Far Cry 5

I find the controls are fairly fluid and the game feels fine.

The item menu sucks, but from a control standpoint the game is fine.

Would someone please explain the save system to me?

It seems the mission progress/loot/etc saves, but your carnage/changes to the world do not?

And it doesn't always re-load you exactly where you click "Save".

I kept dying and it kept reloading to just before I started the tarzan/bridge/prepper stash thing, even though I mashed "save" about 10 times.

I thought the Clutch Nixon airplane challenges were a pain in the ass (using KB/M) but the wingsuit challenge is even worse...

edit: Promo code has been removed.

50% off any game in the Razer game store, FC5 is about $28.

Last edited:
I thought the Clutch Nixon airplane challenges were a pain in the ass (using KB/M) but the wingsuit challenge is even worse...

I generally like the game, but that wingsuit mission is the only one so far I've noped out of. Half the time the wingsuit doesn't even open, the other half I'm hitting rocks like a gen Xer on a bender. No thanks.

Just got the Gold Edition for $41.50

AuSEWTO.png

Razer's CEO tweeted a pic of their new game store and 'accidentally' included a promo code in the screenshot TEST123 which applied 50% off to any game purchases.
It worked for about an hour and it seems to have been removed already.

"Alright all you smart-asses who realized I posted a test-code which was still live. You got me. I have fired the person responsible for leaking it and have hired myself back right away.

For all of you quick enough to get the 50% off, you deserve it for being quick and I’m going to honor it – the last time this happened was like a 5 years ago and clearly, I haven’t learned the damned lesson. We’ll have some explaining to do with our partners, but for this one time we’ll be honoring all the orders placed using this code and do right by all our gamers. For those that took advantage of this, please do not resell these keys in the gray market because I will hunt you down.

That much said, we thank you for your enthusiasm in checking out the new Razer Game Store. We remain committed to ensuring you get the best deals and rewards so check back frequently!

P.S. Our launch deal is still on: http://gamestore.razer.com P.P.S: The test code has been taken down so don’t bother trying."

Last edited:
I generally like the game, but that wingsuit mission is the only one so far I've noped out of. Half the time the wingsuit doesn't even open, the other half I'm hitting rocks like a gen Xer on a bender. No thanks.

the wingsuit controls are also very weird...keyboard arrow up glides the suit down and vice versa...so I inverted my movement controls for that mission...finally completed it after multiple tries...

Agree with what someone else said a few days ago, game feels like Wildlands-lite. Better than Far Cry 4 but does not hold a candle to anything else on Ubisoft's roster. By far the weakest game they've released in years.

I'm only like 3 hours into it though.

Have you actually played FC5? Yes or no.

I don't need to have played it, I can see plainly enough from the video that there has been a regression in many gameplay elements/features.

And having played several other Ubi open world games in the last 5 years, I frankly don't need to play it to be able to form a judgment because Ubi games are literally formulaic iterations of the same gameplay design and mechanics. Jim Sterling just put out a video making this exact point.

No offense but I notice you in lots of threads seeming bizarrely angry about videogames.

No offense, but you seem incapable of discerning the difference between anger and well founded skepticism, distrust and general distaste for the litany of scummy practices consistently perpetrated by most AAA publishers.

Reminds me of st4rk.

Sounds like a really smart guy.

Do me a favor and actually look at my post history before making retarded comments like that. I don't hate video games, I hate gamers. Big difference.

See....I was right!

The point is that a 10 year old game from the same franchise has more realistic cloud formations, ballistics, day/night transitions, enemy AI, vehicle collision physics, vegetation destruction....among other things. Hardly gimmicks, as opposed to features which contribute to immersion.

Far Cry 5 has all that stuff too. Far Cry 2 likely has more realistic vegetation destruction b/c that's when they introduced the Dunia engine and wanted to showcase it by focusing more on those things you list than the actual gameplay which sucked. Oh, and those are absolutely fucking gimmicks because cloud formations do not a good game make. When I am running around and killing people not once do I stop and stare at how the fire is burning a tree. Ridiculous argument to suggest that since those things might be done slightly better in Far Cry 2 that it makes Far Cry 5 any less of a game. Most of that shit nobody notices and frees up resources for other things. The fucking game is supposed to have fun. If you're not having fun then don't play. Simple as that. Most people don't need their fantasy video games replicating real life 100%.

Attachments

• 26907491_1624301817619195_3602685252106179866_n.png
    26907491_1624301817619195_3602685252106179866_n.png
    467.2 KB · Views: 0
Far Cry 5 has all that stuff too. Far Cry 2 likely has more realistic vegetation destruction b/c that's when they introduced the Dunia engine and wanted to showcase it by focusing more on those things you list than the actual gameplay which sucked. Oh, and those are absolutely fucking gimmicks because cloud formations do not a good game make. When I am running around and killing people not once do I stop and stare at how the fire is burning a tree. Ridiculous argument to suggest that since those things might be done slightly better in Far Cry 2 that it makes Far Cry 5 any less of a game. Most of that shit nobody notices and frees up resources for other things. The fucking game is supposed to have fun. If you're not having fun then don't play. Simple as that. Most people don't need their fantasy video games replicating real life 100%.

Are you mad? Cause you sound mad. At least you're having fun playing Far Cry ver 3.7859.

I'm enjoying the game despite its typical Ubisoft roots...some of the side missions and prepper stashes are pretty fun (and funny)...the Guy Marvel Blood Dragon 3 quest was great...sometimes you just have to enjoy a game for what it is and not expect it to be the greatest game ever made

24 hrs.

I probably 95%'ed my first area and then sped through everything on the second two to finish the story. I'm probably 20% done in the other two areas.

I also played on Easy.

I do wish they'd let you activate the 'Outpost Master' mode whenever you want. I don't really enjoy playing through a game multiple times - I just like one good hard playthrough. While i'm enjoying the game i'd enjoy it more if the regions didn't slowly get easier once you capture/kill everyone which is what the outpost master mode changes.

anyone run into issues with things not showing up on the map? I have the bobble head map but the last 2 I need do not show up on the map. Same with the wolf beacons.

I can't seem to find the last shrine in Faith's area...I've been all over the region with my chopper...I already killed Faith but I like to complete all the missions

Yeah never planned on paying money for this. The FC games lack any real solid content after you see through the BS. It was a chore to finish 3 and 4 because they just get so boring after you do the beginning game grind and max out your weapons and storage and unlock all the areas. After that the gameplay just repeats and repeats and repeats.

And basically as I understand the only new thing for 5 is the ability to join some factions and a few endings.... and fishing. That's about it.

I find the controls are fairly fluid and the game feels fine.

The item menu sucks, but from a control standpoint the game is fine.
The plane & helicopter controls are terrible as well. They spent time giving some options to customize controllers for em, but they're all terrible. The E loot & Hold E for 1/2 a sec to swap weapons is also annoying.

I've also noticed airplanes spawning right above me. No airplane sounds, then all of a sudden it sounds like one right above you and you look up to see it materialize 100ft over your head.

Then yesterday I was finishing up Jacobs area and it made no sense.
When you do his final run & gun thing, my first attempt I went thru and got to the Whitetail leader Eli at the end and stared at him for 10 seconds while he keeps yelling "don't shoot" before Jacob tells me I'm weak and sends me back to the start. So the second run thru I'm about half-way thru his little maze thing and it's abruptly cuts to a cut-scene of me shooting Eli. Huh? I wasn't anywhere near the guy.

I can't seem to find the last shrine in Faith's area...I've been all over the region with my chopper...I already killed Faith but I like to complete all the missions

watched a YouTube video and found the final shrine...now all I have left in John and Faith's area are those lighter, barrel and comic collection fetch quests...time to start the final territory- Jacob's

the more I play this the more I feel like sniper ghost warrior 3 did everything better. That game certainly had quite a few flaws but the gunplay seemed far superior and the game was much more challenging in general. The different areas had quite a few enemies to clear and you did not have the goofy spawns like you do this game.

...The plane & helicopter controls are terrible as well. They spent time giving some options to customize controllers for em, but they're all terrible. ...

I don't mind the helicopter controls so much. I use a Logitech MX Revolution mouse and I have the two side buttons programmed for up and down and only use the keyboard for tilt left and right.

I just wish that they would have setup the airplanes the same way as the Copter. The airplane controls setup is atrocious.

helicopter controls are fine and simple to use...airplane sorta sucks but eventually you get the hang of it...wingsuit controls are the worst...altitude makes precise turning brutal with the wingsuit

i have an xbox controller hooked up for the flight stuff. works well. i didn't have any issues with the clutch nixon plane or wingsuit with it. the wingsuit took 2 tries haha.

the more I play this the more I feel like sniper ghost warrior 3 did everything better. That game certainly had quite a few flaws but the gunplay seemed far superior and the game was much more challenging in general. The different areas had quite a few enemies to clear and you did not have the goofy spawns like you do this game.

Completely different games. FC5 is really more Grand Theft Montana than it is a game narrowly focused on looking through a scope for a headshot. Graphics certainly great in it, but in a game about sniping, well you'd expect them to get at least the sniping part right. Unfortunately that was about the extent of what they got right. The poor ratings reflect it.

Last edited:
I don't mind the helicopter controls so much. I use a Logitech MX Revolution mouse and I have the two side buttons programmed for up and down and only use the keyboard for tilt left and right.

I just wish that they would have setup the airplanes the same way as the Copter. The airplane controls setup is atrocious.

I mean I can use them OK after a little practice, but they make no sense. For games like this I always pick up my controller when I jump in a vehicle so I have some analog control.

The plane controls with a controller are backwards. They have the elevator and rudder on the stick, and the ailerons on the shoulder buttons. That's completely ass backwards from any other plane control scheme, including actual airplanes.

The helo controls are straight out of 1995 where you "look" with the helo. Hovering in place with the helo angled down 60°? No problem lol. It feels like you turned no clipping mode that has a helo cockpit overlay to it.

The cars/trucks feel 20+ years old as well. I just found the trophy truck and it took me all of 30 seconds to get stuck where I couldn't drive up a 30° hillside that had 0 trees on it. I know it's not the point of the game, but I mean it's 2018.

I enjoyed the game enough, mainly for the creative ways you can mess with the outposts. But it kinda feels like they created the game world and some basic mechanics, then crunch time hit and they had to rush the rest of it.. including how to integrate the main story missions into it all.

The point is that a 10 year old game from the same franchise has more realistic cloud formations, ballistics, day/night transitions, enemy AI, vehicle collision physics, vegetation destruction....among other things. Hardly gimmicks, as opposed to features which contribute to immersion. And its not clear what elements of the FC2 gameplay you think are the result of mods, browsing Nexus I don't see anything obvious.
Funny hearing people say this now when FC2 was considered console garbage when it came out a year after crysis did.

The chopper controls aren't too difficult for me with the kb/m since I used the chopper a lot in Wildlands when I wanted to go loud. Plane I'm still getting used, I never liked it in Wildlands when gathering supplies for Rebels but FC5's iteration is better.

I'm enjoying this game though, only about 1/4 way through it, some of the missions are just hilarious along with the voice acting/dialogue. Like Starkey(?) (the pyro guy) cranking his music to attract the angels at Moon trailer park; and the other guy where you have to kill all the infected live stock for example.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I think my major complaint now that i finished 2 areas is still being forced to progess.

The other ganes the story missions moved you forward, nothing else did. This game you can fuck around and ignore story missions and you are then forced to complete the story without touching the story mslissions.

For anyone thinking about.this game or just starting out DO THE STORY MISSIONS FIRST. Do not putz around them doing other things or you will miss out on them

Funny hearing people say this now when FC2 was considered console garbage when it came out a year after crysis did.

Not by everyone it wasn't. But I don't really recall anyone calling it console garbage. I recall a lot of people going apeshit over the respawning, calling it the worst game ever made and basically being outraged that it wasn't just another corridor shooter catering to the self-styled FPS pros, back when pretty much all shooters were, and long before the iconic (Ubisoft iconic) Ubisoft open world formula became a thing. Crysis was much more derivative in that respect, and was also suffering its own shitstorm from people with potato PCs who were outraged that they couldn't play it maxed-out and accusing it of being "poorly optimized".
As someone who always liked FC2, and defended back in the day, I think it's interesting just how much of its design is now standard across Ubisoft games. Although the series has basically been nothing but reskins since 3. But I'm still enjoying 5, despite the idiotic console garbage save system, and I'm also enjoying 2 again (and its superior save system) since I started replaying it. I doubt I'll be replaying FC5 a decade from now, because then there'll be a Far Cry 15 or whatever, which will basically be the same.

The combat music is so loud and annoying I can't even hear anything else beside its screetching. There's no Music Volume slider, so this is the first game I ever had to turn music off entirely.

Punching friendly NPCs and watching them squirm around on the floor is so hilarous. Especially right when they're in the middle of some important dialog.

The bearded guy was giving me a quest so I socked him, he fell on the floor and called for help. Now his friends keep running in and then I knock them out too. They're all rolling around screaming. I'm literally in tears right now.

LtASvFV.png

The chopper controls aren't too difficult for me with the kb/m since I used the chopper a lot in Wildlands when I wanted to go loud. Plane I'm still getting used, I never liked it in Wildlands when gathering supplies for Rebels but FC5's iteration is better.

I'm enjoying this game though, only about 1/4 way through it, some of the missions are just hilarious along with the voice acting/dialogue. Like Starkey(?) (the pyro guy) cranking his music to attract the angels at Moon trailer park; and the other guy where you have to kill all the infected live stock for example.

Then there is Adelaide Drubman, Hurk's mother.

Her dialog during the quest to recover her helicopter had me on the floor!

Razer's CEO tweeted a pic of their new game store and 'accidentally' included a promo code in the screenshot TEST123 which applied 50% off to any game purchases.
It worked for about an hour and it seems to have been removed already.
Guerrilla marketing at it's finest.

Back