• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Favorite "Old School" Game

Ah, the good ol' Vectrex. Starfield, Tank Commander (I think that's what it was called, you drove a tank and shot dots at other tanks) and Star Trek.

Wish I wouldn't have sold mine a few years ago, had it since I was 4.
 
jrbryner said:
Ah, the good ol' Vectrex. Starfield, Tank Commander (I think that's what it was called, you drove a tank and shot dots at other tanks) and Star Trek.

Wish I wouldn't have sold mine a few years ago, had it since I was 4.



 
I dunno if this is "old school" enough, but I love Descent 3... nowadays I run it with full details and 8xAA/16xAF. Still looks pretty to me :)
 
A lot of you guys are old poopers, and many of you are young bucks...

but if you really loved games back in the early 1990s...

you loved Maniac Mansion!
 
Zaxon, Joust and spy hunter all took up to much of my time back in the day.
 
CompuDrew said:
Does this count?
football2qr.jpg

I wore out the buttons on mine.
LOVED that game!. I member sitting it on a surface and wailing on the right hand button only going down or up to avoid the other team (lines) heheh

this badboy was around the same time too
Merlin.jpg
 
G'ßöö said:
LOVED that game!. I member sitting it on a surface and wailing on the right hand button only going down or up to avoid the other team (lines) heheh

this badboy was around the same time too
Merlin.jpg
Remember seeing that but forgot what that does ???
 
S1nF1xx said:
It really depends on what "era" of gaming you're talking about, so I'll list my favs from all my systems.

Atari 2600 Pac-Man
Atari 7800 Moon Patrol
NES Final Fantasy
Game Boy Tetris
Atari Lynx All Points Bulliten
SNES Final Fantasy 3/Chrono Trigger (tough call)
N64 Wave Race
My First Computer Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

Best game of all time is Final Fantasy hands down.
I had moon patrol...that cost like 30 bucks or something.
 
bipolar said:
I forgot to mention possibly the greatest multiplayer game of all time ... Warlords for the Atari 2600
warlords.gif


Oh, how I wish someone would make a flash multiplayer version of this
I had that one. There was a ton of friggin maps. Don't you just try to kill the other guy and fly around?
 
G'ßöö said:
no shit eh? 2 funny. I'm amazed at how many screenies one can find through google on old school games. this kept me quite busy at work today

atari-2.jpg

omg i just noticed this one, It's funny how much you forget.. I played spiderman all the time it was awesome!

one thing to keep in mind, is when you decide to go and play these games now, in 2 mins your bored off your ass, we're already spoiled by the quality of current games.. so they are always better in our memories than they are now
 
Xilikon said:
Remember seeing that but forgot what that does ???
if memory servers me .....it light up those pads in different sequences and you had to replicate it.

EDIT:
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Merlin was released in 1979 under the Palitoy brand name. It was less colourful than rival MB's Simon and Tandy's Electronic Arcade. Nevertheless, this simple 11-LED was bought in vast numbers. It had six games:[/font]​

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial][1] THREE-IN-A-ROW​

[2] MUSIC MACHINE
[3] ECHO
[4] BLACKJACK 13
[5] MAGIC SQUARE
[6] SECRET NUMBER
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]It's poor qualities were that it consumed 6 x AA batteries and had no SOUND-OFF switch![/font]​


Techx said:
omg i just noticed this one, It's funny how much you forget.. I played spiderman all the time it was awesome!

one thing to keep in mind, is when you decide to go and play these games now, in 2 mins your bored off your ass, we're already spoiled by the quality of current games.. so they are always better in our memories than they are now
spiderman was great. my buddy and I played that badboy all da time! its a bloody joke now though eH? :D
 
v8_h8r said:
super dodge ball


NES

haha.. that game did kick ass...

im fond of the original descent. i kicked every one of my friends ass's at that game. :)
 
After rethinking everything, I've got too many i loved from the old skewl...

X-Com:UFO Defense (1994)
Syndicate (1993)
Darklands (wish i could find this game to be able to play on my PDA) (1992)
Quest for Glory Series (1987)
Scorched Earth (1991)
Dune II (1992)
 
The Mother of All Games:

Scorched Earth

1-800-SUE-TANK baby. I loved editing the talk files specifically for the person I was playing against. Ahh the love.....

 
silver surfer for nes....


mmmmm

shawdowgate
castlevani 3 WINNAR!
 
huxley said:
I had that one. There was a ton of friggin maps. Don't you just try to kill the other guy and fly around?
You may have it confused with Yar's Revenge or something. Warlords had just that one map. It was basically a multiplayer version of breakout, where you had a castle made of destructible blocks and a king inside that could be killed with one hit of the ball. Your defense was a block you moved around your castle to deflect the ball into other people's castles. Could play vs. cpu, but much more fun vs. humans. Lots of options too -- varying ball speeds, optional "sticky" paddles (where you could grab the ball and hold on to it, move and shoot, instead of it just bouncing off your paddle immediately), etc.
 
Anyone remember River City Randsom? That game was pretty dman fun I think. Most of my great times were on the NES and some on Gameboy. I don't even remember my old atari that much as I was only about 5 or 6.
 
CompuDrew said:
Does this count?
football2qr.jpg

I wore out the buttons on mine.

Oh hell yeah!

I had one only mine was Green. Playing tn the dark was the best!
Amazing how long those things will last on a single 9V battery.

When I was a kid, we had the [link=http://www.pong-story.com/odyssey_other.htm]Odyssey 4000[/link] It was cool at the time because not many people had ever even heard of video games. This made up the most popular kids on the block.

Atari:
Combat
Asteroids
Kaboom
Damn, really is too many to list.

NES:
#1, without a doubt, would have to be Metroid
Zelda
Contra
FF1

3DO:
Shockwave

SNES:
Metal Warriors
F-Zero
Mortal Kombat

PS1:
GT2
FF7 and FF8
Tekken

N64:
Goldeneye
Pilot Wings
 
wow... such fond memories being arroused reading this thread :'-)

heres my list

NES:
1.Shadow Of The Ninja (ninja gaden sorta ripoff type, but i still argue ninja gaden just got a time machine and went to the future and ripped off SOTN because it was so much more fun that gaden)
2. Bubble 'freakin Bobble (OOOOHHH YEAAAA BABY!!!!)
3. Ninja Turtles The Arcade Game (to this day i still cant get enough of it... and multiplayer was the best)
4. Zelda (the first, the best, the only IMO... and lets hear it for the old zelda animated series woot woot)
5. Castlevania (still havent beaten it, but will one of these days damnit)
6. Super Mario 1 & 3 (it wouldent be nintendo without mario)
7. Battletoads

SNES:
1. Super Metroid (Debatably the best game ever made)
2. Chrono Trigger (THE BEST FREAKING RPG OF ALL TIME, and anyone who says otherwise is looking to get a beat down)
3. Top Gear 3000 (Fun ass futureistic racing game)
4.Secret of Mana & Secret of Evermore
5. Final Fantasy III
6. Killer Instinct (Best Fighter Of All Time!!! Same goes for this as goes for Chrono Trigger)
7. Donkey Kong Country
8. And so many more

Genesis
1. Altered Beast
2. Golden Axe
3. Vectorman
4. "The Sonics"

PC:
Wing Commander III
Myst (wuoh, what awesome graphics)
Warcraft 1
Doom & Heretic (where would we be without the originals)
Decent

i could just go on and on listing systems, but ill just leave it as to what i think were the most important during my generations old school history ('83 and on) i really wish i got to play our attari before it got torn up, but unfortunatly being like 3-4 i was not strong enough (or not willing to put in the amount of effort required... i cant remeber which) to move the Atari joy stick without tiping the controller over, and by the time i was old enough... the NES was already out (and in my home i might add ;) )
 
v8_h8r said:
makes me want to go play bean ball again for hours...only wish it was like 8 player for that part :D


j
What state do u live in that bean ball is dodgeball?
 
I'm the Dude said:
I"m going with the arcade game "Robotron".


Man...I LOVED that game too! played it everyday during the summer of 82? at a bowling alley. Goood memories :)







Edit: I didnt see the 1982 on the piture till after I posted it. My memory is good! all that weed did'nt kill my brain after all :D
 
robotron rules!! played it so much back in the 80's. there's a 20+ year old gaming store in gastown here and it has one in it. 3 quarters later and I had top3 scores. 267,000 ish. funny how ya remember all the nuiances with the characters and how to beat them
 
I cannot get enough! :D cannot forget the many great board games and AFX race cars

c64.gif
MouseTrap-nail.jpg
Maniac-nail.jpg

coleco-pacman-thumb.jpg
Tomy-DemonDriver-thumb.jpg
tomy-missile-paulie-thumb.jpg
 
While my gaming tastes have changed throughout my life, these are a few that I remember fondly and with a special level of nostalgia.

Proving my bizarre taste in games, The Great Wall Street Fortune Hunt, for the Odyssey2:
Videopac_46.JPG


Ghostbusters. On the Apple iie.
applegb1map.gif


The next three are self-explanatory (or at least, they should be):
jan04_punchout_01.jpg


m1pkusf.jpg


zelda_cart.jpg
 
G'ßöö said:
I cannot get enough! :D cannot forget the many great board games and AFX race cars
Tomy-DemonDriver-thumb.jpg
tomy-missile-paulie-thumb.jpg

you guys are just killing me! I completely forgot I had these two games when I was a kid!!! i also have no idea where the hell they disappeared to but i played them for hours and hours on end.. sigh
 
Mmm retro gaming? I got a list of my all time favs

NES
River City Ransom
Super Dodgeball
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: The Manhattan Project

SEGA GENESIS
General Chaos
Gunstar Heroes

SEGA SATURN
Dragon Force
Guardian Heroes

PC
Wing Commander
Sword of the Samurai
Pirates! (The original version)

I'll add more as I remember them :confused:
 
What about Kings Quest? I remember playing that on an old school Mac. I can't rmember the model but I remember having to load the game using old 5 1/4 floppies (yes real "floppies") and playing it on a Monachrome screen. Man that was sweet.
 
JL_Audio_User said:
i remember playing that for the first time at my cousins house and i thought it was SO cool but i had a sega genesis and i never even knew the name till like 3 years ago when i was DLing games for my TI-83.
 
Back
Top