Fallout 76

Yes based on their announcement about linking to Steam, everything is separate there, including your atoms and 1st subs. Pretty annoying.

Just did a few NPC dialog's before I had to sign into work....seems good so far. I never did finish the main storyline and could never launch the nuke (kept dying in the silo), so guess its time to revisit that as well.

It's still alive? Holy hell. After all this?!

Is it playable in any way?

It's still alive? Holy hell. After all this?!

Is it playable in any way?

Its always been "playable".

I never got in to it, lack of NPC's and weak story and all of that. This promises more so I'll give it a shot.
I have friends who ended up with sever hundred hours played, if not thousands. So for some it seemed fun.

I shouldnt make comparisons, but NMS went from cluster fuck to brilliant, so trying to keep an open mind...maybe...

Thanks for the info man.
I got FL76 somewhere, maybe I'll check it out once again.

Yeah it was always playable to me...in the end Fallout is about exploring, looting, etc and FO76 did that well. The lack of NPC's seemed to turn a lot of people off, but that never bothered me. There was a "story"...just robots, audio tapes, etc. I thought the environments were fun to explore and there was plenty to do...it was just pure exploration/looting for the most part and some quests mixed in.

I will argue that FO76 was released ahead of timelines and Bethesda just needed to get a game out that year as they literally had nothing to release as everything else was postpone. And F076 was the game to fill that slot and they would "continually" add to it over time like any MMO type game does (Division, Destiny, etc). Adding NPC's, dialogs, animations, voice recordings, etc is not a trivial task and doing that in a little over a year? Maybe...but probably doubtful...but willing to wager it was part of the "master plan"

Ill play more tonight and see how well the NPC's are and see if it was a after thought not done well, etc.

Wow talk about a huge failure...How the fuck do you not transfer fallout 1st and Atoms over to steam if you had them using the Bethesda Launcher.....I mean either way I do plan to play it on my bethesda launcher cause I don't want to give up my 2900 atoms I have earned over time......Seriously that is some straight up bullshit.

Now how about wastelanders? No idea cause now I have to reinstall the damn game using the bethesda launcher....

Wow talk about a huge failure...How the fuck do you not transfer fallout 1st and Atoms over to steam if you had them using the Bethesda Launcher.....I mean either way I do plan to play it on my bethesda launcher cause I don't want to give up my 2900 atoms I have earned over time......Seriously that is some straight up bullshit.

Now how about wastelanders? No idea cause now I have to reinstall the damn game using the bethesda launcher....

Im not going to blame Bethesda completely on that. Thats probably more a issue with Valve/Steam and migrating to there store and how they monetize those transactions to take there cut.

Im not going to blame Bethesda completely on that. Thats probably more a issue with Valve/Steam and migrating to there store and how they monetize those transactions to take there cut.

Hmm you do have a point on that. Either way I do still plan to play it, just have to use the bethesda launcher.

They did mention ahead of time about atoms not transfferring. Fallout 1 transfers over, it's however not working yet as of this morning. You can spend the Atoms on the Bethesda account tand the items will transfer over to the Steam account.

Lots of info out there about this.

Also F 1st is not working when bought thru Steam either atm. I bought it this am too, and its not fully functional yet.

They did mention ahead of time about atoms not transfferring. Fallout 1 transfers over, it's however not working yet as of this morning. You can spend the Atoms on the Bethesda account tand the items will transfer over to the Steam account.

Lots of info out there about this.

Hmm thats not a bad idea. I might do that so I can keep using steam. I have like 2900 saved up so yeah I think i might do that.

Also F 1st is not working when bought thru Steam either atm. I bought it this am too, and its not fully functional yet.

And now all is working, including private worlds.

Fallout 76 Screenshot 2020.04.14 - 10.48.19.46.png

I can't believe how much fun I got with only ~20 minutes of playing. Make me remember Oblivion. I will play more for sure when I'll be off at the job.

For Gsync/Freesync users here is how to unlock your framerate so you aren't stuck at 60. I stole this paragraph a long time ago from a site i cannot remember who:

To unlock the frame rate, you'll have to navigate to the Fallout76Prefs.ini file. You can find that in the Documents/My Games/Fallout 76 folder in the account of the username you logged into Windows with; it's not located in the main Fallout 76 install directory.

Once you're there, search for the "iPresentInterval" setting and change the value from 1 to 0. Save the file, set it to read-only if you want to be sure. It's worth making sure that VSync isn't enabled in your Nvidia/AMD control settings as well.

So i gotta admit I have quite a blast playing this now. Finally feels like a proper Fallout game. You could easily just play this solo now and to me feels like Fallout 5 in some regard.

Now the bad at least for me. It was running like ass on steam for me, so I went back to play on the Bethesda Launcher.

Sure there are bugs i expect them for any Creation Engine game...But overall I am loving Wastelanders...This should of been released at launch, not come out 17 month later.

Man, it's hard for me to find screws and caps. I want to repair some of my armor. And where the hell do I find caps! All the good plans are 2k+ and I hardly have 1k, lol.

Man, it's hard for me to find screws and caps. I want to repair some of my armor. And where the hell do I find caps! All the good plans are 2k+ and I hardly have 1k, lol.

For screws i always make sure to pick up items that have them. Alarm clocks, Desk fans etc etc. You can also go into your junk and have the specially mark items that have screws in them.

For caps you are limited to selling up to 1400 worth of caps related stuff a day. So, I usually just go around pick up anything and everything I can and just sell it all until I max out my 1400 caps.

For screws i always make sure to pick up items that have them. Alarm clocks, Desk fans etc etc. You can also go into your junk and have the specially mark items that have screws in them.
For caps you are limited to selling up to 1400 worth of caps related stuff a day. So, I usually just go around pick up anything and everything I can and just sell it all until I max out my 1400 caps.
I already do that for screws:(

I don't do that for the caps though, only because I get maybe 1-2 hours a day to play (work, kid, wife, etc) so doing that would take up all my play time. My wife is an ER nurse and does work all weekend (12-14 hour shifts) so maybe I'll have my parents take my son Saturday and I'll play all day, lol. I haven't done that in awhile :)

The end-game boss is (or was) a world boss that basically required an entire server of players to kill. I don't recall any others besides the one, though. Everything else can be done solo.

Game is much more enjoyable than I expected, fun. I'm playing with some veteran players and they all started from scratch and like it a lot.
First "house" type dwelling I made, a few dozen yards from the Wayward. Home for now. (Rainy day)

Fallout 76 Screenshot 2020.04.16 - 13.19.58.64.png

I don't know about anyone else, but MAN i love that they brought back RAD storms again. I cannot believe how many random NPC's I have found with lil mini quests, or giving me something etc.

They need to keep cranking out shit like this. THIS is what Fallout 76 should of been!

Last edited:
Reactions: Auer
like this
I haven't touched it, but my wife has hopped back in and is having fun. Apparently her character is way too strong for the new content (and much of the world), but she says the game feels far closer to what we expected after FO4.

I don't know about anyone else, but MAN i love that they brought back RAD storms again. I cannot believe how many random NPC's I have found with lil mini quests, or giving me something etc.

They need to keep cranking out shit like this. THIS is what Fallout 76 should of been!

I dunno I kind of liked figuring out what happened to the groups of people that survived and then disappeared. But yeah it's good to see the return of NPC's which will flesh out the world a bit more. They just shouldnt have taken quite this long to add more content.

Got me an Ally with a Radio at my C.A.M.P., so I guess its time to spread the Lords word!

Fallout 76 Screenshot 2020.04.17 - 14.44.00.46.png

So can FO76 be finally called a worthy single player with no online intentions game experience? I have 0 desire for any online functions, I full explore all locations and play sniper/sneak/slow.

So can FO76 be finally called a worthy single player with no online intentions game experience? I have 0 desire for any online functions, I full explore all locations and play sniper/sneak/slow.

Well when you go to play, you will play on a public server. Sure you don't have to play with anyone, but you will see players and there bases that has vendors up. If you want to play on your own private server knowing no one will join you, you will have to pay for fallout 1st.

You will be shocked how friendly a lot of players on. Plus you want to check there vendors since you can get recipes/plans on the cheap.

While not super high on the graphics scale, the game does weather and atmosphere really well.

Photo_2020-04-18-142952.png

Still looks like trash though. The fact that it looks worse than vanilla Fallout 4 is/was unacceptable.

Back