We have a 3.8M lead in the current sprint. I've shutdown my GPU as it gets hotter here as the next sprint project will be announced next Wed, Aug 30th at 3pm/6pm (PT/ET). Gotta save some electricity for next sprint event.

However I still keep yoyo and distributed datamining running as we are slowly but surely getting there.
 
We have a 3.8M lead in the current sprint. I've shutdown my GPU as it gets hotter here as the next sprint project will be announced next Wed, Aug 30th at 3pm/6pm (PT/ET). Gotta save some electricity for next sprint event.

However I still keep yoyo and distributed datamining running as we are slowly but surely getting there.

I shut mine down the other day as well. Once I seen we were easily out pacing everyone.
 
I have 650,000 Pending points for Prime Grid. So many. Sadly not enough to make any dent in our FB standing.
 
Well the team is gaining on the #1 spot. By about 950k points per day. Being a little over 200M points behind first you'll gain them in around 210 days. Sadly we only have 87 days to go. So we need to increase production, steadily by 250% to overtake them in time. Not impossible.
 
My PrimeGrid recent average credit should be going up UP. 800k yesterday, and 740k pending. I see the team is now at 1.2 million a day.

ChristianVirtual I see you are getting around 230 to 330 seconds on your PPS Sieve tasks. Those are nice numbers. You running 2 at once I'm guessing? I'm consistently getting around 345ish seconds with 2 up. A bit slower. Must be a Windows thing. You will certainly best my numbers.
 
That is about 500-600k ppd being left on the table. (Not running 2 up with the PPS Sieve tasks).

Wish I could find my killawatt meter. Would like to know if I'm on the fringe of my PSU, as I'm expecting I am.
 
Corsair HX 620 watt. My CPU X5670 is overclocked to 4GHz, and I have 6 sticks of ram populated, 1SSD and 4 hard drives with the Nvidia 1080TI. All going at 100%.

Edit:
Somewhere around 290 for the 1080TI, plus 130 for the OCed Xeon, 8 watts each for the hard drives and maybe 4 watts per stick of ram = rough guess of 476. So maybe I'm OK...
 
Last edited:
Well... you don't want to consistently run much higher than that as PSU's may have a max rating higher..that rating is for including spikes or fluctuations. I would not put another card on there without upgrading the PSU. Just my opinion.
 
Yeah you're good. Not to mention you're not using every harddrive to it's full potential 24/7 and the RAM doesn't really add that much. 620W is more than adequate.
 
Next sprint is theskynet POGS. This project is CPU only.
 
Windows only also? My Linux box has never picked up a WU.
 
I'm thinking this is Windows only. None of my Linux boxes are grabbing any work. Not good for me.
 
Tasks ready to send 153
Tasks in progress 138358
Workunits waiting for validation 0
Workunits waiting for assimilation 2
Workunits waiting for file deletion 0
Tasks waiting for file deletion 0
Transitioner backlog (hours) 0.00
 
dDM. Next update we will be number one. :)

upload_2017-8-30_20-4-57.png
 
Glad we are #1 in dDM. +7 yay

Wow, 60 million PPD in Collatz, and nearly 2 million in Prime Grid. Good job everyone.
 
But we should keep dDM a bit more to build some buffer for peace in mind. Though the sprint will need our CPUs
 
Unfortunately the dDM server is down for maintenance.

My rigs filled up with MindModeling work overnight (which gave us 3 more FB points) and there seems to be a steady flow. This and clearing my yoyo cache means I'll be late to the sprint party although I doubt you guys will need any help on this one anyway.

Edit: Spoke too soon, dDM is back up again
 
WUs downloaded and crunching for the Bunkering.

I got the TS POGs site blocked in Windows Firewall. I did 54.208.0.0/16 Blocked a huge range. Will turn it back on later tonight, or earlier if it doesn't work. BOINC Manager is saying it can't get to the project servers, so I think it was a success. :p
 
WUs downloaded and crunching for the Bunkering.

I got the TS POGs site blocked in Windows Firewall. I did 54.208.0.0/16 Blocked a huge range. Will turn it back on later tonight, or earlier if it doesn't work. BOINC Manager is saying it can't get to the project servers, so I think it was a success. :p

Did that range indeed block access to their servers?
 
Well blocking that range seemed to block all projects, but even if it only blocked POGS I couldn't download anymore GPU WU's because the BOINC Client complained about their being too many uploads in queue.
 
What about a second client running? Run POGS from the second, third, fourth, etc.. clients and your GPU's from the primary client.
 
That might work, but that range seems to block all the projects anyway not just POGS. So even if the client would request new work from other projects they'd be blocked by that IP range I have blocked.

edit
Well actually, I guess I could just disable networking in the client itself like I normally do, but leave the primary client with open network.

How would BAM! handle multiple clients per computer? What about BOINCTasks?
 
Sorry guys for the confusion. I saw that POGs couldn't access, but didn't wait long enough for the other projects to submit work and start complaining.

Edit: I changed my Outbound Rules to a tighter range of 54.208.77.0 to 54.208.77.255. POGs is failing uploads, but my other tasks appear to be uploading.


There is a lot of good green on our overtake table!
 
Last edited:
Skillz, why not just do it from the hosts file I mentioned? That way you don't have to know the correct IP's and it won't affect other projects?
 
I'm not sure, but it's 10000x easier to just use iptables to block access.

Typing this in the shell will block
iptables -A INPUT -s 54.208.77.0/24 -j DROP

Will block all 54.208.77.* as in 54.208.77.0 - 54.208.77.255.

Then it's just much, much easier to just enter that in the router so it covers ALL the computers (Linux and Windows) in one go. So I don't have to login to each one individually.
 
I knocked myself out with a ghost computer I found in my stats ... from playing with different client setups there was one "hidden" client running and linked to BAM; received WU and over allocated my Ryzen. 32 threads on a 8/16 CPU is not really working well. Can some one please kick me .... maybe Toconator ;)
 
Back
Top