Far Cry 5

did every one miss the airplanes in the picture .. possibly they replaced the buzzer mini copter from FC 4 with planes ?

According to the interwebs, the protag is a Native American. 10/10 trolling from Ubisoft. IDK How they got this game approved but man those are some giant balls.
Can't wait to play this lol.

I'm sure the same people claiming the protag is Native American are the same ones that said Min in FC4 was a white guy before any information was released. In other words: Take claims with a mountain of salt.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
This actually looks promising now, when factoring the industry has been ultra politically correct for some time now, and this would appear to be anything but.

View attachment 25741

Not sure what makes that not PC? We've had the tongue in cheek evil redneck theme played out many times now. It would be really un-PC if it took place on the Southern border and revolved around killing drug cartels and human smugglers from Mexico. The shitdtorm on sites like Polygon would be epic, and it would be closer to reality that this. :p

Not impressed by this new title. Think I'll stick with Far Cry 4 this time around.

Last edited:
farcry 4 is a reskinned farcry 3

I hope they are making more things different this time around

672t9ljr0pzy.png
Cosplay has already begun!

those trailers give me a Fargo type vibe

if so, could be amazing......or just ok lol

Today's the 26th so I'm guessing their YouTube channel will put up a cinematic/gameplay reveal trailer sometime.

I really like what I see. As long as it doesn't run like trash, I'm in.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I wonder how they are going to handle the whole "kiling waves of anonymous baddies" thing Far Cry tends to have, when you're supposedly in the American heartland?

It's not like they're mercs or whatever. And if the protagonist is a cop... that's not morally ambiguous, that's straight up murdering shit.

I wonder how they are going to handle the whole "kiling waves of anonymous baddies" thing Far Cry tends to have, when you're supposedly in the American heartland?

It's not like they're mercs or whatever. And if the protagonist is a cop... that's not morally ambiguous, that's straight up murdering shit.

My first thought was pretty similar to this one. The previous Far Cry games were set in places that supported this type of gameplay better. Third world countries with large scale drug manufacturing, cartel activity, and lawlessness. Modern day Montana is not that setting. Running around killing people, gun battles in the street, etc... it just doesn't happen. No part of it is believable. If they are going to try and put this into an alternate reality, government overthrown type situation (ala Homefront) then this makes a little more sense. But if this is supposed to be todays America, the game is putting us into a setting that is so far from reality I don't think I could even get into the fiction.

I like what I'm seeing so far of the story. I really just hope they mix up the bog-standard Far Cry formula a little bit.

I do agree with the above posts, though...don't really see how the military would not step in immediately if something like this happened in the US.

they're pretty much the same as mercs-- armed militia members...and I'm sure the game will have them as a murderous cult so the cops have every right to charge the compound...the cop will likely go in solo because his daughter will be one of the cult members and he's trying to break her out

and c'mon, really, violence for fucks sake, no more of these kiddie games, theres plenty more than just blood inside of these human fools :p

this looks like it may be interesting :)

I'd love to see americana done well, but this may be what europeans think means america :)

With respect to the franchise.... I'm not interested unless they add the map creator, like in FC4. That was the greatest feature in all of the FC series.
I know, I know, sounds weird right? But if you haven't tried it out, don't judge me.
Being able to make my own maps, with any climate / environment/ enemy / animal that I wanted, and with great detail, was the best fun I had with Far Cry.

I must have sunk a few hundred hours in to the map creator in FC 4, I made probably a few dozen maps in which I sunk my heart in to.

Please bring this back UBI!

FC4 map builder literally shits on Fallout 4s sanctuary builder.

To me, this looks like
Far Cry 5 - Red Neck Redemption
Lol

Last edited:
My first thought was pretty similar to this one. The previous Far Cry games were set in places that supported this type of gameplay better. Third world countries with large scale drug manufacturing, cartel activity, and lawlessness. Modern day Montana is not that setting. Running around killing people, gun battles in the street, etc... it just doesn't happen. No part of it is believable. If they are going to try and put this into an alternate reality, government overthrown type situation (ala Homefront) then this makes a little more sense. But if this is supposed to be todays America, the game is putting us into a setting that is so far from reality I don't think I could even get into the fiction.

Agreed. Since 3 the story has been tongue in cheek cheesy, but they're moving a bit too hard in that direction. Plus I find the setting and enemies boring. 3 it made sense for boat racing and all that stuff, because plenty of poor tropical countries allow that for cheap prices and are often crime ridden. So it fit excellently in FC3. FC4 I found the setting to be interesting as well. The religious vs pro-drug trade war wasn't superbly done, but it had some grounds in reality and fit decently enough.

This just seems too dumb to take seriously. Didn't one of the Dakotas or some state around that area go a whole year without a single homicide a few years back?

Plus, the game just looks too much like 3. I really enjoyed the game, but after 3, Blood Dragon, 4 and Primal they kind of need to change it up. I'll play this certainly, but it seems like it will be a weaker entry in the series.

typically these games are set in a post apocalypse world where government has collapsed and order is maintained by some sort of feudal states. I doubt they would claim it to be set in any type of modern context.

Back