Talking about USN ... they just got hit by a torpedo ...

EF2D6430-6DC5-4ED8-AB58-727362DF7C0B.jpeg

The above images are all in good fun, of course. My wife walked in while I was making the above image and I told her how teams used to talk smack all the time in the years gone by, and that I was trying to revive some of that inter-team ribbing.

I do see that SETI@Netherlands is sitting pretty in 1st place for the SETI marathon @ 59.1M points and USN is right behind them at 51.7M. Makes me wonder what's up with that in relation to their Sprint performance?! Also, I honestly have no interest in fighting for this project once the Sprint is done; but for now, bring it, be-aht-ches. :p

I do see that SETI@Netherlands is sitting pretty in 1st place for the SETI marathon @ 59.1M points and USN is right behind them at 51.7M. Makes me wonder what's up with that in relation to their Sprint performance?! Also, I honestly have no interest in fighting for this project once the Sprint is done; but for now, bring it, be-aht-ches. :p
I think that's just their constant and steady performance level; while we get a solid short-term attention for the sprint. Which is fine if we can keep it up and (hopefully) get 25 points no one can take away.

On SETI with my two GPU
State: All (2945) · In progress (200) · Validation pending (1070) · Validation inconclusive (19) · Valid (1656) · Invalid (0) · Error (0)
Application: All (2945) · AstroPulse v7 (22) · SETI@home v8 (2923)

Setting up a i7-8700 (non-K) and see what I get from that with some additional Ryzen moved over
State: All (3549) · In progress (699) · Validation pending (1100) · Validation inconclusive (19) · Valid (1731) · Invalid (0) · Error (0)
Application: All (3549) · AstroPulse v7 (24) · SETI@home v8 (3525)

Last edited:
what a difference between GPU and CPU (i7 8700-3.2GHz)

compare to those 2 min the GPU crunch on their WU; don't expect many points coming out of it
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 23.03.20.png

Don't forget that SETI can also utilize IGPU's (integrated Intel GPU's). So, if you have any of those currently not in use they probably will run better than the CPU.

Glad to see you active in the forums again. How's the milestones chase coming? I see you have been mowing me down at a lot of projects.

Glad to see you active in the forums again. How's the milestones chase coming? I see you have been mowing me down at a lot of projects.

It's going well... Working on 10 million at Goofyxgrid CPU, CSG, and RakeSearch, as well as 100 million at Amicable (I recently lost the #1 spots for the 10 million and 100 million Milestones, so I am getting those back :cool:). Also working towards my third Magenta star at WU Prop (only a couple apps to go).

I quit worrying about WUProp when Seb started getting anal about things.

Looks like we are catching up and make take #1 if this rate holds. we were 113k behind Xtreme this morning and now its around 100k

I think we've got this; unles XS, S@N or USN have a large install base to bring against us for the Sprint.

BTW, does anyone know who larockonoli is?

He has a myspace linked on his Seti. John LaRock. can't seem to find a forum name that matches *shrug

Suspending other projects. Then "no new tasks" other projects.

Allow SETI@Home new tasks and resume.

Abort other projects task as they'll most likely end up not getting completed before the deadline anyway and at least they'll be dumped back on the server so someone else can grab them.

Only 9 more months and we can begin taking TAAT's name for a trophy... :hilarious:

SETI.USA member creeping, (Hi Coleslaw) Anyways I thought it was awesome how your post was formatted and linked just like it would be on the seti page. Is this a feature of this forum's amazingness, you put some effort into linking/formatting, or am I just missing something?

Just a feature of the forums' amazingness lol, copypaste and it comes that way

MixManSC just gave us a dual E5-2643V4 system to help on this. 24 cores of goodness right there!

http://www.setiusa.us/forum.php could definitely benefit. The reason I'm actually here is SETI optimization. I have a couple AMD cards and a couple 750TIs. It seems like the SoG app, specifically the Lunatics setup, pays well on the Nvidia cards but I've noticed the AMD cards (270x, 7970) do better on the stock app. So i started to dabble and try to get more out of them. On the 7970 I had a setup that was running a non-SoG app version that was producing on average around 439secs/74credit. Problem is i started fiddling more and can't get back to the non-SoG version. Well I could but what I had to do was install the lunatics app and edit out all the SoG sections of the app_info.xml I'm looking for anyone else that's running non-SoG apps on AMD cards app_infos, if they don't mind sharing.

and the fans in my Precision just started howling.... lol

If I get time I'll fire up one or two of the new servers and let em' burn in on this over the weekend. Might be in the morning though.

Anything you got man! We're currently in 2nd and closing in on 1st real quick, but that doesn't mean 1st isn't doing something to prevent them from being overtaken right now either. So let's keep throwing cores at it until we're in first at the end of the Sprint.

Thanks for joining in on this by the way.

Thank you! Welcome to the forum. Any details about yourself?
I'm a Old Fart who likes playing with computers.:LOL:
Been playing with them since the mid '70's off and on. (more off than on):confused:

Don't know what else you'd like to know.:whistle:

I'm a Old Fart who likes playing with computers.:LOL:
Been playing with them since the mid '70's off and on. (more off than on):confused:

Don't know what else you'd like to know.:whistle:

Oh we're playing that game huh?

I invented computers with Al Gore back in the 50s.

:whistle:

http://www.setiusa.us/forum.php could definitely benefit. The reason I'm actually here is SETI optimization. I have a couple AMD cards and a couple 750TIs. It seems like the SoG app, specifically the Lunatics setup, pays well on the Nvidia cards but I've noticed the AMD cards (270x, 7970) do better on the stock app. So i started to dabble and try to get more out of them. On the 7970 I had a setup that was running a non-SoG app version that was producing on average around 439secs/74credit. Problem is i started fiddling more and can't get back to the non-SoG version. Well I could but what I had to do was install the lunatics app and edit out all the SoG sections of the app_info.xml I'm looking for anyone else that's running non-SoG apps on AMD cards app_infos, if they don't mind sharing.

Thanks for stopping in. I know you usually have some good info on card stats and performance. I'm not sure how many of our guys are running AMD cards but hopefully someone will chime in. Anything AMD I would have probably wouldn't be worth even looking at if it worked...lol.

Coleslaw

Back