ezgif-3-7d1f836b60.gif

Yeah you guys can do a lot with a few. Moat of our team numbers are new people I recently recruited. Give 'em time. ;)

Shoud be that way against a Team of Less Than :muted: Crunchers.

I Think We held our own..for ~ 8 folks vs 3X's that many.

There are few ways of looking at it. One of them is that our top 3 crunchers already demolished your 8-person team, based on today's free-dc stats (either based on the total past two days contribution or the last 7 days). Anyway, it was a good fight. ;)

We also have high caliber crunchers, not just the total :p

Welcome aboard azrael.arach. Crunch any projects that we are not at #1 position in the FB marathon.

Please join us in the next FB sprint where the project name will be announced on Aug 29, 3pm/6pm (PT/ET)

I got in late on the yoyo one but I was there.

Tomorrow I can throw up another 8 to 16 cores to it.

Funny part is I posted I had $800 in google cloud credit. I was wrong. After last projects and few free extras I am at $2800. So those cloud servers will be going for awhile no funding needed.

Here is a screenshot of our recent active Yoyo@Home team members, sorted based on the contributions today (that appears to capture everyone, since some people got in just for the last day of the sprint). Nice to remember the people who contributed to the sprint.

upload_2018-8-26_22-5-1.png

Last edited:
You guys make me so mad sometimes. Trust me, I have nothing but hate flowing through my veins. :LOL:

There is a Sprint this week on MilkyWay@Home. Please contribute so we can make this a winning streak on these Sprints.

Once signed up through Boinc Manager - use the blue download link , make sure to join team [H]ard|OCP here is our team page.

About MilkyWay@Home
Milkyway@Home uses the BOINC platform to harness volunteered computing resources, creating a highly accurate three dimensional model of the Milky Way galaxy using data gathered by the Sloan Digital Sky Survey. This project enables research in both astroinformatics and computer science.

In computer science, the project is investigating different optimization methods which are resilient to the fault-prone, heterogeneous and asynchronous nature of Internet computing; such as evolutionary and genetic algorithms, as well as asynchronous newton methods. While in astroinformatics, Milkyway@Home is generating highly accurate three dimensional models of the Sagittarius stream, which provides knowledge about how the Milky Way galaxy was formed and how tidal tails are created when galaxies merge.

Milkyway@Home is a joint effort between Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute's departments of Computer Science and Physics, Applied Physics and Astronomy. Feel free to contact us via our forums, or email astro[at]cs.lists.rpi[dot]edu.

The Sprint started 30 minutes ago and the first hours results are yet to come in, but we are already listed beneath XtremeSystems, our main race competitor. :( Let's turn this frown upside down and be number 1. :cat:

upload_2018-8-30_17-38-8.png

I am moving my systems to new one but I can't get my cloud servers to attach to it.

Nevermind, dumb mistake. Copied a space into the auth key.

Last edited:
The going is rough so far. 2nd hourly update is in, and we are in 2nd. XtremeSystems is being extreme.

upload_2018-8-30_19-18-32.png

Back