Far Cry Primal

All I want is a VR compatible game with friggin dinosaurs. This game could have been amazing. Hell even if it had coop THIS game could have been great with the kiddos.

For those of you who bought it let us know if it's not just a copy paste of the other games.

For those of you who bought it let us know if it's not just a copy paste of the other games.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if I hear anything above and beyond "Far Cry 4 without guns set in the prehistoric world."

It's one of the biggest controversies/backlash of FC. The aliens/mutants show up mid game and that is when the game goes to shit. Everything before that is great.

Far Cry is notorious for having an amazing first half while the second half is hot garbage. Resident Evil 4 and Dark Souls 1 are also in the same boat.
:wtf:

Speak for yourself, hater.

Far Cry is notorious for having an amazing first half while the second half is hot garbage. Resident Evil 4 and Dark Souls 1 are also in the same boat.

Dark Souls 1 after Anor Londo might not have been as amazing as the first half but it was far from 'hot garbage'

Have there been any PC reviews yet for this game? Friend was saying Ubi haven't released any keys yet to PC reviewers and that's a bad sign. He said same thing happened with AC: Unity.

Have there been any PC reviews yet for this game? Friend was saying Ubi haven't released any keys yet to PC reviewers and that's a bad sign. He said same thing happened with AC: Unity.

TotalBiscuit's Twitter account (can't remember the name of the guy running it now) said that PC review copies just got sent out today. The embargo for the PC version is up on Monday.

I thought the PC version was out already with the consoles but it doesn't get released until March 1st

TotalBiscuit's WTF Is...

According to him performance is atrocious. Game looks exactly like any other Far Cry game. The setting and lack of guns changes nothing about the formula.

Probably wait until its $10. I really wanted a co-op game in this setting. Far Cry 4 was pretty bland in my opinion, taking away guns and giving you animal pets doesn't make it a brand new game.

Probably wait until its $10. I really wanted a co-op game in this setting. Far Cry 4 was pretty bland in my opinion, taking away guns and giving you animal pets doesn't make it a brand new game.

Far cry 4 was pretty boring. I played 3 and really liked it.

I beat around 80% of 4 and I just quit because it was just so meh. could not be bothered.

Far cry 4 was pretty boring. I played 3 and really liked it.

I beat around 80% of 4 and I just quit because it was just so meh. could not be bothered.
Yeah nothing about 4 really held my attention. I didn't finish it either, nor did i play it anywhere near completion. I got it for free so I didn't even feel the need to complete it for the sake of "getting my money's worth".

Primal seems like it would have worked better as a Blood Dragon type of spinoff experiment rather then a full-on new Far Cry game

TotalBiscuit's WTF Is...

According to him performance is atrocious. Game looks exactly like any other Far Cry game. The setting and lack of guns changes nothing about the formula.

Wow, thanks for posting! Pretty much exactly what I was expecting from this game. Sticking to my plan of maybe buying when it hits the $5-10 range.

So instead of Blood Dragon 2, we got this...

tumblr_m3y89m0mip1rw2ylxo1_500.jpg

TotalBiscuit's WTF Is...

Not surprised, Ubisoft is the new Activision when it comes to shamelessly recycling its games. I'll pick it up when the gold edition hits $10, by then it might actually be properly optimised and not riddled with bugs.

I had zero interest when this was first announced and zero interest today no matter the price...looking forward to Far Cry 5 continuing the adventures of Jack Carver and Val

I would hope they learned a few things since FC4 but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Also... no new Nvidia drivers? I find that a bit surprising, but maybe since there's nothing new (technically speaking from the engine, etc.) it doesn't warrant it?

Game designers have lost touch with the gamers.....when that happens you get shit like this and the BF WWI rumor that is most likely true.

If you are going to be original......make it fun still lol. Who the fuck wants to play as some caveman with a wood bow and liger animals? At least give me sleestaks and tyranos! :)

Game designers have lost touch with the gamers.....when that happens you get shit like this and the BF WWI rumor that is most likely true.

If you are going to be original......make it fun still lol. Who the fuck wants to play as some caveman with a wood bow and liger animals? At least give me sleestaks and tyranos! :)

I think this game is the most original and fun looking game I have seen in a long time. I hope it works. I know it'll look amazing, but I hope it's fun too. Looks like it will be.

Last edited:
Wow its getting slammed pretty hard on steam, lots of error problems game that wont even launch or ? it seems like a mod to far cry im not too impressed really not gonna give fullprice for this bug game..

Wow its getting slammed pretty hard on steam, lots of error problems game that wont even launch or ? it seems like a mod to far cry im not too impressed really not gonna give fullprice for this bug game..

Looks like day one launch / drm problems, whee.

I was moved. This game runs on the first day of launch without any issues.
I am playing at 4x DSR 0% smoothness at a wopping resolution of 3840x2400 maxed out with a GTX980 Ti SLI @ 1400MHz and the games runs from 56 to 66 FPS. SLI scaling is perfect, GPU usage is perfect.

Congrats nvidia/ubisoft.

Also... no new Nvidia drivers? I find that a bit surprising, but maybe since there's nothing new (technically speaking from the engine, etc.) it doesn't warrant it?

most of the time 'Game-Ready' drivers are just marketing BS as it takes a few months after the game is released to really optimize them and incorporate game-specific fixes

most of the time 'Game-Ready' drivers are just marketing BS as it takes a few months after the game is released to really optimize them and incorporate game-specific fixes

this is one of the few times where you are wrong.
driver is perfect now, optimizations is perfect, games runs perfect on SLI and 4K

Back