Forza Horizon 3

Looks like they "fixed" performance issues by giving a general downgrade in visual fidelity across the board.
did they remember to reset their graphics settings? apex would set everything to dynamic after ever update requiring me to go set everything correctly again.

my system just installed the new w10 insider preview last night and today I had to reset all my settings in apex. they even reset when I update my gpu drivers.

Finished the final showcase. Got the end credits. Then unlocked eleventy billion more events lol.

Put in a couple of hours last night and upgraded my Outback site to level 3 to unlock additional events that I will probably never get to. Also downloaded all cars in my DLC pack. Seriously, everything that is S1 900 drives the same. The Regera is a bitch of a car to handle especially with so much traffic. Won a street race and midnight race with it though.

All said, game is fantastic and keeps on giving. Still a very long way from completion. Rage3d club is dead though with people who haven't logged in for a week.

I think I may also move on once my last site is leveled up to 5. And may come back to play with some DLC cars as they are released every month.

Getting that fatigue of driving in the same areas again and again.

Buddy of mine is upgrading his rig. He ordered a GTX1060 Gaming X. Hes having me put it together for him and set it up. Totally going to switch my 760 out for the 1060 and see how much better I can get the game to look.

Forza Horizon 3 PC demo now available

available through the Windows 10 Store only...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-horizon-3-demo/9nblggh52th6

I'll definitely be downloading this...I hear good things about the game in general and I haven't played a decent racing game in years
I would have liked to have a demo first, but haven't been upset with my purchase at all. I have had no noticeable issues playing the game in 4k with a GTX 1080 which was my concern. Totally pleased with the purchase.

Curious why there are no [H] reviews on it yet...

Guess I'll be grabbing the demo tonight and trying it. Interested to see how well it plays on my system and if there are any issues.

the demo plays pretty good for me. I'm getting ~45-60FPS with vsync on, med/high mix of settings at 1080p. if I disable vsync and let FPS run unlimited I get the same avg FPS bad stuttering around 60FPS. if I bump settings to high I only get ~30-45FPS but it still plays pretty smoothly. I'm still playing with settings trying to find the sweet spot for speed vs quality. the biggest draw back about the demo is that there is NO SAVING! you restart from the very beginning every time. so I'm slowly dialing it in within the first couple segments before playing through. plays good and looks really good too, even at med/high.

bMUmGAd.jpg

I took a break after they overly nerfed the skill chains. I just started trying to play again and with the most recent update brought along the issue of the game crashing 2 or 3 times before you actually get to play is really making this frustrating.

I would have liked to have a demo first, but haven't been upset with my purchase at all. I have had no noticeable issues playing the game in 4k with a GTX 1080 which was my concern. Totally pleased with the purchase.

Curious why there are no [H] reviews on it yet...

Ask them to add it to the video card testing suite in the video card section. :)

the demo plays pretty good for me. I'm getting ~45-60FPS with vsync on, med/high mix of settings at 1080p. if I disable vsync and let FPS run unlimited I get the same avg FPS bad stuttering around 60FPS. if I bump settings to high I only get ~30-45FPS but it still plays pretty smoothly. I'm still playing with settings trying to find the sweet spot for speed vs quality. the biggest draw back about the demo is that there is NO SAVING! you restart from the very beginning every time. so I'm slowly dialing it in within the first couple segments before playing through. plays good and looks really good too, even at med/high.

It automatically configured my system to 4K Ultra at 30 FPS and it looks and runs great. However, I agree with what you are saying about the no save for the demo. I had completed the first few events and then suddenly it locked up so I had to restart! I then had to sit through all the same races and cut scenes all over again! It reminds me a lot of Test Drive Unlimited and I really think this is what NFS should have been if EA hadn't screwed it all up!

So I downloaded the Forza Horizon 3 Demo. It loads alright but as soon as I try to hit enter to load the game it crashes to desktop with zilch zero zip error :(

Been through the forums. Seems like a lot of people are having this issue.

Can anyone offer any advice? Running a 980 Ti with the latest drivers. Don't really feel like screwing with anything too much and muck up other games.

make sure any and all game overlays are disabled. check eventvwr.

I'll have to take a look look later. Time for bed with the miss. Running through so much darn stuff when other games work just fine is crap. I do have a few overlays I'll need to shut off. I've always wondered why some games have huge problems with them and others couldn't care less. Though I don't know much about how the overlays operate in line with the game / engine / etc

Thanks for the tip pen

If you have a 165 Hz monitor, might be worth trying at 144 Hz. I had the problem of Forza 6 CTD without notice when I turned my monitor to 165 Hz.
Didn't try it in Forza Horizon 3 though so maybe a pot shot.

If you have a 165 Hz monitor, might be worth trying at 144 Hz. I had the problem of Forza 6 CTD without notice when I turned my monitor to 165 Hz.
Didn't try it in Forza Horizon 3 though so maybe a pot shot.

Huh! Interesting. I do indeed have it cranked to 165hz.

Were you able to bring the FPS okay down with software on did you need to do it through the monitor?

Yeah, it crashes at 165hz because the FPS limiter option tries to use hard coded dividers based on your refresh rate, and they did not account for the less common 165hz, 200hz etc. you can go back to 165hz once you set the FPS cap to anything except 33fps.

Yeah, it crashes at 165hz because the FPS limiter option tries to use hard coded dividers based on your refresh rate, and they did not account for the less common 165hz, 200hz etc. you can go back to 165hz once you set the FPS cap to anything except 33fps.

No, just set refresh rate to 144 Hz. Game will run lol.

Bleh. So I set things (both the monitor and Nvidia control panel) to 144 Hz and I still get the same crash.

Maybe 60 or a fresh driver install?

So i have yet to even play online. I think im going to try it. Anyone going to be on this week from 7PM-10PM EST?

FYI for anyone who owns the ultimate edition, the expansion pass is only $25 until the end of the year. If your considering it, now's the time to grab it. I did, even though I still can't make this damn game playable. It's fine on Xbox though so at this point I'm just pretending it's not on PC :D. I'll probably fire this up tonight and check it out, but I think it looks great. In every rally game I can recall, I always enjoyed snow tracks the best.

FYI for anyone who owns the ultimate edition, the expansion pass is only $25 until the end of the year. If your considering it, now's the time to grab it. I did, even though I still can't make this damn game playable. It's fine on Xbox though so at this point I'm just pretending it's not on PC :D. I'll probably fire this up tonight and check it out, but I think it looks great. In every rally game I can recall, I always enjoyed snow tracks the best.
Since they made an expansion pass, I am assuming that means we'll be seeing more expansions like this in the future (at least until FM7)?

Since they made an expansion pass, I am assuming that means we'll be seeing more expansions like this in the future (at least until FM7)?

The expansion pass is for two pieces of content. They haven't said anything about the second one. Hopefully it will be the same concept as this one. In my opinion, things like the Porsche expansion is a waste of money. I don't need to spend $20 just for a handful of Porsche's. It adds content, but doesn't change or enhance game play in any meaningful way. This blizzard mountain expansion is great. It's a whole new geography, new types of weather and road hazards that change the way you race. It feels different than anything we've experienced before in Forza, and exceptionally enjoyable so far. I hope the next expansion gives me that same feeling. I'm not sure where else they could take us since they seem to have covered desert, rain forest, and city driving pretty well in the base game. I've seen some speculation that motorcycles or quads might be coming. Seems like a stretch to me, as that brings into play completely new physics, all new licensing agreements, and things like rider animations and such to worry about. But, if they did, that would be pretty epic.

Guys, question: if I buy a physical copy of the game for xbox one, does it include a code for pc? Or is the play anywhere thing exclusive to digital purchases?

Guys, question: if I buy a physical copy of the game for xbox one, does it include a code for pc? Or is the play anywhere thing exclusive to digital purchases?
You have to buy it digitally from the Xbox or Windows Store.

Back