Fallout 4

Yup. AFAIK you also don't have to worry about it getting attacked if no one lives there.

That is going to be the red rocket or the island for me I just wish I could lock the doors dogmeat keeps opening the diner area doors... I think ill move my power armor collection to the roof there...

I have 6 frames sitting in sanctuary...

I have been tooling around in my power armor I need to get a better finish for it...

I was very sad when the silver shroud outfit had no real armor quality to it not even reflective to energy maybe it gets better if you do the quest line.

There is a new mod to ditch the dialog wheel with clearer text descriptions of the different options, somewhat complex to install, but worth it

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?

oVo7x1m.jpg

Dd57z5j.jpg

JA56WlX.jpg

To me that kind of ruins the point.

Why would you want to hear your character repeat what you yourself already read?

That's exactly why games with voiced protags have went that route (IE Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher).

Surprisingly, I've only had my character blurt out something other than what I expected a couple times. The default "gist of it" wheel isn't really _terrible_ but I do wish they went with the more explicit route instead.

I have a feeling the voice acting influenced it - since you'd be reading what you're about to say...

To me that kind of ruins the point.

Why would you want to hear your character repeat what you yourself already read?

That's exactly why games with voiced protags have went that route (IE Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher).

This. I might use it on a second playthrough though. Seeing what my character is going to say ahead of the time ruins the primary benefit of having the character voiced in the first place.

I can definitely understand not liking the voiced protagonist, but it's just part of this game for me, and something I'd like to experience at face value my first time playing through it.

girlies are badasses!

Indeed, next time for sure!

Hell I only barely changed one of the pre-built characters. I was eager to get to the wasteland and rarely even use 3rd person, plus I found the system to change the look of your character kind of clunky and not really intuitive, probably just me being impatient though.

Indeed, next time for sure!

Hell I only barely changed one of the pre-built characters. I was eager to get to the wasteland and rarely even use 3rd person, plus I found the system to change the look of your character kind of clunky and not really intuitive, probably just me being impatient though.

you have to take your time because thats the character you'll be looking at for 100+ hours of gameplay

Just out of curiosity since it would be hard to search the hundreds of pages of the thread ... how does the beginning set-up work for the female character ... do you talk to the vault tec guy, does your husband hold the baby in the cryo tube and get shot ... just kind of curious

I'm sick of video games forcing their morality on me. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to love up the dog or the robot butler.

Well, we can joke about it but AAA game developers don't like to get their games banned and trying to align a game to all the international laws around can be tricky ... it was the same driving factor that made children invulnerable in FO3 (some countries can force a game company to change their code or else they get banned) ... even the USA can put the AO designation on a game which greatly limits where it can be sold ... much easier to just avoid the arguments completely by taking away the freedom of choices that will get the developer in legal predicaments ;)

Just out of curiosity since it would be hard to search the hundreds of pages of the thread ... how does the beginning set-up work for the female character ... do you talk to the vault tec guy, does your husband hold the baby in the cryo tube and get shot ... just kind of curious

The NPC spouse holds the kid and gets whacked, for both sexes of PC.

Ok ... thanks for the responses ... I am playing a male character and am 500 miles away from my computer (too far to test it) so I was just curious how the beginning played out ... sorry for the slight spoiler (although I think the whole marketing campaign of you being the sole survivor of Vault 111 might have removed some of that sting)

Well, we can joke about it but AAA game developers don't like to get their games banned and trying to align a game to all the international laws around can be tricky ... it was the same driving factor that made children invulnerable in FO3 (some countries can force a game company to change their code or else they get banned) ... even the USA can put the AO designation on a game which greatly limits where it can be sold ... much easier to just avoid the arguments completely by taking away the freedom of choices that will get the developer in legal predicaments ;)

I think it was a joke bruh.

A pretty good one too I might add.

I think it was a joke bruh.

A pretty good one too I might add.

Oh, I know it was ... but there have been others who weren't joking with their displeasure ... the invulnerable children in FO3 was ridiculed by almost all ... I was just noting that there are very good reasons why companies do these things ... granted I am preaching to the choir in the PC section :cool:

I'm surprised I haven't come across the 5.56 assault rifle yet. I've already got the Fatman. I use the combat rifle in .45 with damage increase mod and a long barrel a lot, as well as the 308 sniper rifle the most. I also like the combat shotgun with the damage increased, and the .44 magnum.... I wish the M14 was included... The damn trailer shows it for crying out loud....not in game, but still.

I'm surprised I haven't come across the 5.56 assault rifle yet. I've already got the Fatman. I use the combat rifle in .45 with damage increase mod and a long barrel a lot, as well as the 308 sniper rifle the most. I also like the combat shotgun with the damage increased, and the .44 magnum.... I wish the M14 was included... The damn trailer shows it for crying out loud....not in game, but still.

I have like 3 assault rifles lol. Got 'em off of raiders I believe. Possibly a Super Mutant as well.

Might be tied to level of the mob? I didn't see any of them in my early levels. I'm in mid 20s now and see them often.

I'm surprised I haven't come across the 5.56 assault rifle yet.

The joy of levelled loot.

It's ugly though. I'd like to know who decided it was a good idea to basically say FU to the Fallout 3/NV assault rifle and use this model instead (why would something inspired by a WWI LMG be a good fit for an assault rifle?) I have plenty of them but don't use them (because they're an abomination).

Hopefully someone will mod an HD/HQ version of the proper assault rifle to replace it.

Last edited:
I'm surprised I haven't come across the 5.56 assault rifle yet. I've already got the Fatman.

You can actually get the Fatman within an hour or so of starting the game.

If you go slightly northeast (I believe) of the USAF Olivia satellite dish, there is a junkyard that contains an experimental sentry robot. If you search the area behind/to the right of the robot, there is a Fatman sitting on a wrecked car chassis.

The ammo is another story, though.

You can actually get the Fatman within an hour or so of starting the game.

If you go slightly northeast (I believe) of the USAF Olivia satellite dish, there is a junkyard that contains an experimental sentry robot. If you search the area behind/to the right of the robot, there is a Fatman sitting on a wrecked car chassis.

The ammo is another story, though.

There's also a full suit of power armor directly east of there, near a vertibird crash site.

So, back on topic ... I will be back from my business trip Friday night and might be up to some FO4 gaming again ... I am currently working on the Sanctuary settlement tasks and was up to food before I left ... is there a closer and easier place to get seeds other than the Greenhouse to the south of Lexington (if not I might just do some exploring of the nearby area before heading south) ... I wanted to postpone heading down to Diamond City for awhile longer

So, back on topic ... I will be back from my business trip Friday night and might be up to some FO4 gaming again ... I am currently working on the Sanctuary settlement tasks and was up to food before I left ... is there a closer and easier place to get seeds other than the Greenhouse to the south of Lexington (if not I might just do some exploring of the nearby area before heading south) ... I wanted to postpone heading down to Diamond City for awhile longer

theres a greenhouse in diamond city, along with plenty of stores that sells all kinds of things, several sidequests too there

theres a greenhouse in diamond city, along with plenty of stores that sells all kinds of things, several sidequests too there

OK ... I was just trying not to get too far into the main quest yet but maybe I can go sidequesting after Diamond City

The NPC spouse holds the kid and gets whacked, for both sexes of PC.

Confirmed

I started as a female character (as I always do, because I actually hate playing as a guy, besides, why would a guy stare at a guy for hours on end is beyond me), and it's the man that who held the baby and got shot.

Seriously though, why hasn't this game a hide helm option? Helms has always looked fugly, and this game hasn't change it one bit... Even games like Van Helsing have a hide helm option...

Guess have to wait until that mod arrives... SIGH...

why would a guy stare at a guy for hours on end is beyond me

There's explosions and all kinds of shit going on, right there in the centre of the screen. Why you're staring at your character's butt is the real question here. Are you staring at your character's butt for hours on end?

Seriously though, why hasn't this game a hide helm option? Helms has always looked fugly, and this game hasn't change it one bit... Even games like Van Helsing have a hide helm option...

Guess have to wait until that mod arrives... SIGH...

Why would the helmet need to be hidden when you can remove or swap it so easily? Wear something different if you don't like the appearance of what you are wearing? :confused:

if you need plants, and there are some already, then pick those plants and use what you picked to plant more.

So I just got a new companion and they don't like you lockpicking anything.....but they approve of you stealing, or eating things, or crushing enemies...just don't pick a lock, makes no damn sense and seriously going to be a pita to raise their approval rating for their perk (since I like melee combat).

Wish they didn't make companions care about simple acts like lockpicking/hacking, it should depend instead of moral areas, like stealing/theft and other things good or bad.

So I just got a new companion and they don't like you lockpicking anything.....but they approve of you stealing, or eating things, or crushing enemies...just don't pick a lock, makes no damn sense and seriously going to be a pita to raise their approval rating for their perk (since I like melee combat).

Wish they didn't make companions care about simple acts like lockpicking/hacking, it should depend instead of moral areas, like stealing/theft and other things good or bad.

you can tell them to wait outside of a building if there is a lock you want to pick, like if its a hostage rescue side mission but you need to unlock the door the hostage is behind ect.

for the most part the companions have just been pack mules for me.

Back