Fallout 4

So what does that translate into US Eastern time? my google-fu is lazy atm.

yeah but i meant with the new zealand ip, and with it now being 2am over there instead of midnight.

I have not logged my steam into the vpn software yet likely wont until closer to release.

I am guessing its around 8am eastern monday.

review embargo lifts tomorrow at 8:00 AM EST...looking forward to reading official reviews from my trusted sites...

yeah but i meant with the new zealand ip, and with it now being 2am over there instead of midnight.

I have not logged my steam into the vpn software yet likely wont until closer to release.

I am guessing its around 8am eastern monday.

Oops, sorry. NZDT is 13 hours ahead of UTC and EST is -5 UTC so yeah 8am sounds right.

Still waiting for Amazon to ship...certainly hope it ships tomorrow, else I'm gonna be pissed. :eek:

it wold be funny if they find a fatal flaw tomorrow and the game gets delayed two more weeks :p

Still waiting for Amazon to ship...certainly hope it ships tomorrow, else I'm gonna be pissed. :eek:

I got my notice around noon today.

Says arriving Tuesday but when I click the track button it says Wednesday. I did release day so hope it is here Tuesday.

unless you selected 'Release Date Delivery' it most likely won't ship till later on in the week...

It says arriving on or before 8 PM on Tuesday, but hasn't shipped yet. So I'm expecting it Tuesday evening.

I believe most pre-orders with Prime are "guaranteed" to arrive on release day.

It says arriving on or before 8 PM on Tuesday, but hasn't shipped yet. So I'm expecting it Tuesday evening.

forgot about Prime...you'll get it on Release Day with Prime...here in NYC they use Amazon's own messenger/delivery service for most release day or 2 day orders which sometimes don't even show correctly in tracking...my order is currently showing as expected to ship on the 9th for delivery on the 10th

I'm in the same boat as you - been anxiously checking my Amazon order page waiting to see if tracking has updated lol. Said it was going to ship Friday, but then just switched to "Shipping Soon" Friday night.

Just checked, and not it says "Shipping Today" on the orders page, then on the tracking page it still says "Shipping Soon."

Still says it'll arrive by 8pm Tues, and I even confirmed with an Amazon rep last night that it would indeed be arriving then still.

unlocking for everyone at the same time would be weird as some places would unlock at midnight, others at 3:00 PM, 4:00 AM, 7:00 PM etc

Yes but how's that any different? Are you telling me people in other time zones wouldn't like to wake up the next day and play it instead of having to wait until midnight a diay after?

If I had a choice of it unlocking on NZ time or waiting almost a day later, I'd take NZ time, even if I can't play it for a few hours after it unlocks.

so let me get this straight. I can play at 0800 on Monday if I log into steam via a NZ VPN?

so let me get this straight. I can play at 0800 on Monday if I log into steam via a NZ VPN?

It's been confirmed that NZ will unlock same time as Australia. So that will be 2 hours later than expected. Not a major difference.

We don't have VPNs here. The piece of string that is our internet doesn't support it. The grass and mud huts we live in can be a pain too, but if you bake the clay for long enough it's fairly waterproof.

It's been confirmed that NZ will unlock same time as Australia. So that will be 2 hours later than expected. Not a major difference.
For me it's the difference between playing a couple of hours at midnight, or having to wait until after work the following day. Fuck you, Bethesda :mad:

For me it's the difference between playing a couple of hours at midnight, or having to wait until after work the following day. Fuck you, Bethesda :mad:

Pretty sure i have bought a game from gamestop before at midnight, only to get home to find out it doesnt actually unlock until 3am east, or midnight pacific lol.

was a long time ago since i have not bought anything from gamestop in awhile and only go in there to get free pokemon from the wifi lol.

Speaking of pokemon and a little off topic but

November 27th - December 23rd

You can get Hoopa when you visit McDonald's Restaurants and connect to their wifi.

First time Hoopa has had a NA release.

I think I remember people talking about playing games early via VPN on here before. Are there ever any repercussions like bans? What is everyone's experience? I'm very interested in playing this "early".

We don't have VPNs here. The piece of string that is our internet doesn't support it. The grass and mud huts we live in can be a pain too, but if you bake the clay for long enough it's fairly waterproof.

Do you mean your ISP doesn't support VPN? Because I'm in NZ and use VPNs occasionally. I agree about the mud huts though...

I've unlocked some games early before, as long as your not streaming it, there is really not much problem.

Just to confirm, even though I'm Pacific Standard time, I can play the game on November 9th at 9:01pm because for the US it gives live at 12:01 AM on November 10th?

The game unlocks in 12 hours for NZ, correct?

IMPORTANT: Fallout 4 will be unlocking at 2:00AM NZ NOT 12:01AM. This translates to 8AM EST.
According to Google it's currently 2:20 PM in NZ.

I have not used a VPN bypass to unlock a Steam game, I did do it for a few Origin games and it worked like a champ. I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it too often, I've only done it maybe 3-4 times, generally only once a year. They will ban you if you do it all the time AFAIK since it's NOT allowed.

i-rtjj5CV-L.jpg

:cool:

what is that?...one of those settlement things?...you can actually build your own towns?...I thought you just takeover and maintain control of already existing ones

Back