Far Cry 4 set in the Himalayas

Spoilers.

Finally finished the game. Towards the end it got repetitive. The character is probably one of the worst characters I've ever played as. The voice actor was good, however.

I spoiled the ending for myself and read that you can kill both people (forgot their names). I shot the the girl, mainly because there isn't an option to romance her. Probably one of the best looking female characters in gaming history and you can't romance her?!

I let pagan live, because he's funny. I still have the game installed in case I want to come back and do more stealthy fort liberations. Also, what happened to the asian chick that was with pagan? I believe she also poisons/drugs your character and leaves you in a prison. You never see her again after that.

Somewhere there is a mission that finishes that story line. I think it's a thankga mission? It starts in a cave, but I can't remember exactly what starts the funky tease dream about Yuma. I thought Pagan Min referenced Yuma and the player later.

Someone claimed that recent NV drivers seemed to have cured FC4 crashing issues on Maxwell cards. I tested a couple days ago with GameWorks items enabled ... nope, still crashes and requires logging out and back in to reclaim desktop usage. I'm actually going to swap out the TiX for a 960, and see if the most recent chip actually fixed something.

I let pagan live, because he's funny. I still have the game installed in case I want to come back and do more stealthy fort liberations. Also, what happened to the asian chick that was with pagan? I believe she also poisons/drugs your character and leaves you in a prison. You never see her again after that.

She is one of the 4 main bosses you have to kill during the main quest. Apparently she pissed Pagan off somehow, so he just announces her exact location on the radio, so you can just go right to her cave an off her. When you enter the cave she blows something in your face when you first see her, so you're tripping balls the whole time you're fighting. You'll see a bunch of tribal warriors that you have to stab or shoot with the bow, and after you kill enough of them you'll wake up and she'll be already dead.

Guessing you just didn't notice her body in the cave after that fight, but maybe there's a way to skip that mission and take her fortress without fighting her first. I dunno.

Looking forward to my next play-through so I can try a different combination for the ending. Great game!

There's only really 1 "save file" so replaying the game means replaying the whole thing just about.

(You can, of course, save file scum and copy/paste the save game files so you can manually checkpoint yourself before major turning points, but it's such a ridiculous hassle. Hell, FC3 had multiple save slots.)

Yeah, Ubi's new trend of downgrading the save system in all their games is one of the dumbest things I've seen in gaming in quite a while. No idea how they could think that was a good idea. I didn't actually notice it in my first FC4 play-through, but it was a pain in AC-Syndicate 'cause I wanted to show off the game to a few different groups of people by starting multiple new play-throughs. Have to manage them manually by making duplicate folders in windows. So freakin' stupid. :facepalm:

AC-Unity is even worse (just started that one last week), they tossed out all kinds of features in that one, I guess just to see how loudly people would complain about it. :grumpy:

Someone claimed that recent NV drivers seemed to have cured FC4 crashing issues on Maxwell cards. I tested a couple days ago with GameWorks items enabled ... nope, still crashes and requires logging out and back in to reclaim desktop usage. I'm actually going to swap out the TiX for a 960, and see if the most recent chip actually fixed something.

Ran FC4 on a GTX 960 for 28 HOURS without a crash with all NV GameWorks features enabled (particularly simulated fur). As far as I know, Titan X / 980 Ti / 980 / 970 cannot do that ... I say, hardware bug on original Maxwell revision.

Ran FC4 on a GTX 960 for 28 HOURS without a crash with all NV GameWorks features enabled (particularly simulated fur). As far as I know, Titan X / 980 Ti / 980 / 970 cannot do that ... I say, hardware bug on original Maxwell revision.

Not quite apples to apples comparison - did you run at the same resolution, same settings? Also, 28 hours doing... what exactly? And then there's lighting and effects (i.e. explosions, water reflections, etc.)?

She is one of the 4 main bosses you have to kill during the main quest. Apparently she pissed Pagan off somehow, so he just announces her exact location on the radio, so you can just go right to her cave an off her. When you enter the cave she blows something in your face when you first see her, so you're tripping balls the whole time you're fighting. You'll see a bunch of tribal warriors that you have to stab or shoot with the bow, and after you kill enough of them you'll wake up and she'll be already dead.

Guessing you just didn't notice her body in the cave after that fight, but maybe there's a way to skip that mission and take her fortress without fighting her first. I dunno.

Hm, not sure how I missed that part, thanks for explaining.

you played the game for 28 hours straight?...or you left the game on while you did other things?...if it's 28 hours of playing then you need to contact the Guinness World Record people for some type of award

You know what's funny? In a weird way playing Primal actually makes me want to play this instead.

I miss the guns. ;) Not a knock against Primal, either.

you played the game for 28 hours straight?...or you left the game on while you did other things?

I left it running, and played off and on. The problematic cards won't even idle more than 3-4 hours in FC4, with certain gameworks options enabled. I wonder if the flagship cards (970-TiX) ever got a silent revision, or if it's still the same.

Not quite apples to apples comparison - did you run at the same resolution, same settings? Also, 28 hours doing... what exactly? And then there's lighting and effects (i.e. explosions, water reflections, etc.)?

We've beat this to death at the GeForce forums already. Kepler, and now it seems 960 revision, are rock solid. Pop in a Tix / 980 / 970 and you'll get a unique desktop freeze-to-desktop that requires logging out to recover. It's not a normal CTD + TDR.

We've beat this to death at the GeForce forums already. Kepler, and now it seems 960 revision, are rock solid. Pop in a Tix / 980 / 970 and you'll get a unique desktop freeze-to-desktop that requires logging out to recover. It's not a normal CTD + TDR.

I knew the game was buggy and I had tried in on the following: 780ti, 980, 980ti - all with varying levels of success. After several driver releases and the last patch, I was able to play without issue and haven't had a hard lock-up in a while. Didn't know it was that actively discussed on the GeForce boards (I hate whatever forum software they use).

Back