EVGA Overtake

I think [H] is a team filled with upper middle class and upper class, that can afford to buy multi P systems. You all live in huge mansion with servants, climate controlled computer room in your basement. You have your own wind turbines and solar power to help with the power bills. If you have an issue with your system you just call up Bill Gates for some advice.

Us poor folks at EVGA are just gamers that have some spare time to try to help out our fellow man.
We are the underdogs that everyone should be rooting for. :D

That's the way I see it anyway ;)

Not even close. We have slaves, not servants. Servants cost too much. Most the time is spent on our yachts, which have a dedicated generator that runs off whale oil to power our computers. We aren't really rich, we have to share a series of dedicated F@H satellites for our internet. And Bill charges us $75/hr for tech calls.

Video games are so 20th century. We have an arena where there are gladiators fighting endangered species. It's more fun. At the arena restaurant, the most expensive dish is the testicles of the animal that was killed at the main event. But be careful. I ordered it when the Tiger was main event. They bring me a plate, and there's just 2 little marble sized pieces of meat???? "Hey!! Where are my Tiger Nuts???" to which the waiter replied, "The Tiger didn't lose. Too bad about Julius."

Last edited:
Not even close. We have slaves, not servants. Servants cost too much. Most the time is spent on our yachts, which have a dedicated generator that runs off whale oil to power our computers. We aren't really rich, we have to share a series of dedicated F@H satellites for our internet. And Bill charges us $75/hr for tech calls.

Video games are so 20th century. We have an arena where there are gladiators fighting endangered species. It's more fun.

Must be Bill Clinton .. cuz Bill Gate charges $75000/hr :p

I think [H] is a team filled with upper middle class and upper class, that can afford to buy multi P systems. You all live in huge mansion with servants, climate controlled computer room in your basement. You have your own wind turbines and solar power to help with the power bills. If you have an issue with your system you just call up Bill Gates for some advice.

Us poor folks at EVGA are just gamers that have some spare time to try to help out our fellow man.

You also forgot we only bang 10's for practice and we all drive GTR as daily driver.

^ He found the good shrooms ....

Video games are so 20th century. We have an arena where there are gladiators fighting endangered species. It's more fun. At the arena restaurant, the most expensive dish is the testicles of the animal that was killed at the main event. But be careful. I ordered it when the Tiger was main event. They bring me a plate, and there's just 2 little marble sized pieces of meat???? "Hey!! Where are my Tiger Nuts???" to which the waiter replied, "The Tiger didn't lose. Too bad about Julius."

post of the week

Well, my dual E5 is 3 hours from finishing its last 8101, Its time for a flag change, I want to see what PPD she can really produce!

SR2 is back on the BigAdv, 188K PPD going again ... lets see how that helps.

As a reminder guys, this isn thow we all bang "10's", its about keeping ahead of EVGA in the points

file.php

I think that tank1023 fellow was right about us. I will have to mention it to Preston and Buffy during our croquet match this evening at the club. I don't think we should worry much about EVGA catching the [H]orde, though. As soon as the servants are done polishing the Bentley, the chauffeur will drive me to daddy's house and I will ask him for a bigger allowance from my trust fund so I can bring some more D to the table.

This is the fun ribbing I like to see between teams...now if you don't mind I have to go back to my shanty and find some duct tape to hold together my computer case.
You guys have e everything!

This is the fun ribbing I like to see between teams...now if you don't mind I have to go back to my shanty and find some duct tape to hold together my computer case.
You guys have e everything!

Dude, your computer case? You better be using that duct tape to hold the pizza box together your computer is folding in.......

SR2 is back on the BigAdv, 188K PPD going again ... lets see how that helps.

As a reminder guys, this isn thow we all bang "10's", its about keeping ahead of EVGA in the points

I took my SR-2 off-line as of tonight. Dual X5650's.

It folds OK at 3.0ghz but I had it 100% stable at 3.96ghz before, and ran 4.2ghz in the winter (air cooled).. It's getting it's ass kicked by the all the Opteron 8400's. Even the slowest one.

Need to get it to wake up. But it is possible I hurt the CPU's, and they are still pricey.

Damn EVGA stuff is always giving me heartburn. ;)

... I have to go back to my shanty and find some duct tape to hold together my computer case...

You should see my Tyan 4P BigAdv machine right now. Sitting on an almost clear spot on my desk, with passive heatsinks, $3 fans held on by gravity, grease as thermal compound, two hotwired $39 PSU's and the IDE HDD sitting in the open desk drawer. 80k PPD on $20 chips. Mobo was $56. Seems to fold OK though.

You should see my Tyan 4P BigAdv machine right now. Sitting on an almost clear spot on my desk, with passive heatsinks, $3 fans held on by gravity, grease as thermal compound, two hotwired $39 PSU's and the IDE HDD sitting in the open desk drawer. 80k PPD on $20 chips. Mobo was $56. Seems to fold OK though.

Ah the perfect boxen ...... And fire hazard.

The Hobbit: An unexpected Journey available on Blue ray on Tuesday.

I think [H] is a team filled with upper middle class and upper class, that can afford to buy multi P systems.
I think a number of multi-4P Folders are solid, standard middle class, with older cars already paid for, kids out of the house on their own, and budgets we tweaked to moderation years ago. As for the teams loaded with the gaming teenagers...some day, some day. Be patient. Don't ask your parents for help. They are preparing for retirement...

and building 4P Folders! :D

I think a number of multi-4P Folders are solid, standard middle class, with older cars already paid for, kids out of the house on their own, and budgets we tweaked to moderation years ago. As for the teams loaded with the gaming teenagers...some day, some day. Be patient. Don't ask your parents for help. They are preparing for retirement...

and building 4P Folders! :D

Well, I'm 44 with 4 kids and one on the way (two marriages) one in college. This is where my 4p money has gone.

Ah the perfect boxen ...... And fire hazard.
DOH! Forgot the legal disclaimer.:D

Don't try this at home. This is in a building with sprinklers and fire alarm. The desk debris is not paper, it's tools. I was kidding about the grease. It's El Cheapo thermal paste that looks like lithium grease. Not the good stuff. When it goes into a case, I use the silver paste.

Well, I'm 44 with 4 kids and one on the way (two marriages) one in college. This is where my 4p money has gone.

I'm 18 and live in my parents' pool house. I drive my dad's A8L to school(high school) every day. He has a driver, but I am trying to break free of being in "the money" and be more independent. The servants do not come to the pool house, I do my own laundry and cook and prepare all my own food. I also donate my time to soup kitchens to the homeless and maintain a 4.0 GPA. I had the option to leave school as a sophomore to pursue Harvard on full scholarships. Instead, I am planning on getting a 2 year degree and then will find a modest job locally. I do not care to continue life with everything being taken for granted.

^^ "Not intended to be a true statement."
And if you don't believe me, you don't know sc0tty8 ;)

Actually, here is true life story.

I am a high school drop out and have a GED, have worked since I was 12. My parents divorced when I was in the 3rd grade. I have no relationship with either one of my parents. I have not had any civil communication with my sperm donor since I purchased my house(long story). My mother is totally bat shit crazy and it has been about 3 years since I've spoken to her. I Have a degree in the school of hard knocks. Bought my house when I was 21, this month is my 10 yr anniversary, Always have been employed and have been able to hold down a job. I have an 8 yr old daughter and have been married 6 years. I get to be very competitive and passionate about certain things and just pursue them until bored then move onto the next thing. Folding has been one thing that has maintained interest for me for more than a year, otherwise I switch hobbies every 6 months or so. work full time and am the bread winner in the house, my wife is finally getting to focus on her professional career and is doing real estate. I have been supporting her while she does this, and have also been able to work after hours moonlighting IT skills to aid in funding folding and paying bills. 1/2-2/3 of my power bill is to feed folding equipment.

My general overall hobbies:
Computers
Cars
Photography
Trolling
Working

I am a very nontraditional and independent individual that likes to do things my way and if given the opportunity will surprise you.

There's the truth and I have no care if you believe me or not.

I believe you Scotty, why else would you tell that story?
What got you into folding though?
My grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's around 6 years ago, I found out about folding because I had bought a EVGA card and was rolling thier forums. When I saw that I could do something to fight this horrible disease I signed up. Unfortunately she passed away Christmas Eve this year, I don't want to see that happen to anyone else's family member.
Fold on brothers!

At the time I had a bunch of hardware and was kind of tired of virtualization and wanted to do something different with it. I had a couple of dell quad core servers, some 460's, and a quad core desktop so put them to work. Won the folding contest here twice in a row and during that period picked up a 2p 1366 board for folding, and a ton of knowledge. It was interesting so then got into some of the high buck hardware and kept going ever since. My goal was initially top 200, which I did awhile ago. It's something that not everyone is doing which is also alluring.

Folding is my Idea of gaming.
There just are not enough hours in a day for me to start gaming again.
I am also poor and a cheap kind of guy so I started down the F socket path last year when I was looking for a cheap way to make good points.
I had shortly before moved into my first GPU and got addicted to the boost in points over all the equipment I used since I started Folding around 10 years? ago.
I am happy with what I have now (always want moar) but can't run them full time due to the damn power bills. :mad:

I fold because I like to help others if I can. But I don't trust most charities. Too many are scams today. So I donate money via electricity and (limited) skills that I have.

However, my wife freaks out when she sees the power bills. When it becomes an issue, I have to shut down.

I fold because I like to help others if I can. But I don't trust most charities. Too many are scams today. So I donate money via electricity and (limited) skills that I have.

However, my wife freaks out when she sees the power bills. When it becomes an issue, I have to shut down.

Handy hint - don't let the wife see the power bills:D

Dude, shut up!

First rule of team 33 man, now this whole thread has to go in the memory hole

Well, bringing my 3rd rig back online and a config change has added 200k PPD to my average

Nice. We need it

Hopefully SOME DAY, my server will get here and I can start pumping out some points. Apparently the seller has been "moving his business". Said it should be shipped out today though...

Hopefully SOME DAY, my server will get here and I can start pumping out some points. Apparently the seller has been "moving his business". Said it should be shipped out today though...

Tell him it sounds like a discounted second server. Hope it was a 4p box...

Sorry guys and gals, I had to shut down my smp and gpu clients while I get my pc sorted out. Gonna do some hacking and slashing in the next few days to put my cpu + gpu under water. Should be able to squeak out a little more ppd after the upgrades.

anyone else notice evga's gain has slowed down? went from 2.3 to 2.5 months, not much, but it's something!

Back