Far Cry 4 set in the Himalayas

ashmelev75

[H]ard|Gawd
So... anyone else has issues with sound with Dolby Digital Live, like in Watch Dogs?
(I actually had no issues with sound in Watch Dogs, but FC4 the sound dissappears after the 1st cut scene and 'should I stay or should I go').

piratepress

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking forward to playing this, but am presently busy with the Borderland Pre-Sequel. I'll probably pick this up after Christmas when the stability has gone up and the price has gone down. ;)

chockomonkey

[H]F Junkie
again with Ubisoft/Nvidia holding back graphics features??...Nvidia HairWorks and other image quality enhancements will only be added in later via post-release updates...same with AC: Unity...don't they realize most people will be playing it on launch day and not 2-3 weeks later
I'm looking forward to playing this, but am presently busy with the Borderland Pre-Sequel. I'll probably pick this up after Christmas when the stability has gone up and the price has gone down. ;)
Sadly this is the way things are now. It's almost always better to wait. You save money and get a better experience playing the game for the first time.

Sieg

Limp Gawd
Looks OK on my Ultrawide 21:9 except for the HUD. There is an adjustment for FOV in the menu.

Are you sure? If you stretch the image a little vertically it looks much better imo

also ppl from WSGF also report that 21:9 doesn't work correctly. :rolleyes:

FRZ

2[H]4U
anyone else have the game locked still? Mine just says preloaded with no option to play

DPI

Nitpick Police
This game crashes to desktop every time I open one of the doors downstairs at the beginning of the game.. so frustrating I just paid $60 for this.
"$60", right. Except the legit purchased version does not have that problem.

Last edited:

vicks

n00b
Mines on uplay, and I tried that with no luck :(
For my uplay copy I got an email today with an unlock serial that I had to input before I could play my preloaded copy. Once I did that, I was good to go. Check your email maybe?

DPI

Nitpick Police
What, they planted bugs in the copy leaked to the internet?
No, the crackers created bugs by not knowing how to crack. This "crash at first door" is all over Reddit, with the pirates crying about it last 3-4 days (and ofcourse blaming Ubisoft for a 'shit game' when it had nothing to do with Ubi).

Point is there are legit bugs on launch day worthy of discussion, and its bad enough those exist. But people tantrumimg about problems unique to their stolen copy only adds irrelevant noise.

Last edited:

Kor

2[H]4U
So is it just me or is the vertical sensitivity different to the horizontal, looking up an down seems slower to respond.

FRZ

2[H]4U
Soooooooo apparently I received a messed up activation code. Fanfuckingtastic

dmonkey

[H]ard|Gawd
hey is out? whats the verdict? get it now or wait for a better patch?
Works fine for me, but the game isn't all that great. If you played Far Cry 2 and 3 this is essentially a high-altitude mash-up of the two. TBH I can never get into any of these Ubisoft games, they're all so (literally) formulaic. Maybe I'm getting old.

lee0539

[H]ard|Gawd
Soooooooo apparently I received a messed up activation code. Fanfuckingtastic
yup mine says that it is already activated on another account when it is right there on my order history. How can you screw this up? seriously.

devil22

2[H]4U
Game looks good, but I can't play with whatever form of mouse acceleration is always on. I changed all the mouse smooth and acceleration options to 0 in the GamerProfile.xml, yet I have the symptom of if I move the mouse slowly across my mouse pad I can turn 90 degrees, if I move it fast, I can spin 360 degrees. Makes it impossible to aim and feels like the game is fighting me, sigh.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Works fine for me, but the game isn't all that great. If you played Far Cry 2 and 3 this is essentially a high-altitude mash-up of the two
high altitude version of Die Hard...or Cliffhanger (anybody remember that movie with Sly Stallone fighting baddies on snow covered mountain-tops?...was one of Sly's best action movies)

I keep going back and forth on which game to choose from the 'Pick Your Path' bundle but I think I'm going to with AC: Unity over Far Cry 4...seems more unique with better graphics

quadnad

Supreme [H]ardness
This mouse accel is really driving me up a fucking wall....anyone find a solution? I'd like to play but the controls are horrendous.

lilbabycat

2[H]4U
This mouse accel is really driving me up a fucking wall....anyone find a solution? I'd like to play but the controls are horrendous.
"Terrorist" (as defined by Ubisoft) and "Pirate" here to help,

C:\Users\(USER_NAME)\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4
Edit your Gamerprofile.xml to:
MouseAccelerationOn="0"
UseMouseSmooth="0"
Smoothness="0"
Smoothness_Ironsight="0"

If you have the weird trees someone else and myself mentioned earlier in the thread, update your drivers. (fixed my issues on Nvidia 770)

Q-BZ

Fully [H]

MouseAccelerationOn="0"
UseMouseSmooth="0"
Smoothness="0"
Smoothness_Ironsight="0"

If you have the weird trees someone else and myself mentioned earlier in the thread, update your drivers. (fixed my issues on Nvidia 770)
If you can tell me how to get rid of the intro movies and such, too, you will win the Internet for at least the rest of this night. ;)

MavericK

Zero Cool
Sooo, I got the email with the XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX code from Ubisoft...I put it into the "Redeem Code" under the FC4 preload, and it says "this code is already in use with another UPlay account".

What the fuck? No wonder people pirate this shit.

Suprfire

2[H]4U
If you can tell me how to get rid of the intro movies and such, too, you will win the Internet for at least the rest of this night. ;)
I believe it's the argument -skipintro in the shortcut. Either that or rename/replace the video files.

TorxT3D

Gawd
bought my code off newegg. was emailed the code within 40minutes. worked a charm in uplay, downloaded, installed, etc no problems.

game looks amazing at ultra.
im using an msi 980 4g, so ive yet to really tweak around since im fine at ultra settings.
nvidia seems to chop alot of fps off and desaturates everything to look bland

quadnad

Supreme [H]ardness

MouseAccelerationOn="0"
UseMouseSmooth="0"
Smoothness="0"
Smoothness_Ironsight="0"

Thanks - I did these tweaks yesterday but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I updated my drivers and (although this may be the placebo effect) things "feel" better this morning. It definitely isn't totally gone, but for some reason it feels better. Probably in my head.