• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Favorite "Old School" Game

Masume said:
Mmm retro gaming? I got a list of my all time favs

SEGA SATURN
Guardian Heroes


ha! awesome.. im actually barrowing a buddys Saturn right now and thats the game im playing... controls are a bit tough to get used to, and its real easy to lose track of ur charictor in the massive brawls, but overall fun game...
 
Techx said:
you guys are just killing me! I completely forgot I had these two games when I was a kid!!! i also have no idea where the hell they disappeared to but i played them for hours and hours on end.. sigh
HEHE :D no shit eH? loved the transparent screen the opposing traffic came at ya on. that missle game was a HöOT!
 
Anyone ever get addicted to the hidden maze race on the Sega Core System? It was a game that was in the console, no cartridge needed. Just push to the right for ten seconds on the start screen and it would slide over and SHAZAM!!! The hardest Fn game ever made!! You are a snail trying to make it through huge mazes in 30 seconds or less. I blame this game for my premature baldness. :rolleyes:
 
JL_Audio_User said:
Yeah, this was a cool game




Yes it was. I play this game with my son all the time. I bought a used NES just for this one.
:D I love it when you knock em 4 or 5 times across the screen. This would also make an excellent mutiplayer game.
 
Masume said:
Mmm retro gaming? I got a list of my all time favs

NES
River City Ransom
Super Dodgeball
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: The Manhattan Project

SEGA GENESIS
General Chaos
Gunstar Heroes

SEGA SATURN
Dragon Force
Guardian Heroes

PC
Wing Commander
Sword of the Samurai
Pirates! (The original version)

I'll add more as I remember them :confused:
U ever play panzer dragoon saga for saturn? That game rocked. I worked at toys r us at the time and we got five copies in out of the few thousand made.

I set three aside for myself once I found out their huge 150-200 dollar worth and they would only cost me 20 bucks a piece.

Two guys came in looking for it and I felt such pity on the poor fellow RPG'ing guys I had to give them one each and costing me a well needed hundreds of dollars :(. It was an awesome game though.

Also, they are remaking dragon force on the PS2 this fall with updated graphics, what u think about that fewl!
 
bored @ work and being all gidde with childhood wood...I found a few more that make me howl ..had such a great time with these
ledgolf_game2.jpg
baseball_game2.jpg
h2hbasket_game2.jpg
hockey_game2.jpg

zap_game2.jpg
burgertime1.jpg
 
G'ßöö said:
bored @ work and being all gidde with childhood wood...I found a few more that make me howl ..had such a great time with these
hockey_game2.jpg

Man I played that hockey game for HOURS. :)
 
Wow, cool thread..

PC: Zork, Bards Tale
Others: Ikari Warriors, Contra, Galaga and probably my all time fav....Joust
 
Back in 1997? I was over my friends house and I'm watchin' football and my friend is playin a pc game. He has to go the toilet and hands me the control saying "I'll be right back, just dont get killed O.K.? So I'm thinkin' "Sure no big deal"

So im in what looks like a field high in a mountain with an AK47? and its misty...real misty and suddenly there is the sound of thunder? and I see a HUGE shadow coming through the mist...making the ground shake as he moved, next thing I know theres a Triceratops charging at me :eek: and I'm so freeked I forget to move.....doh! and if that aint bad enough HE'S GOT 2 FUCKIN CANNONS ON HIS BACK :eek:
about 2 seconds later..I'm toast

I think my friend set me up cuz it was the single most shocking video game moment in my life. It fuckin blew me away. I got hooked on that for a while and I dont even wanna think about how many times that T-Rex bit me in half.











Turok Dinosaur Hunter<<<Baaaadasss game!
 
JL_Audio_User said:


OMG, i can still totaly beat that game with the 3 stock lives..

Congradulations, you destroyed the vile red falcon, and saved the univrerse, consider your self a hero!
 
Wow - some good nostalgic stuff in here. Seeing the hand-held games made me long for another one of these:

 
2599_1.png

we spent many quarters on this baby. remember the 8 man version? cannot forget pole position

2000_2.png





Entex_BaseBall_8001_web.jpg


track_and_field.jpg


track and field kicked (_x_). add a plastic comb between the buttons and a person could FLY!

236_1.png

beserk made us braindead
 
wfalcon said:
Wow - some good nostalgic stuff in here. Seeing the hand-held games made me long for another one of these:



I had one of these when I was a kid. My parents got tired of buying batteries so they got me a DC adapter with all kinds of plugs and power settings. I'd set the voltage one or two higher than recommended and watch the little lights burn like crazy!
Does this count as my first overclocking experience? :p
 
Thorbjorn said:
I had one of these when I was a kid. My parents got tired of buying batteries so they got me a DC adapter with all kinds of plugs and power settings. I'd set the voltage one or two higher than recommended and watch the little lights burn like crazy!
Does this count as my first overclocking experience? :p


Yes, you nerd. Hah.
 
G'ßöö said:
2599_1.png

we spent many quarters on this baby. remember the 8 man version?

WOW

I forgot about that game. I spent hours upon hours at the local bowling alley( Bowling Green bowling alley, Needham Mass), stuffing coins in that machine all day long :) Man I loved my childhood. Thanks for bringing that memory back. :D
 
Space Invaders...people at the skating rink on Friday and Saturday night would pay me to put in there name when I got the high score back in 1980.

Galaga...classic shoot and dodge (except when you are using the exploit then just shoot)

Galaxian

Astriods

and my favorite all time arcade game would be Robotron.



 
[Sparky]Space Invaders...people at the skating rink on Friday and Saturday night would pay me to put in there name when I got the high score back in 1980.

Galaga...classic shoot and dodge






Ah yes! :) My local bowling alley carried this classic as well




[/QUOTE]
 
played the hell outta intellivision. football and that racing were a few. what idiotic controllers with those discs and silly inserts for button combos

football2.gif

auto_racing.png


remember'd a few more classic arcade games...

starcastle.gif

tempest3.jpg
SPRINT2.JPG
small-stuntcycle.jpg

cAtari_Football.jpg
zAtari_Football.png
 
there are so many old school games that were awesome.
Mine are pac man, q bert, centipede, vanguard (if anybody remembers that one for atari)

moving on legend of zelda, the very first, and super mario bros, the original final fantasy.

games I think will always be around because they are modern classics, final fantasy 7,
and for PC fans Star Craft.

When I was reading the games it made me think of a few things. Does anybody else think back on their gaming and remember playing countless hours, but also having the ability to shut it off and play a pickup game of soccer or basketball or whatever game if friends were outside. I think this might be one of the major factors in kids playing games too much. With the complexity of new games you have to invest atleast an hour into playing and that's only getting started. I guess it wasn't as important back then if you were only at level 5 in q bert you could get there again.

I am in no way saying that because of video games kids are getting obese and getting rid of them will solve that problem. It's just an observation. You can still turn off a game if you choose.
 
Back
Top