Far Cry Primal

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
mM3Y2hj.png

Far Cry Primal Trailer – Official Reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWlOtBV5zO0
Far Cry Primal – The Creative Vision Behind the Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEaS0U_CCLU

PS4, XONE and PC
Release date: 23rd February 2016 (PC in March 2016)

PRICE
$60

PRE ORDER OFFER
LEGEND OF THE MAMMOTH
Pre-order Far Cry Primal and get 3 extra unexpected missions.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The award-winning Far Cry franchise that has stormed the tropics and the Himalayas now enters the original fight for humanity’s survival with its innovative open-world sandbox gameplay, bringing together massive beasts, breathtaking environments, and unpredictable savage encounters.
Welcome to the Stone Age, a time of extreme danger and limitless adventure, when giant mammoths and sabretooth tigers ruled the Earth, and humanity is at the bottom of the food chain. As the last survivor of your hunting group, you will learn to craft a deadly arsenal, fend off fierce predators, and outsmart enemy tribes to conquer the land of Oros and become the Apex Predator.

GAME INFO
Welcome to the Stone Age, a time of extreme danger. When giant mammoths and sabretooth tigers ruled the Earth, and humanity was at the bottom of the food chain. As the last survivor of your hunting group, you will learn to craft a deadly arsenal, fend off fierce predators, and outsmart enemy tribes to conquer the land of Oros and become the Apex Predator.

FROM PREY TO PREDATOR
- You will play as Takkar, a seasoned hunter and the last surviving member of your group. You have one goal: survival in a world where you are the prey.
- Grow your tribe and hone your skills to lead your people.
- Ally yourself with a cast of memorable characters who can help push back the dangers of the wild.
- Face enemy tribes who will do anything to eradicate you and your allies.
- Defeat predators and humans, and rise to become the apex predator.

FAR CRY'S STONE AGE
This isn’t the Stone Age you know it.
This is the Stone Age with irreverence and mayhem.
This is the Stone Age by Far Cry.

- Stalk enemy outposts and plan your attack using weapons and tools crafted from the bones of beasts you’ve killed.
- Master the element of fire to multiply your tactical options, setting your weapon on fire or scaring predators at night.
- Land the killing blow on the prey you've hunted across the plains. But beware, its scent may attract predators willing to fight you for the prize.
- The rich setting of the Stone Age only multiplies the amount of deadly weapons, dangerous threats and incredible stories that Far
Cry is known for.

A WORLD RULED BY GIANT BEASTS
After the last Ice Age, the glaciers retreated to leave behind a land blooming with nature and resources where humans and animals alike could thrive – provided they had what it took to prove their dominance.

THIS IS THE LAND OF OROS
- Discover the majestic and savage land of Oros with its breathtaking valley of redwood forests, harsh taiga, and humid swamps where you can see Earth as it was before man laid claim to it.
- Oros teems with life from large herds of deer and vicious packs of dire-wolves to warring enemy tribes. It is ruled by megafauna such as sabretooth tigers and woolly mammoths, giant animals that dominated the Earth in the Stone Age and were feared by every other living being.

SCREENSHOTS
http://i.imgur.com/sMTm33t.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mt4I7qN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ABnG2rO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0djjJ0Y.jpg

Last edited:
To me this just seems more of the same.

Far Cry 3 was good, it was an OK game. But Far Cry 4 was an exact copy of it, with absolutely no added value. No I'm not going to roll over in awe because they added elephants. In fact it ruined the game balance, they were too strong, and the physics acted crazy when you mixed them with vehicles. And now they want to sell it again, with yet another slightly different environment.

To me this just seems more of the same.

Far Cry 3 was good, it was an OK game. But Far Cry 4 was an exact copy of it, with absolutely no added value. No I'm not going to roll over in awe because they added elephants. In fact it ruined the game balance, they were too strong, and the physics acted crazy when you mixed them with vehicles. And now they want to sell it again, with yet another slightly different environment.
They probably should have just called this game Primal (without the Far Cry licensing). That's what they did with Watch_Dogs but it was a really similar game to everything else Ubisoft has done.
I'm not sure we see anything related to Far Cry here. No more guns, no guy 'trapped on an island', etc. The name is already doing more harm than good, just by reading your post.

Far Cry with Dinosaurs would be cool. Something like Jurassic Park.

(The above image needs moar brown)

With any luck it will end up being incredibly racist! (I was not on the racism meltdown train for Farcry4 and I found it pretty hilarious how wrong those idiots were proven.)

If it was like Turok...maybe.

This looks like a pre-gun society, so you just run around with different types of sticks? Maybe a primitive bow-and-arrow? Doesn't seem that exciting to me.

But Far Cry 4 was an exact copy of it, with absolutely no added value.

I tried playing FC3 again after FC4. The latter brought some nice improvements. FC4 is definitely better.

Let's hope its not a F2P MMO. Because the naming gives me that spinoff vibe.

I guess it might be okay. They're probably just looking for a way of cranking out another yearly sequel while re-using the same (more or less) engine from FC3 and FC4.
Ubisoft IS the new EA after all.
I really liked the previous Far Cry games just like I liked the Assassin's Creed games. Hopefully this game won't kill off my interest in the franchise like Unity did. There are only just so many times you can release re purposed content.

I thought Far Cry 3 kicked major ass!

I didn't even buy/try/play Far Cry 4.

This seems interesting...

If it was like Turok...maybe.

This looks like a pre-gun society, so you just run around with different types of sticks? Maybe a primitive bow-and-arrow? Doesn't seem that exciting to me.

Agreed. Its Assassin's Creed, likely without a good story. As for Watch Dogs, it was essentially a GTA done right and was rather decent. Even though it did copy the standard open world formula, at least it had shooting, driving mechanics and a story worth playing for. Not to say the story was excellent, but there was at least a drive to finish it.

While an ice age era could make for a fun video game, I can't see it making for a fun Far Cry game. A huge open world without a means to quickly get around would get tedious fast. More to the point though, I'm really just tired of Ubisofts recent trend of taking the same shell of a game and rebranding it over and over again. Assassins Creed, Far Cry, and Watch Dogs all boil down to what is basically the same game, and The Division and the next Ghost Recon look to be the exact same formula. I'm tired of it.

For me the Far Cry games were about sniper rifles and automatic weapons ... not sure they can create equivalents in the Stone Age

Sigh, I was hoping for like an actual new game.

Ubisoft games are all starting to blend together and are getting tiredsome. AC/Far Cry/Watch Dogs all felt like the same basic game because of the formula that UBisoft uses for ALL of their open world style games, with their focus so heavily on "collectibles" and giving you every ounce of information you need rather then letting you explore/find things on your own.

Whatever happened to that Pirate game? (They did a survey after black flag asking if people would like to see that kind of game on its own without AC tied to it).

Eh, to be honest I am a bit burned out on FC. FC4 was FC3 with new animals. FC:BD was a stripped version of FC3 with dragons. I did enjoy all the games but damn I hope it is going to more substantially different than animals and weapon skins.

Last edited:
Eh, to be honest I am a bit burned out on FC. FC4 was FC3 with new animals. FC:BD was a stripped version of FC3 with dragons. I did enjoy all the games but damn I hope it is going to more substantially different than animals and weapon skins.

I've said this before, Its standard ubisoft practices.

AC3 was trash/rehash, but had the ship battle framework that was fully realized in AC4.
AC Unity was buggy and unfinished, but Syndicate will have a huge amount of reused assets and same engine, and likely be far more polished.
FC4 was a FC3 mod/expansion, but it had more tribal stuff that looks like it will be expanded in this title. Plus, the animals and new vehicles were kinda tacked on, but will likely be the framework for more exciting stuff. It'll probably have some half-working new mechanic that FC4 doesn't have, that will be perfected in "FC6". And so it goes.

They always iterate and reuse old content. They're not the only ones doing this, but its just so easy to see connect the dots.

It seem to me like they are calling it Far Cry just because it's an open world game.

I think the should have gave it it's own name and let it stand on it's own. If it's a success, then there you have a new franchise, which is good considering how many franchises out there that have been milked a little too many times.

So.....basically, it's a dlc a la Blood Dragon but because of how successful blood dragon was they decided to release it as it's own game and charge 59.99 for it?

Ubisoft has done it again. I'm over their shtick. I don't want or need a sequel/spinoff every 12-15 months.

mammoths, sabre tooth tigers, and primitive screwheads begging to be murdered all around? fuck it, shut up and take my money!

lol, the took the worst part of far cry 3/4, the animal hunting, and made it into a game.

and apparently you are also going to have crafting, sticks, strings, bones, to make spears and bows...

lol, the took the worst part of far cry 3/4, the animal hunting, and made it into a game.

and apparently you are also going to have crafting, sticks, strings, bones, to make spears and bows...

That sounds a lot like ARK to me. There have been a lot of games recently with the same formula so im thinking this is Ubisoft trying to jump on that hype train.

Ark, and similar games, would be so much more fun if they were an actual mmo (IE only legit game servers) that hosted thousand+ people and you didn't have all of these splintered admin run servers.

I still can't understand why they all must follow that Dayz style formula.

Then have actual reprecussions for pk'ing and other things, give people reasons to and not to do it with choices and consequences.

Wait, it's a Far Cry game with no guns?? Blood Dragon was great, but it seems like they're really pushing this one too far to still call it a Far Cry game.

Also, no way in hell I'd pay more than about $15 for this. Probably wait 'till closer to $10.

Could we please meet Those Who Came Before and steal some nifty pieces of Eden from them (and guns! and cars! and advanced flying machines!) to hunt down the mammoths and sabertooth tigers and ultimately rebel against the superior race of TWCB?

...Oops, sorry, wrong game series. The way it is right now it may as well be a HD remake of that old hunting game, Carnivores: Ice Age.

K, after watching the concept video, it does look like an interesting game. But definitely should not be tied to the Far Cry franchise. Just call it Primal.

Also, I still haven't played FC4 yet, 'cause I refuse to pay more than about $25 for a glorified expansion to FC3. So yeah, I'm definitely in no rush to buy Primal.

K, after watching the concept video, it does look like an interesting game. But definitely should not be tied to the Far Cry franchise. Just call it Primal.

Also, I still haven't played FC4 yet, 'cause I refuse to pay <$30 for a glorified expansion to FC3. So yeah, I'm definitely in no rush to buy Primal.
They called it "Far Cry" because it sells.
New IPs don't sell.

Back