Far Cry 4 set in the Himalayas

Starting to read reports of this game being full of bugs. Shadow problems, black screens, lost saves, etc. Take them with a grain of salt, but there are a LOT of people reporting similar issues. Obviously these users got the game through nefarious means since the games isn't release yet, but still the issues they report tend to be real. So I'm betting on a day one patch.

all big titles these days seem to have a Day One patch

I wonder how this game will fare with it being released on the same day as DA: Inquisition...people loved Far Cry 3 as opposed to DA2, so will people have short memories and prefer FC4?

Starting to read reports of this game being full of bugs. Shadow problems, black screens, lost saves, etc. Take them with a grain of salt, but there are a LOT of people reporting similar issues. Obviously these users got the game through nefarious means since the games isn't release yet, but still the issues they report tend to be real. So I'm betting on a day one patch.
All of those bugs are due to patch incompatibilities on the pirated version. Removing the patch fixes them, but breaks who knows what else... Counter-productive...
Issues with FoV, shadows, and mouse acceleration are unrelated but can be fixed via config edits.

High hopes for the day one patch on retail copies.

Funny thing people likening this game to AC:Unity before it even hits the street. Too many people on the anti-Ubisoft bandwagon.

So developers are now leaving their games a bloody mess so pirated versions would get owned? Hahaha, sad if true. Sad regardless.

Oh, ubisoft. I wonder how much they're going to get owned if it still sucks when it comes out.

So developers are now leaving their games a bloody mess so pirated versions would get owned? Hahaha, sad if true. Sad regardless.

Oh, ubisoft. I wonder how much they're going to get owned if it still sucks when it comes out.

No, everyone is going to buy it on word of mouth about how many bugs it has. The more bugs, the more publicity; thus more sales. That's what it seems that everyone does these days. :)

Far Cry 4- Frame-rate tests and tech analysis on Ubisoft's next big release

tested only on PS4 thus far but it should give an early preview of what to excpect

"there's the sense that Ubisoft has built upon and refined an existing engine technology and in PlayStation 4 we finally have the hardware required to enjoy a good balance between excellent visuals and good, consistent performance"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-far-cry-4

sounds good...looks like performance and graphics will be on par with or slightly higher then FC3

I was ready to preorder, but the bugs all the pirates are having are gonna make me wait until after they patch it up. I tend to read pirate comments a lot on games to gauge how they are gonna be on release day. For example, I followed the pirated release of Shadows of Mordor. Pirates said it was rock solid, so I bought it. One of the best games I've played in recent history, and well worth the money.

I highly doubt every issue with FC4 is from the pirated .exe. Regardless of your view on pirates, some of the groups are VERY good at what they do. And with Ubisofts recent fuckups, I fully expect the game to be buggy as hell on launch based on the "pirate reviews". Seems like Ubisoft has decided to start releasing unfinished games from now on.

I really hope this games get's patched up fast, as it looks like a very fun game. I really enjoyed FC3 as well.

I just saw the TV commercial for this game and it looked like there were elephants in it.

What "people"? The game isn't out yet. You mean pirates? A shitty crack on prerelease code is causing a black map and intermittent save issues for people that stole the game? Where is the humanity?!

The day one patch is already a known quantity, already discussed in this thread. Was confirmed by a Ubi dev.

Yes, but dont read the previous pages or it will spoil the surprise for you.
Shhhhhh.

You mean to tell me someone mentioned elephants with out using spoiler tags?

...I don't buy it. Your lying.

Yes, free with a GTX 970/980. :p

You can get it for $49.99 at cdkeyhouse. I've used them before, they're legit. Not the biggest savings, but it's something.

Hmmm if I buy it from the Origin store can I activate it thru Uplay? It's 39.99 from the Mexican Origin Store. :p

What "people"? The game isn't out yet. You mean pirates? A shitty crack on prerelease code is causing a black map and intermittent save issues for people that stole the game? Where is the humanity?!

The day one patch is already a known quantity, already discussed in this thread. Was confirmed by a Ubi dev.

Because Ubi is so trustworthy when it comes to delivering optimised and stable PC releases right? Wow a day-1 patch....wake me when they are onto the 6th or 7th patch and I might start to believe that the PC version has achieved a near final code mile stone.

Because Ubi is so trustworthy when it comes to delivering optimised and stable PC releases right? Wow a day-1 patch....wake me when they are onto the 6th or 7th patch and I might start to believe that the PC version has achieved a near final code mile stone.

Me no care what happened with WatchDogs or AssCreed or internet circlejerks. What I do know is FC3 worked perfectly for me on launch day. Because of that good experience, I'm giving the team responsible for FC4 the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, I take each game case by case and judge it on its own merits rather than getting emotional about the corporation behind it.

Enjoy yourself on the #UbisoftLied bandwagon - YOU'LL SHOW THEM.

Because of that good experience, I'm giving the team responsible for FC4 the benefit of the doubt.

You better be buying the console versions then seeing as Ubi Kiev and NOT Ubi Massive is responsible for the PC version of FC4. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I take each game case by case and judge it on its own merits rather than getting emotional about the corporation behind it.

Enjoy yourself on the #UbisoftLied bandwagon - YOU'LL SHOW THEM.

A AAA publisher's dream customer you are.

I don't think he is the dream customer.

I am, since I pre-ordered Ass Creed Unity, Farcry 4 and The Crew.

After Unity, Watch_Dogs, DRM that continually locks paying customers out of their purchases, calling people who want cultural Marxism and corrupt pricks out of the gaming space terrorists, and calling almost all PC gamers pirates, Ubisoft can suck a big firm one.

Hmmmm anyone see any deals other than retail price for the game anywhere?

Well if you are a longterm customer at GameStop with a rewards card, you can take advantage of a $25 off any item instore.

This should beat any pricing available

To redeem the code , you must have 25k points on your account.

Also for an addition 5 k points you can get another 5 bucks off.

Kazaam.
I'm getting me far cry 4 for 30 bucks tomorrow.

This game might be the first $50+ game I've bought in a while. Esp with the new coop it looks to have.

Is the COOP in FC4 real coop or is it the crap FC3 had?

Last edited:
After Unity, Watch_Dogs, DRM that continually locks paying customers out of their purchases, calling people who want cultural Marxism and corrupt pricks out of the gaming space terrorists, and calling almost all PC gamers pirates, Ubisoft can suck a big firm one.

We'll just have to procure it by other means that aren't conducive to Ubisoft's wallets. ;)

Back