an add-on button. if not maybe the stand alone add-on isn't available yet.

I see it there now, I guess I wrongly assumed it'd be available right away this morning.

Looks fun, I'll try it out tonight.

Forgot this came out today. Downloading it now along with the latest update on PC. Hopefully that update brings some much needed performance improvements. Will check it out this evening.

Well, after getting everything up to date, the game just crashes to my dekstop every time I try to load my save. It's un-fucking-believable how abysmal Microsoft is as releasing games on their own operating system.

To Xbox it is...

Mine loaded up fine thankfully, and the hot wheels bit is fun, but I don't see any 'new' graphical options or better optimization. Still no HDR option and my FPS still frequently drops below 60 regardless of how low I put the settings.

It's been a blast and performance wise it looks like the optimizations are working well, maxed at 4k except 4X AA, 8X AA will cause dips in places below 60, nothing bad just it's there and noticeable, a constant framerate is what this game needs, like any racing game really. It's freaking beautiful and smooth, this is easily IMHO one of the best looking games ever for the PC.

^Not sure what I am doing wrong then. Only have a 1080, not a Ti like you, but even running at 1080p and Medium I get frequent drops below 60. Bumping it to 4k and Ultra or even High would be a nightmare.

Played at 5K with DSR, no AA, everything else on Ultra. Dips into 40s at times. 4K with 2xAA is pretty solid with some dips in the 50s.

On a GTX 1080 at 1.9xxGHz after some time.

^Not sure what I am doing wrong then. Only have a 1080, not a Ti like you, but even running at 1080p and Medium I get frequent drops below 60. Bumping it to 4k and Ultra or even High would be a nightmare.

It should be running a lot better though:

As big a performance fix as I can recall for a game. I know it should have been done sooner but it's still nice to see developers working on stuff this long into a product. I think developers are finally getting used to DX 12 now, there's been a lot of recent performance gains in drivers, core optimization which is something DX 12 was supposed to deliver and mGPU.

Well, after getting everything up to date, the game just crashes to my dekstop every time I try to load my save. It's un-fucking-believable how abysmal Microsoft is as releasing games on their own operating system.

To Xbox it is...

Same here, I was working fine and since the update it was crashing to the desktop once it tried to load.

I ended up checking out the Forza Forums and followed some advice from this Reddit thread:
My last save was on Blizzard Mountain so I don't know if that means anything, but anyway I uninstalled the HotWheels expansion and was able to load into my game without any issues after that. Once my game loaded I went back to the Australia map, drove to the HotWheels spot on the map and installed the new expansion from in game. So far its working but the one of the guys in the thread are saying that they are having issues when loading back to Blizzard Mountain. I haven't checked it out myself since I am going to sleep now and really don't feel like doing any more troubleshooting. :confused:

My last save was in Byron Bay, I had no problems with loading the game after the Hot Wheels expansion was installed. I have not yet tried to go back to Blizzard Mountain but I could access Hot Wheels no problem.

Performance with this patch seems fantastic. Very smooth, none of the little hiccups or stutters anywhere, and I am getting great frames with all settings maxed. I know DX12 is still kind of new and clearly it took them time to get this fixed, but all I can think is how much better received this game would have been if the performance was this good on launch day.

Now I'm just annoyed. Performance isn't any better at all for me. :( FPS is usually 100-110 but there are still frequent drops below 60 for no damn reason at all.

For someone where it's working a lot better, would you mind posting your settings? The general page with the engine settings, moreso than the graphical settings. Maybe I should be using that Dynamic Optimization option or turning off Framerate Smoothing or something like that.

Here are my settings on the sig rig, constant and locked on everything I've tried, including a Surfer's Paradise race as many say that's the most demanding section. I'm just impressed by how well this looks and runs now and with only a single card.

upload_2017-5-10_17-31-51.png

upload_2017-5-10_17-32-13.png

upload_2017-5-10_17-32-32.png

Thanks, only difference from mine is the pre-rendered frames setting. I have mine at 1 and I'll try 3 tonight. The description for it specifically says to do 1 when VSync is enabled, but maybe that's wrong.

Thanks, I just bothered to read that about pre-rendered frames and vsync. So I changed it to 1 with all the other settings as is and still runs great but it's not locked at 60 FPS, it dipped to 59 or 58 in my brief several times where I never noticed it before at all after an hour plus of racing.

No difference for me, between the 1 and 3 setting. Maybe it just doesn't like my combination of hardware (6600k, 16GB DDR4, 1080). I can put literally every setting to the lowest value and resolution at 1920x1080 and still get frequent dips below 60.

Yup.

Messed around some more and vsync just isn't working properly. If I turn that off I get around 90fps at 4k medium and it never goes below 70. As soon as I turn on vsync it goes below 60 at least five times a minute.

Makes a whole lotta sense. I'll just leave vsync off, the tearing is easier to deal with than the stuttering.

I'm really liking the Hot Wheel tracks so far. Its very different but a lot of fun. The tracks are a bit more slick then I expected, especially the blue sections

I wish they had managed to sneak in a track with decent banking (and real pavement) in somewhere in the game but this is still a nice change of pace.

I'm running with a Ryzen 1700x, 32GB DDR4 @2133 MHz (until they fix XMP, etc) and a Radeon RX480 8GB. I run 1080P res and with everything on ultra/unlocked (MSAA 4X) I stay in the 70-80 FPS range.

Granted during races I may not have my eye glued on the FPS counter but if it ever dips significantly its not enough to affect gameplay

No difference for me, between the 1 and 3 setting. Maybe it just doesn't like my combination of hardware (6600k, 16GB DDR4, 1080). I can put literally every setting to the lowest value and resolution at 1920x1080 and still get frequent dips below 60.
I know you resolved your issue, but also make sure that the NVCP setting for pre-rendered frames isn't overriding the application setting.
I don't have that option, just 30 or variable.

Forcing it from the nvidia control panel works though, think I finally have it stable and consistent at 4k ultra with vsync.
Have you tried Fast Sync?

I have not. Is that where it only applies vsync when above 60, and disables it when below?

I do still get a couple drops at 4k ultra, with the NVCP vsync, but nowhere near as often as when I had the in-game vsync enabled.

I have not. Is that where it only applies vsync when above 60, and disables it when below?

I do still get a couple drops at 4k ultra, with the NVCP vsync, but nowhere near as often as when I had the in-game vsync enabled.
No, you're thinking of adaptive V-Sync. Fast Sync just displays frames as fast as the refresh rate on your display, but still allows the video card to render as fast as it can. The result is no tearing without the added input lag of V-Sync.

Im jumping on now and will be on for a while tonight. My GT is CompressorSurge. Add me and we can have some fun.

Tried getting back into this game using my Fanatec CSR, but the FFB is horrendous. Shame...

Yeah, don't play this game with a wheel.

Is it an issue with their support of Fanatec wheels?

It works pretty durn good on my Logitech G920. Took a while to dial it in but it was worth the time.

Granted I have some shortcomings with the wheel (cant drift with it to save my life) but I can win most all races and its a lot of fun

Back