If a cruncher from team A moves to team B, all the BOINC points accumulated will move to the new team B unlike Folding@home. What about FB? Do the points credited during the current year or the entire lifetime credits will be counted towards team B current FB marathon points or perhaps none at all?

I've not done this before, so I'm just asking. No intention to move to other team coz I love this great team. :)

Your points only move over if you're not on a team and you join a team on 3rd party stats sites. The stats for FB are pulled daily and tallied locally on the FB database.

Therefore, only points you accumulate after you join the new team count.

RE: The pentathlon, thanks for coasting for a moment in Asteroids. TAAT is, at the moment, in 7th place, across the board. Again. But I suspect not for long. ;)

So the next Sprint is on the 24th. What is everyone rooting for? Personally, I am hoping for a GPU project (PrimeGrid to get it over with) so that I can focus on finishing up my WCG goals before powering most of my stuff down for the summer.

Next sprint event will be announced today at 12 noon/3 pm ET/PT. Hopefully the FB website don't misbehave.

wtf??? Enigma? So we are supposed to help some dude in his personal quest to break 3 old Enigma codes from 1942? Their own forums are dead as crap too..... woooo 13 threads so far this year! That is like at least 2 or 3 people a month on there talking about the project.

Are you sure it's AMD only?

No it says both but my logs are pulling nothing and saying there is amd work available but i have it disabled (wouldn't run anyways since i don't have one)
**Edit for clarity I just mean there only seems to be available work for amd GPU option

2018-05-23 3:49:52 PM | Enigma@Home | Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
2018-05-23 3:49:52 PM | Enigma@Home | Requesting new tasks for CPU and NVIDIA GPU
2018-05-23 3:49:54 PM | Enigma@Home | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
2018-05-23 3:49:54 PM | Enigma@Home | No tasks sent
2018-05-23 3:49:54 PM | Enigma@Home | Tasks for AMD/ATI GPU are available, but your preferences are set to not accept them

Oh mine doesn't say that. Someone needs to hit up the AMD GPU forum ASAP.

I posted a request in General Mayhem already.

Enigma will run on newer Nvidia cards. I am not sure what the issue is, but it won't run on my 770's or 780ti. They will download and try to run, but always error out within a few seconds. However, my 980ti runs Enigma tasks just fine. Weird.

This happens to be the project I am hitting hard right now to reach my 100 million point goal, so I will be adding a bunch of points per day for the [H]. Not sure yet how many PPD, as I just ramped up over the last two days and am now running all of my AMD cards on this project (2x280X, 1x7970, 1x380X, 1x7870). I am able to run 3 tasks per card on all of these GPU's without issue. Will be interesting to see how many points I am able to generate each day with these five old GPU's.

Last edited:
CUDA application requires Visual Studio 2015 c++ redistributable package (possibly newer) to be installed. It also requires FERMI or newer cards.

RFGuy_KCCO , double check your rigs with the 770's and 780ti for the VS c++

Ah that's why my HTPC wouldn't run them I bet. Link to VS2015?

wtf??? Enigma? So we are supposed to help some dude in his personal quest to break 3 old Enigma codes from 1942? Their own forums are dead as crap too..... woooo 13 threads so far this year! That is like at least 2 or 3 people a month on there talking about the project.

Actually, those 3 have already been cracked and they have moved on to other work. It is buried in the forums...

Seems to be working. I think I had 2017 installed maybe? I can run Collatz just fine on the HTPC, but this project wouldn't. I downloaded and installed 2015 and she seems to be running it fine. Will know once this task completes.

Screenshot_Edge_20180523-174859.png
In the meantime, we're making up some ground in MW.

CUDA application requires Visual Studio 2015 c++ redistributable package (possibly newer) to be installed. It also requires FERMI or newer cards.

RFGuy_KCCO , double check your rigs with the 770's and 780ti for the VS c++

Looks like that was the problem. I only had 2011-2013 installed on those rigs. Installed 2015 on them and all my Nvidia GPUs are now running Enigma just fine. Thanks for the tip.

I don't know if I had to, but I uninstalled my 2017 C++ redistributable and installed the 2015 x86 and x64 packages. That didn't get me any work.

I allowed the "test units" in the project preferences, and then I started getting work.

Back