Fallout 76

Still looks like trash though. The fact that it looks worse than vanilla Fallout 4 is/was unacceptable.
I'm a fan of good graphics, but for some reason it bothers me less that theyre nothing special in this game. It still "feels" right.

Fallout 76 Screenshot 2020.04.16 - 22.39.59.59.png

Ugh Spawned in for the first time since a week after launch, and whattayaknow, Soon as i loaded in had a bounty on my head, and 3 people sitting there, just a complete firing line on me..

Think I may have to just start a new character, I was soo lost on what I was doing before i quit.

Anyone else conclude that the Steam version runs bad for some reason. I have a 2080ti and a 8700k and get about 40fps on the Steam version. I deleted that version and went back to the Bethesda launcher version, and I stay at a consistent 100fps. Playing at 21:9 ultrawite (3440x1440) for what it's worth...

Anyone else conclude that the Steam version runs bad for some reason. I have a 2080ti and a 8700k and get about 40fps on the Steam version. I deleted that version and went back to the Bethesda launcher version, and I stay at a consistent 100fps. Playing at 21:9 ultrawite (3440x1440) for what it's worth...
There might have been an ini tweak you made to the Bethesda Launcher version you forgot about and didn't make the tweak to the Steam version ini? That's happened to me before in another game, just a thought.

Make sure you unlock the framerate. It can cause a lot of problems with high refresh rate monitors. https://hardforum.com/threads/fallout-76.1961424/page-26#post-1044556964

No difference between versions for me, RTX 2070. Locked at 60fps, 2880x1620 on 4k monitor.

So unlocking the framerate still causes weird behavior in-game?

60 fps is borderline painful after being spoiled by 120-144hz....

So unlocking the framerate still causes weird behavior in-game?

60 fps is borderline painful after being spoiled by 120-144hz....

So if you don't make the change and you have a 144hz monitor. The game will lock the FPS to 72 and the same thing with 120hz monitor being locked to 60.

If you make the change i stated above, it will unlock the frame rate. It was night and day performance change for me. Smooth as butter, but I also run a G-Sync monitor.

G-sync here as well.

And, AGREED after the ini change and capping the fps with RTSS = whole different experience. Thanks
As of a couple driver versions ago you shouldn't need a third party tool to cap FPS anymore, you can do it from the NVCP itself.

Another whiny video that takes 30 minutes and highlights nothing but negatives. I could make a similar video of AC Odyssey filled with "awful performance issues" (because apparently detail sliders don't exist) and glitches galore. Hell, I could probably do the same with any game. If you have an agenda, it's pretty easy.
I feel like this guy should be doing scene-by-scene explanations of why the Attack of the Clones is better than the Last Jedi.

Another whiny video that takes 30 minutes and highlights nothing but negatives. I could make a similar video of AC Odyssey filled with "awful performance issues" (because apparently detail sliders don't exist) and glitches galore. Hell, I could probably do the same with any game. If you have an agenda, it's pretty easy.
I feel like this guy should be doing scene-by-scene explanations of why the Attack of the Clones is better than the Last Jedi.
I unsubbed from his channel a while ago because every game to him is either Witcher 3 ("best game ever you have to buy this game") or Fallout 76 ("worst game ever this piece of shit should have never been made"). He spent about 30 seconds talking about how great Wastelanders is, and then the rest of the video is just a 2018-style meme rant of Fallout 76 that we've seen a thousand times already.

He is in AUS, the glitches he is seeing is probably due to poor sync in the netcode. Which is a problem with the FO76 design, but it may not affect people in other countries.

Fallout 76 definitely has issues, but he's ignoring 5-6 good things to point out every single negative thing. That's just a miserable way to be.
The paid stuff is straight up wrong, too. It simply is NOT pay to win and there is nothing in there that gives you advantages over someone who isn't paying a penny. It's a way for impatient people to bypass hunting down supplies or it's a way to get aesthetic trinkets. Besides, Atoms are readily given out if you simply just play the game. That allows people to get the aesthetic stuff without paying, too.

Reactions: Auer
like this
I'm just waiting for Anthem 2.0. Imagine all the seizures the YT clickbaiters and forum/reddit/steam trolls could have with that.

People are funny, if you don't like a game don't play it. Games are fucking cheap entertainment.

If I don't care for a movie, book etc I simply don't finish it. Yeah yeah yeah (insert dev publisher here) lied to us gamers aaaahhhhh my life is over snot blowers. I have no sympathy.

Sorry.

Hey r/fo76! Jeff Gardiner and Ferret Baudoin are here today to answer your questions and chat about Wastelanders.

I'm just waiting for Anthem 2.0. Imagine all the seizures the YT clickbaiters and forum/reddit/steam trolls could have with that.

People are funny, if you don't like a game don't play it. Games are fucking cheap entertainment.

If I don't care for a movie, book etc I simply don't finish it. Yeah yeah yeah (insert dev publisher here) lied to us gamers aaaahhhhh my life is over snot blowers. I have no sympathy.

Sorry.
It is more about holding developers accountable for the bs they try to peddle. Don't release half done games and promise to fix them. Sure they fixed a bunch of issues with the game but still shouldn't be praised. They treat their customers like idiots and deserve the backlash. I shake my head at people that continue to buy this crap. Why should a company try and be better when the idiot masses out there lap their shit up still. If you om with it then more power to you but companies like Bethesda will not get a dime from me. Gaming has turned into a sad state cause the community hasn't held companies feet to the fire enough.

It is more about holding developers accountable for the bs they try to peddle. Don't release half done games and promise to fix them. Sure they fixed a bunch of issues with the game but still shouldn't be praised. They treat their customers like idiots and deserve the backlash. I shake my head at people that continue to buy this crap. Why should a company try and be better when the idiot masses out there lap their shit up still. If you om with it then more power to you but companies like Bethesda will not get a dime from me. Gaming has turned into a sad state cause the community hasn't held companies feet to the fire enough.

If I enjoy something I praise it. Pretty fucking simple.

Can the game actually be called fix"ed"? I still havent bought into the game as many people still say its lacking, better, but lacking. The Fallout 1st stuff is a stretch as well. Also, did they ever right the helmet and bag collector issue problems besides offering in game nonsense?

Not sure I'd say the game is "fixed" but it's way closer to what we originally expected/wanted. If I bought the game today at full price I wouldn't be upset at all. I might feel it's not as good as FO4 in some/many areas, but it adds functionality FO4 didn't have, too. There's enough content to justify $60 and it plays as it should.
They've still made a boatload of mistakes outside of the game, though. I don't think they've made any of that stuff right. Fallout First deserved the biggest eye roll ever when they released it.

Can the game actually be called fix"ed"? I still havent bought into the game as many people still say its lacking, better, but lacking. The Fallout 1st stuff is a stretch as well. Also, did they ever right the helmet and bag collector issue problems besides offering in game nonsense?
No clue about the collector stuff. I'll admit those things are not in my interest sphere.
Fallout 1st is handy for many reasons and cheap.
The game itself, as it stands today is on par with most other games of its kind that I have played. A functioning fun online survival/builder/shooter mix.

I don't know how "fixed" it is, but it doesnt feel particularly broken.
Almost all games in this genre lack "Endgame", so if you like to speed thru things and want constant new content it's likely going to bore you.

NMS, Conan Exiles and many more are similar, at the moment tho the NPC's in FO76 make it stand out from them.

NMS is not a money grab micro-transaction platform. Everything they had promised they delivered on, and more.

Anthem, on the other hand... is still a dog.

like this
I had fun with FO76 at launch and played it regularly for at least a month. Anthem, on the other hand, was a chore to play. From poor performance, to awful gameplay, to a plot that was barely even there. About the only good thing I can say about it is that the flying mechanic was fun.
Frankly, I don't think you can fix Anthem without totally redoing it. FO76 just lacked content and polish in some areas. Anthem is flawed at its very core.

Fallout 1st is handy for many reasons and cheap.

$13 a month is rather steep to me for in game currency, storage stash and a private world. To each their own though.

Almost all games in this genre lack "Endgame", so if you like to speed thru things and want constant new content it's likely going to bore you.

This is why I like Fallout games, I explore everything at a slow pace. Which is why I hesitate on 76 as other players won't. I get I can choose to interact with them at some degree but it would ruin the immersion for me that the previous titles offered. Like the GTA series, I have not once entered the online multiplayer realm. This is how 76 should be IMO.

I'll wait for a 50% off and give it a try I guess. As you and others stated, at least they're trying to repair their failings.

$13 a month is rather steep to me for in game currency, storage stash and a private world. To each their own though.

This is why I like Fallout games, I explore everything at a slow pace. Which is why I hesitate on 76 as other players won't. I get I can choose to interact with them at some degree but it would ruin the immersion for me that the previous titles offered. Like the GTA series, I have not once entered the online multiplayer realm. This is how 76 should be IMO.

I'll wait for a 50% off and give it a try I guess. As you and others stated, at least they're trying to repair their failings.

Just to let you know you can play FO76 just like FO4. Slow pace explore everything, and get quests advanced the story etc etc. The only difference is you will be playing with other people. All the stuff on the Atom store can be bought by playing the game. So far I have earned over 1700 atom points just from achievments and rewards.

If you want a straight solo experience then you would need to pay for fallout 1st since then you can have your own private world. But, so far I love playing with people because it makes events/quests that much quicker AND people will buy from your vendor store. I know I have made over 5k in caps just from my vendors.

You can still pick up FO76 for around $19.99 online. It is a bethesda key which you can then transfer over to steam. The game is very much worth $20 right now if you are a fallout fan.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying Bethesda has redeemed itself, cause this game was utter trash when it was launched. But, wastelands so far has been a surprise on how well it is.

like this
The online portion of Fallout 76 is what you make it. You can choose to interact with other players a lot or almost never at all. I know they've made some tweaks to it, but PvP at least used to be totally optional and required both parties to initiate it. Don't want to deal with it? Just walk away. Ditto with world events. You don't have to do any of them and no missions require other people. I had fun running around with other players, but I never felt obligated to do so. If you want to play with one other person, that's pretty easy. My wife and I did quite a bit of exploring and "nuke running" (a loot run when an area is filled with strong enemies that drop good gear) as a pair. It makes some things easier, but it's never required or really even needed if you don't want to bother.

like this
My 2 cents, as a long time old school FO fan. I picked this up last year as a heavily discounted, Eurozone, reseller key. As a game, it does well what Bethesda does well, which is provide a large, fairly beautiful and interesting open world to explore, kill $hit and loot. That said, it was shipped unfinished and empty. The 'populated by robots with terminals and tapes' complaint was real. The Settlers update corrects this to a degree, but don't expect FO:NV levels of writing/choices/consequences. 99% of quests boil down to go to place, listen to tape, kill leveled trash mob, bring back thing, get randomized reward. Rinse, repeat. A few include crafting a plot maguffin or set of power armor. The Settlers is even worse in this regard. There are no choices to speak of, or that impact much of anything. This is probably as much a result of it being multiplayer than lazy writing. If anything it lacks the FO4 sarcasm choices that may have garnered a chuckle or two (see the all sarcasm gag reel on Youtube). The Minecraft building thing is there, but you can pretty much ignore it. You can ignore multiplayer. You can ignore all of the daily/weekly events and challenges. I did. The Atoms you earn automatically as you play can now be spent on repair kits for the crap you happen to keep, or cosmetics if you feel the need, otherwise ignore. Game mechanics and graphics are warmed over FO4, for better or worse. It's basically a generic MMORG with a FO skin. Kind of grindy. If you are bored, there's more than enough content to kill WuFlu lockdown time with, but buy one of the discount keys posted above.

If you want an old school FO fix, play AtomRPG or the FO1/2 mod Fallout:Nevada.

Back