I am at stock clocks. Just using Samsung DDR3 EEC-R 1333 from ebay on the 2P boards I had a recycler offer 2 CPU and the board for like 95$.
Remember I had told everyone about them, I know some from [H] bought a few, but I do not think anyone figured out how to OC them.
I think with the 62xx AMD you have to run them at 50%, maybe 75% of CPUs for them to run faster.
Something about the number of cores and the FMUs or some damn thing the way they are connected. Kinda almost like they have HT cores counted as real cores.

Congrats again.

Yeah...I think it is how the Bulldozer line shared the cache or something dumb like that. Anyways, they certainly suck for projects like this.

We took the 1st place. Thanks everyone. You guys are awesome!

The next FB sprint is 4 days away. Project will be announced this Wed, Apr 11th at 9:00 am/12:00 noon PT/ET.

Got my million in. Not sure if I'll switch projects before the next sprint is announced or not.

Congrats on the win guys! Wish I could have contributed 100% of my resources to it, but I gave what I could.

Yeah...I think it is how the Bulldozer line shared the cache or something dumb like that. Anyways, they certainly suck for projects like this.

I think it was more an issue with he half number FPU cores. so having more threads than half the number of "cores" did really get any more ressources.
also assigning the threads to every even or odd core resullted in less thread conflivts to the shared resources boosting speed even more( its the same as with intel hyperthreading on multicore cpu's).

Looks like XtremeSystems is catching up to Crunching@EVGA. They now have 413 points and EVGA has 445.

EVGA is only aiming to be in the top 3. So I'm not sure they'll even do anything about it.

Well..if you aren't going to try to be number 1, why even try at all? Either way, they get bumped to League 1 next year. I figure at that point, all of the players that actually care about FB will all be in League 1. Might as well strip the leagues.

Seems the FB page is currently borked. Trying to access http://formula-boinc.org/sprint.py?lang=&year=2018 currently results in the following. Whoops! :p

Code:
MOD_PYTHON ERROR

ProcessId:      7330
Interpreter:    'formula-boinc.org'

ServerName:     'formula-boinc.org'
DocumentRoot:   '/web/sebastien/Formula_Boinc'

URI:            '/sprint.py'
Directory:      '/web/sebastien/Formula_Boinc/'
Filename:       '/web/sebastien/Formula_Boinc/sprint.py'
PathInfo:       ''

Phase:          'PythonHandler'
Handler:        'mod_python.publisher'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line 1537, in HandlerDispatch
    default=default_handler, arg=req, silent=hlist.silent)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line 1229, in _process_target
    result = _execute_target(config, req, object, arg)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line 1128, in _execute_target
    result = object(arg)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/publisher.py", line 213, in handler
    published = publish_object(req, object)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/publisher.py", line 425, in publish_object
    return publish_object(req,util.apply_fs_data(object, req.form, req=req))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/util.py", line 554, in apply_fs_data
    return object(**args)

File "/web/sebastien/Formula_Boinc/sprint.py", line 206, in index
    s=s+'<h1>Sprint on project '+cur.fetchone()[0]+' <br />from '+time.strftime('%m/%d/%Y %H:%M (UTC)',time.gmtime(projet_sprint[1]))+' to '+ time.strftime('%m/%d/%Y %H:%M (UTC)',time.gmtime(projet_sprint[2]))+'</h1>\n'

TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

MODULE CACHE DETAILS

Accessed:       Wed Apr 11 20:30:15 2018
Generation:     2

_mp_5f8176bc689a4865fce6172383a87dad {
  FileName:     '/web/sebastien/Formula_Boinc/sprint.py'
  Instance:     1 [IMPORT]
  Generation:   3
  Modified:     Sun Mar 26 15:33:02 2017
  Imported:     Wed Apr 11 20:30:15 2018
}

Can't beat IBM. XS has more than 100 active members :(

Can we do more with less people?

Sure, IBM is unbeatable. But we are not giving up ... we play [h]ard ... und we get those 18 points

IBM shouldn't even been in the Formula-BOINC challenge anyway, but oh well. Time to rally up the troops.

Eventually they will drop down to league 3 and then eventually dropped. Unfortunately, the way the system is set up it could be a decade for that to happen entirely.....Quite frankly I think they need to make FB opt-in only.

Yeah, #1 in league 3 seems to be trying though. So if those leagues get dropped they need to be grandfathered in.

Gah i'm blind. Very blind.

That's what i get for starting at screens all day long. :p

so i have some tasks that have deadlines for tomorrow prior to the sprint start.... any way to upload these without uploading some others i have saved?

i guess its only the first two that are prior to the deadline and i can get the 4:30 PM ones in on time if i time things right?

Capture.PNG

Well... odds are you can still report them before the new work units sent out will complete. Plus it is only 2 work units. So, I wouldn't risk the bunker for those.

Like he said, just leave them alone. Most likely you'll still return them before the person who gets the resent WU's anyway.

Not a chance. Look at his stats March 16th to March 20th. His 275k points today is a low for him. They're 400k+ points per day is what he averages. He's just getting warmed up.

Back