Fallout 76

Yeah it's in the 3rd DLC old world blues you put items in the sink and get different stuff back.

More views of current C.A.M.P.

Fallout 76 Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 15.02.22.24.png

So I finally tried the game and as I feared, the multiplayer ruined the game for my playstyle. I explore slow/stealth and check out all storage locations for loot and mats. I also try to sneak kill everything vs guns blazing. When I left the vault, I went to talk to the robot who tells you about the two girls. There was either staged power armor sitting there or some characters power armor. As I was listening to 2 girls talk for quest, some level 4 jackass kept entering and exiting his power suit just to be annoying. I then moved to the downward left of the two girls, off the path to get away from other players and came across the chemical facility gaurded by farm bots. I was clearing nice and slow when a level 6 player who went in guns blazing dragged a whole fleet of robots in with him and me with just a machete dies. Tried to respawn to get my drop bag and died again. That experience with the early impression of awful PERK system, I uninstalled. What a franchise killer.

So I finally tried the game and as I feared, the multiplayer ruined the game for my playstyle. I explore slow/stealth and check out all storage locations for loot and mats. I also try to sneak kill everything vs guns blazing. When I left the vault, I went to talk to the robot who tells you about the two girls. There was either staged power armor sitting there or some characters power armor. As I was listening to 2 girls talk for quest, some level 4 jackass kept entering and exiting his power suit just to be annoying. I then moved to the downward left of the two girls, off the path to get away from other players and came across the chemical facility gaurded by farm bots. I was clearing nice and slow when a level 6 player who went in guns blazing dragged a whole fleet of robots in with him and me with just a machete dies. Tried to respawn to get my drop bag and died again. That experience with the early impression of awful PERK system, I uninstalled. What a franchise killer.

With a Fallout 1st sub you get the private game option with no other players.

I said it before, FO76 is not a traditional FO game at all, but rather a multiplayer Survival/Explorer/builder with a FO theme. It's not singleplayer Fallout 5.

Maybe there will be a Singleplayer FO 5 one day? With a good story it would sell well.

Personally I think playing with friends and strangers even is more fun. More uncontrollable events :)

With a Fallout 1st sub you get the private game option with no other players.

I said it before, FO76 is not a traditional FO game at all, but rather a multiplayer Survival/Explorer/builder with a FO theme. It's not singleplayer Fallout 5.

Maybe there will be a Singleplayer FO 5 one day? With a good story it would sell well.

Personally I think playing with friends and strangers even is more fun. More uncontrollable events :)

I appreciate the response but no way in this planet am I paying a monthly fee to play the game solo. The amount of hours I put into FO 3/NV/4 each would result in hundreds of dollars in rentals. I will not support a money grab like this. FO76 was built initially MP. I get that. Outcry came from the hills of angry players and they added Wastelanders billing it now a SP/MP game. I shouldn't have to play on their servers for SP (a big complaint I have with Diablo).

If another FO comes out, which will be easily 5 years from now, I won't be a participating member. Probably need to pay a monthly fee just to save your game by then.

For those who love MP like yourself, I'm glad you enjoy it. My game style is solo and methodical. My prime gaming series are Metro, Diablo, FarCry, Borderlands and Fallout to fill the "I'm tired of the human race, leave me alone" gaming. I'm not going to ask for a game refund, I knew the risks when I bought 76. I now wait for Cyberpunk.

I'm in FO76, finally. Good gameplay; only died twice. Damn Scorched...

Made it to level 7 and am following one mission. Best weapon I have is short hunting rifle. Haven't found any lockpick cards yet so L0 locks for now. Setup a rinky dink camp a short distance from Vault 76 but will be moving the entire encampment to a 'safer' area soon. Hope to see some of you on to join in the mayhem. :)

Reactions: Auer
like this
I'm in FO76, finally. Good gameplay; only died twice. Damn Scorched...

Made it to level 7 and am following one mission. Best weapon I have is short hunting rifle. Haven't found any lockpick cards yet so L0 locks for now. Setup a rinky dink camp a short distance from Vault 76 but will be moving the entire encampment to a 'safer' area soon. Hope to see some of you on to join in the mayhem. :)
Save yourself some trouble later on and pick a play style/build now, find a guide on how to choose perks and stick with it :)

Finally got around to making Power Armor, as cool as they are you dont have to have them at all and I got so used to just running around without that I kinda almost forgot about it.
Biggest benefit here of course is survivability in toxic.radiated etc enviros and to be able to take a bit more punishment.
But like anything else in this game, there are costs. Repairs etc.

Fallout 76 Screenshot 2020.07.06 - 17.29.29.33.png

Thanks for the link. Already been there and had chosen the rifle build. Still need a few of the cards but otherwise going well so far.

What’s your IGN? I can craft some gear up for you and stock you up with some ammo, chems, plans, etc.

That offer goes for all of you guys if you have lower level dudes and could use some help.

Send me a friend request (Parja1) and look me up when you’re online.

My experience is vastly different... I have yet to have an actual interaction with anyone else other than just seeing them passing by on a road. But I dont mind that people can do things in the same area their own way.... its a lot more immersive as a game world. People do their own thing, and having that reflected in the game world adds a challenge and enjoyment aspect IMO. Thats the entire point of a multiplayer game... having things go wrong for you because of someone elses actions and then reacting and overcoming the situation!

Dotn get me wrong, I do enjoy stealth and sniping and what not, but being forced to do something that I dont normally do is also fun!

Reactions: Auer
like this
My experience is vastly different... I have yet to have an actual interaction with anyone else other than just seeing them passing by on a road. But I dont mind that people can do things in the same area their own way.... its a lot more immersive as a game world. People do their own thing, and having that reflected in the game world adds a challenge and enjoyment aspect IMO. Thats the entire point of a multiplayer game... having things go wrong for you because of someone elses actions and then reacting and overcoming the situation!

Dotn get me wrong, I do enjoy stealth and sniping and what not, but being forced to do something that I dont normally do is also fun!
I feel that way about FO76 as well as stated before.

It doesnt work out in every game of the same(ish) style tho..Conan Exiles...which on a public server is almost impossible unless all youre in to is Gank style PvP or using the building mechanics to try and stop other people from building lol. But in a way, it almost fits in with the Conan universe. (I like the game, but only play on a rented server these days).
However you can solo play in Conan Exiles, which you cant in FO76 w/o a sub.

How ya'll doing with cooking recipes?

I'm at 36/76 atm, so a bunch to go still :)

How ya'll doing with cooking recipes?

I'm at 36/76 atm, so a bunch to go still :)

I learn every new plan I get, but I don't really do cooking, so it's not a priority. I get annoyed by stuff that spoils, so my mainstays are dog food (75hp and 30% food with the Good Doggy perk) and Purified Water (I've got 4 of the big water purifiers at my camp, so I've got a pretty endless supply).

I learn every new plan I get, but I don't really do cooking, so it's not a priority. I get annoyed by stuff that spoils, so my mainstays are dog food (75hp and 30% food with the Good Doggy perk) and Purified Water (I've got 4 of the big water purifiers at my camp, so I've got a pretty endless supply).
I have the cannibal perk so I'm not desperate for food either, but find it fun and end up vendoring most of it for some travel caps

Also what do you need so much water for?
I have one medium purifier and end up sticking a lot of it in my stash as I dont want to carry 100lbs of water lol.
Even for crafting I cant use it all.

Also what do you need so much water for?
I have one medium purifier and end up sticking a lot of it in my stash as I dont want to carry 100lbs of water lol.
Even for crafting I cant use it all.
  • Get the plans for Stimpack: Dilluted, Rad-X: Dilluted, and Radaway: Dilluted. Get the Chemist perk (double quantity when you craft chems) and the Super Duper perk (at rank 3, 30% chance you'll get double results)
  • Craft a bunch of dilluted chems, getting an average of 5.2 dilluted per regular chem
  • Equip rank 3 of the Hard Bargain perk (better prices at vendors) and pop a Grape Mentats, then sell off all of the dilluted chems
  • Profit
If you sell off all of your excess chems, just sell the Purified Water instead as you'll still get about 10 caps a pop for each of them from vendors. Do that every day (1400 caps per day pool for all vendors) for a couple weeks and you'll max out your caps (30k).

Also, make sure you get the backpack from the Pioneer Scouts for extra carry weight. Once you complete the main Wastelanders quest, you can gain reputation with the Settlers and Raiders and start earning gold bullion. Once you hit Friendly with the Settlers, you can buy the Grocer's Backpack Mod that makes all Food items (food, water, drinks, Nuka Cola, etc.) weigh 90% less. Then you can carry 20 Purified water for 1lb.

Another great way to make caps is to collect Golf Outfits (sell for up to 29 caps each) at Whitespring and Straight Jackets (up to 50 caps each) at Fort Defiance.

Last edited:
  • Get the plans for Stimpack: Dilluted, Rad-X: Dilluted, and Radaway: Dilluted. Get the Chemist perk (double quantity when you craft chems) and the Super Duper perk (at rank 3, 30% chance you'll get double results)
  • Craft a bunch of dilluted chems, getting an average of 5.2 dilluted per regular chem
  • Equip rank 3 of the Hard Bargain perk (better prices at vendors) and pop a Grape Mentats, then sell off all of the dilluted chems
  • Profit
If you sell off all of your excess chems, just sell the Purified Water instead as you'll still get about 10 caps a pop for each of them from vendors. Do that every day (1400 caps per day pool for all vendors) for a couple weeks and you'll max out your caps (30k).

Also, make sure you get the backpack from the Pioneer Scouts for extra carry weight. Once you complete the main Wastelanders quest, you can gain reputation with the Settlers and Raiders and start earning gold bullion. Once you hit Friendly with the Settlers, you can buy the Grocer's Backpack Mod that makes all Food items (food, water, drinks, Nuka Cola, etc.) weigh 90% less. Then you can carry 20 Purified water for 1lb.

Another great way to make caps is to collect Golf Outfits (sell for up to 29 caps each) at Whitespring and Straight Jackets (up to 50 caps each) at Fort Defiance.

Never thought about selling water haha, I seem to have all the caps I need atm. Can only buys so much after a while.
Gold and scrip I'm even less in need of but have enough so far.
Some ppl complain about grinding for stuff, I really never felt it was that hard in this game.
More like things are just a bit slow sometimes, Like Ultracite farming etc.

Anyone want to go trampsing around Apalachia? Friend me: AceGoober

Got my character up to L15 pretty quickly yesterday thanks to a few batches of Super Mutants and Mole Miners. The repair system took a bit to get the hang of since I'm used to being able to repair weapons out in the field by like weapons or if I have the Jury Rigging perk as in Fallout New Vegas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parja
like this
Went to this one location to do a mission, right outside was a Sentry Bot painted cow colors, interacted and it went "Moo". I friggin' lost it. That's some funny stuff right there. :D

Went to this one location to do a mission, right outside was a Sentry Bot painted cow colors, interacted and it went "Moo". I friggin' lost it. That's some funny stuff right there. :D
Dont forget to milk the Brahmin's there with the bot, That milk is good stuff and also removes rads a bit

Yep, been doing that and cooking meat and planting vegetables as quickly as possible when I get them. Spoiled meat and vegetables turned to fertilizer.

I was going through a bit of a rough spot with ammo and repairing weapons but hit up the AVG Medical Center and got a boatload of aluminum, steel, plastics, gears, etc that set me up for awhile.

Also picked up a outstanding weapon: Black Powder Rifle. Drops targets around my level with one shot most of the time.

Dont forget to milk the Brahmin's there with the bot, That milk is good stuff and also removes rads a bit

like this
Logged in to check on things this morning and caught me a "Flatwoods Monster"
Happened before, but this time I remembered to take a screenshot :p

Fallout 76 Screenshot 2020.07.14 - 08.51.02.65.png Fallout 76 Screenshot 2020.07.14 - 08.51.48.48.png

Last edited:
Yesterday afternoon I went with an online buddy and cleared out Scorched from a location East of the water park. I was L22, he was L19. Shortly after the Scorched were gone a L50 Scorched Beast showed up and we decided to see if we could take him down. Forty-five minutes later, and help with a L63 person who showed up mid battle, we dropped him. Good loot from the beast, too.

Photo_2020-07-13-200039.png

Gawd I love the Line in the Sand quest with the Survival Tent glitch. Three of us popped Lunch Boxes, was Well Rested, on a Building Team (+Int), and ate a Cranberry Cobbler...leveled 3 times.

Oh, and got a cool shot of the Scorchbeast Queen emerging (lower left) right after a nuke strike...
Photo_2020-07-02-083412.png

And an...interesting...CAMP I came across. I counted at least 25 clocks...
Photo_2020-06-14-091417.png

Last edited:
Day before yesterday was a day of firsts.

First solo Deathclaw kill with a bolt action .50 sniper:

Photo_2020-07-15-140952.png

First solo Flatwoods Monster kill using the Blackpowder Rifle:

Photo_2020-07-15-135655.png

Been a blast (literally) so far. Getting the recipes for ammo memorized so I can craft ammo without looking at the ingredients list. Learned a lot from the people I've played with.

Playing a little Wonderwall for my Sheepsquatch pals on the new, improved, and relocated Rooftop Bar...
Photo_2020-07-17-112328.png
I want YOU to sniff the pipe!
Photo_2020-07-17-113725.png
View from the top of the bar (Top of the World in the upper-right, Whitespring just left of center, friendly neighboorhood Glowing Behemoth Super Mutant just below center, Poseidon Energy Plant far left)
Photo_2020-07-17-172701.png
Cute little Wendigo Colossus I came across in a nuke zone...
Photo_2020-07-20-133554.pngPhoto_2020-07-20-133603.png
Hey, careful! Might be some rads.
Photo_2020-07-20-140851.png

So I decided to switch over to a Bloodied build from Junkies. My Junkies build with full Vanguard armor wasn't all that tanky anyway, so I figured...screw it, go full glass cannon!

Managed to loot a Bloodied, +50% VATS critical damage, faster fire rate black powder rifle. Ha! That thing does ludicrous damage. At under 20% health (where Nerd Rage procs) with a VATS critical, I'm doing around 6000 damage.

Gotta find some good Bloodied rifles for everyday use, though...Fixer and Lever Action, preferably. Best thing I've got at the moment is an Anti-Armor Fixer. Anybody got any Bloodied rifles they want to trade? I've got some stuff!

Just picked up a 3 star Bloodied Light Machine Gun from the trader. Let me know if you want it.

So I decided to switch over to a Bloodied build from Junkies. My Junkies build with full Vanguard armor wasn't all that tanky anyway, so I figured...screw it, go full glass cannon!

Managed to loot a Bloodied, +50% VATS critical damage, faster fire rate black powder rifle. Ha! That thing does ludicrous damage. At under 20% health (where Nerd Rage procs) with a VATS critical, I'm doing around 6000 damage.

Gotta find some good Bloodied rifles for everyday use, though...Fixer and Lever Action, preferably. Best thing I've got at the moment is an Anti-Armor Fixer. Anybody got any Bloodied rifles they want to trade? I've got some stuff!

Huh, might be fun to play with. It would be cheap to use sine it fires .308. Really looking for semi-auto rifles though.

I've got it in stash so if you want it, it is yours. Otherwise, I'll give it to anyone else who may want it or trade for scrips.

Huh, might be fun to play with. It would be cheap to use sine it fires .308. Really looking for semi-auto rifles though.

like this
Back