Fallout 4

Outfit your secondary settlements with Mutfrut only but plant Mutfruit, Corn and Tato at your primary settlement(s) with 3 of each and 1 purified water you can make vegetable starch at cooking stations which gives you 5 adhesives..

That's exactly what I am doing, except I went a little more extreme, I gave each settlement only 1 type of food (to ensure that they consume the food evenly, rather than randomly), and 36 units of each (half of it is for feeding, the other half for starch making).

I just wish there was an easier way to see what each settler is assigned to....

I was curious as to if there was any other food out there that could be used to make useful item, rather than simply acting as settlement food.

And...

I am actually glad to see events by the Chosen one actually having an impact in the world, Brotherhood has finally brought out its Vertibird army (remember the quest in SF?), I must admit though, the timing is suspicious. Just as I complete my revenge, their cavalry arrives?

The other crops that you plant can be used for some healing items for yourself but nothing truly worth it.

Holy crap...just upgraded from an AMD6970 in my sig to a Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming. Such a crazy friggin difference in performance even under a less-than-optimized engine.

Haylen and Rhy's in the Cambridge police station won't talk to me to put in radian quests. I had an outstanding quest from Halen that I forgot to turn it in then completed all the way through the brotherhood of steel mission quest Line. Went back to turn it in to her and she won't talk to me.

I read that she'll become hostile if you kill dance in Blind Betrayal but I saved him
And he's sitting at one of my settlements now.

I don't think I ever excepted a mission from Rhy's. Not sure if that matters.

Any ideas? I'm willing to use console commands.

Don't bother, all their quests are literally the same 2 or 3 quests over and over again in different location. It's infinity quests meant more to get you to explore than anything.

The BoS is making me demand crops from my own settlement. sup with that?

BoS doesn't care about the Minutemen or the fact that you lead them. They want food. You don't have to complete the mission if you don't want to.

That's exactly what I am doing, except I went a little more extreme, I gave each settlement only 1 type of food (to ensure that they consume the food evenly, rather than randomly), and 36 units of each (half of it is for feeding, the other half for starch making).

That's what I did also. It seemed like people were always eating the tatos if they had the choice, so a settlement that had 10 mutfruits and 20 tatos being farmed would have 150 mutfruits and 0 tatos in the workshop inventory.

So I made a couple settlements with shitloads of tatos, and only tatos. And one that's only corn. And I already had a ton of mutfruit producing settlements. Haven't had time to see how it's working out yet, but I should be able to produce shit tons of adhesive. Not sure I really even need it at this point, but the extra exp is nice and no reason not to do it.

That's what I did also. It seemed like people were always eating the tatos if they had the choice...

Which is funny, considering based on the information you read about them (ie. terminal on the Prydwen), they taste terrible.

So what happens after you win with the Minuteman?

Only benefit of winning with minute men is you can stay friendly with rail road and BoS but it kicks you out of a lot of BoS missions. I beat with the Minutemen but went back to an earlier save and beat with BoS. I completely missed out on rail road so I maybe back again.

not even any new beta patches in weeks?...did Bethesda workers go on strike?...for such a major release the support has been severely lacking to say the least

not even any new beta patches in weeks?...did Bethesda workers go on strike?...for such a major release the support has been severely lacking to say the least

From the horse's mouth:

Expect to see more updates, that are smaller and more frequent, than a few big ones.

As with anything from Bethesda, it's a big, steaming pile of BS.

Are you kidding? Bethesda is US-based and the week between Christmas and New Years is not a good week for productivity here, if your company is even open at all. Expecting even a peep from Bethesda before 2016 is ridiculous. They've been operating at a reduced level for most of December like most other non-service-based companies.

I have come to stop relying on official patches for moddable games, since unofficial patch mods are nearly always bound to fix many more bugs than any official patches. Especially the big company ones where they mainly focus on engine bugs rather than scripting bugs, unless that bug is fatal for either the game or the quest line.

Finally won the game yesterday. The talk of "when you get to the Institute you're nearly done" is pretty much true. At that point I just started rocking power armor full time and I still ended up finishing with 85 power cores left.
I'd definitely recommend keeping a save game prior to the Mass Fusion quest. That's when things hit the fan and you start pissing factions off.
The only semi-major bugs I encountered were Minuteman radiant quests that screwed up.
I probable won't ever play this game again from the beginning. Since you can level endlessly, you can really get the best of all worlds in a single playthrough. Seems easier to just grab a final save prior to Mass Fusion and side with the different groups if you're curious.

Finally won the game yesterday. The talk of "when you get to the Institute you're nearly done" is pretty much true. At that point I just started rocking power armor full time and I still ended up finishing with 85 power cores left.
I'd definitely recommend keeping a save game prior to the Mass Fusion quest. That's when things hit the fan and you start pissing factions off.
The only semi-major bugs I encountered were Minuteman radiant quests that screwed up.
I probable won't ever play this game again from the beginning. Since you can level endlessly, you can really get the best of all worlds in a single playthrough. Seems easier to just grab a final save prior to Mass Fusion and side with the different groups if you're curious.

This is pretty much what I did I even went back and went homicidal on the Institute and killed everyone and I beat the game with the other 3 factions cool with me.

To be accurate you can't level up forever, you can only level up until you hit level 258 or something like that, at which point you've maxed out

To be accurate you can't level up forever, you can only level up until you hit level 258 or something like that, at which point you've maxed out

dear lord that is a lot of radiant quests and building... im level 69 i have nearly nothing but radiant quests to do before beating the game my only options are advance the faction story quests and i have already decided i am doing the institute wins ending...

what chems or food can i craft that increases AP or makes it recharge faster? I already have tall the AP perks (Companion, fast travel while over encumbered) but want more so can travel over encumbered

I've had a save before mass fusion, and tried the ending with all factions. Then I still started a brand new game from the very beginning, to experience it differently. And it worked. The game was very different, because I played on survival, and had different skills, used different companions, and befriended different people.

And I believed the crap that "when you get to the Institute you're nearly done" and it turned out to be so untrue. On my first playtrough I was in the institute after 42 hours, and finished it at around 70 hours. And still left a lot of shit undone, and a large part of the map unexplored. Which I'm doing in my second playtrough.

At first I was very dismayed at how the Karma system had vanished and the apparent stripping of the actual "role-playing" part of the RPG, but now I actually like not having it there. Your choices are now no longer simplistic 'good', 'evil' and 'neutral' but instead affect how the people and factions you are involved with see you and what quests become available.

It's basically the same as how Dragon Age: Origins does morality and player choice, and I think it makes Fallout 4 a better RPG.

I've had a save before mass fusion, and tried the ending with all factions. Then I still started a brand new game from the very beginning, to experience it differently. And it worked. The game was very different, because I played on survival, and had different skills, used different companions, and befriended different people.

And I believed the crap that "when you get to the Institute you're nearly done" and it turned out to be so untrue. On my first playtrough I was in the institute after 42 hours, and finished it at around 70 hours. And still left a lot of shit undone, and a large part of the map unexplored. Which I'm doing in my second playtrough.

Well, I suppose it does depend on the route you went on your first pass and what you had done prior to meeting the institute. Once I made it there, I didn't have much left except to explore random building and kill random enemies. The plot is pretty short at that point. Maybe another 5-6 hours if you don't die a lot.
On my first pass I found all of the different companions, did all of their side stuff, and went with a lot of different weapons...to the point of being overburdened a whole lot because I always keep 8 at a time. My perks covered a wide range of things, too - many of which weren't all that great, so I probably would have done a few differently. I dunno if that would have really mattered, though. The game is combat-heavy, so that does seem the way to go unless you simply want to sneak by everyone. Then you're stuck going alone and you don't gain many levels for your trouble.
I'm sure I could make different decisions along the way, but I don't know if it would have made much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. Short of killing people, it's tough to piss off the important plot characters prior to the end quests.

Well, I came to a decision and uninstalled Fallout for now.

It seemed to be nothing more than a distraction from my other currently installed games....

I plan to reinstall in 6 months or so once it's at least semi patched and we get a decent UI mod etc.

what chems or food can i craft that increases AP or makes it recharge faster? I already have tall the AP perks (Companion, fast travel while over encumbered) but want more so can travel over encumbered

Nuka Cola helps alot here.

Well fuck me. I was pretty determined to not get into the whole settlement building thing. But then I got The Castle...

Had to get the radio tower and that big industrial water purifier up and running.
Then, of course, the walls had to be patched.
And since I got those free laser turrets, I had to get those setup.
Figured may as well plant a couple dozen mutfruit plants since there's that nice tillable space on the top of the wall.
But now I need settlers, so I'll send some over from the drive-in.
Well, now I need a bunch of beds.
Now my defense is lacking...gotta put up some guardposts and turrets.
Hmm, should probably clean up this wiring over here.
These areas could really use better lighting...and hey, I'll put some along the top of the wall while I'm at it.
Guess I'll consolidate all these generators into some nice enclosures.

Geez, so like 10 hours later and I think I'm finally about ready to get back to finding my kid!

So, question. I don't have any ranks in Local Leader yet, so I can't build crafting stations. Is there any way to move them from one settlement to another? Need a power armor station (or 8) at The Castle.

You can't move stuff. You can store it though and build it from storage in other locations, but the perk is necessary for that. you may as well start bumping charisma. it is generally useful for many things.
Not too high, as you can +5 with clothing

b9DUiFQ.png

LOL^ Pretty much sums it up. I try to avoid Preston because I dont want to help another settlement! Ive had it with settlements after about 5 of em!

By the way if you want to get the "United We Stand" Perk from Preston just attach/unattach weapon mods saving/loading between each one because if you take him with you he will bitch and moan and dislike questionable things that you do.

If you park him somewhere you get to keep the perk with you regardless, you dont need him with you to get the bonus.

LOL^ Pretty much sums it up. I try to avoid Preston because I dont want to help another settlement! Ive had it with settlements after about 5 of em!

By the way if you want to get the "United We Stand" Perk from Preston just attach/unattach weapon mods saving/loading between each one because if you take him with you he will bitch and moan and dislike questionable things that you do.

If you park him somewhere you get to keep the perk with you regardless, you dont need him with you to get the bonus.
It took 5 for you to get sick of them? It only took 2, and I said fuck it, everyone can fend for themselves.

You know what would be nice is if as you re-establish and recruit for the minute men if they would patrol and reduce the numbers and spawn points of raiders and super mutants in addition to tapering off the radiant quests.

Like in mass effect 2 where you could grow your army...

Have a presence rating for each faction
Brotherhood increases causes massive decline in all enemy spawns.
minute men decrease in raiders and gouls
rail road massive decrease in synth patrols
Institute massive decrease in all but will fight with railroad minute men and brotherhood patrols...

Skyrim had faction battles that just happened so the engine should be capable of it.

You know what would be nice is if as you re-establish and recruit for the minute men if they would patrol and reduce the numbers and spawn points of raiders and super mutants in addition to tapering off the radiant quests.

You're thinking of Mass Effect 3 right?

But even there growing your army had absolutely no influence on enemy numbers, just a number displayed on the war map.

I'd rather see a system like DA:I where you need to have a certain influence to unlock specific missions.

Have a presence rating for each faction
Brotherhood increases causes massive decline in all enemy spawns.
minute men decrease in raiders and gouls
rail road massive decrease in synth patrols
Institute massive decrease in all but will fight with railroad minute men and brotherhood patrols...

Skyrim had faction battles that just happened so the engine should be capable of it.

You're thinking of Mass Effect 3 right?

But even there growing your army had absolutely no influence on enemy numbers, just a number displayed on the war map.

I'd rather see a system like DA:I where you need to have a certain influence to unlock specific missions.

Shoot between FO3, FONV, and now FO4 I still wonder why they haven't had ghoulification. Sure rads affect your health in some way in all games, but never visibly or in a manner that really changes your interration with the factions or NPCs much. You can be glowing and passersby might make a remark, but that is it.

It took 5 for you to get sick of them? It only took 2, and I said fuck it, everyone can fend for themselves.

I've done more than I care to admit. I did the same with the Brotherhood. I really wish Bethesda would get rid of radiant quests. On paper, the idea of an infinite amount of quests seems neat. The reality is that it's boring and repetitive. It does absolutely nothing to extend the fun or longevity of the game. What it does do is muck up your quest log with uninteresting crap.

I did a shit ton of those minuteman quests early on because I assumed they were finite.
By the time I stopped, I'd literally get the same "rescue this kidnapped person" quest in the exact same place several times in a row. The dead raider bodies would still be on the ground.
I eventually shipped Preston to another settlement just to avoid the hassle of him constantly accosting me.
I'm sure it's a giant joke to Bethesda at this point, but they probably should have made it so you at least have to talk to him to get those stupid quests.

I've done more than I care to admit. I did the same with the Brotherhood. I really wish Bethesda would get rid of radiant quests. On paper, the idea of an infinite amount of quests seems neat. The reality is that it's boring and repetitive. It does absolutely nothing to extend the fun or longevity of the game. What it does do is muck up your quest log with uninteresting crap.

The worst were those radian quests you were forced to do in the Thieve's Guild in Skyrim. Holy shit did I get bored of "stealing" the same shit after the 50th time.

The worst were those radian quests you were forced to do in the Thieve's Guild in Skyrim. Holy shit did I get bored of "stealing" the same shit after the 50th time.

Yes, I really don't think much of the concept.

Well you need to Assist 3 settlements before you can do the quest "Taking Independence".
You have to establish 3 to get the quest, which includes recruiting the settlers at Tenpines Bluff after the quest The First Step. After Tenpines Bluff, I established settlements at Oberland Station and Starlight Drive-In through radiant quests, and the next time I talked to Preston he gave me Taking Independence. Which has been sitting in my quest log for 20 hours without being touched :p.

You have to establish 3 to get the quest, which includes recruiting the settlers at Tenpines Bluff after the quest The First Step. After Tenpines Bluff, I established settlements at Oberland Station and Starlight Drive-In through radiant quests, and the next time I talked to Preston he gave me Taking Independence. Which has been sitting in my quest log for 20 hours without being touched :p.

Yep, that is pretty much where I bailed out IIRC. Just did not give a shit about the whole settlement thing, although I did just put a little time into the castle. Gave them food and beds. Put stuff in the wholes in the walls. Dunno...

Back