Everspace 2

polonyc2

Fully [H]
The Rockfish Games team first revealed they were working on the game earlier this week, and promised it will have "classic RPG elements". It will have the same "visual style" as Everspace, which means it will probably look very pretty indeed, and you'll battle a variety of enemies in an "everlasting quest for better loot"...

Everspace 2 is expected to launch on Steam Early Access in the second half of 2020, and won't go into full release until 2021

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Everspace 2 (Early Access) comes to Steam and GOG on January 18th

2020 was a rough ride for the open-world space shooter Everspace 2...a Kickstarter campaign in late 2019 was very successful, pulling in nearly $620,000, but a planned Early Access release was postponed twice: Once because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and then by Cyberpunk 2077's move from November into December, which developer Rockfish Games (along with a few others) had no interest in messing with...

The initial Early Access release "will be good for at least 25 hours of gameplay," Rockfish said, with core gameplay mechanics in place and English voice acting for the first 12 hours of the campaign and several side missions...

https://www.pcgamer.com/everspace-2-comes-to-steam-and-gog-on-january-18/

Anyone know how well 1st person cockpit view is implemented in either the first one or this upcoming one? Like, can you pan your view around the cockpit? Thx.

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone know how well 1st person cockpit view is implemented in either the first one or this upcoming one? Like, can you pan your view around the cockpit? Thx.
It's fully modeled and you can look around. They even turn off the regular HUD so you can use the cockpit instruments. The first one even has TrackIR support. It's going to be the same for Everspace 2.

I don't normally do EA games but I will be getting this as soon as it's available.

It's fully modeled and you can look around. They even turn off the regular HUD so you can use the cockpit instruments. The first one even has TrackIR support. It's going to be the same for Everspace 2.

I don't normally do EA games but I will be getting this as soon as it's available.
Thanks for that info, I will look into this one
I have a Saitek X52 HOTAS that I would also want to use for this

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
Will do

Watching the gameplay it looks like combat in first person would be a lot harder b/c you wouldn't be able to see the ships off to your side and behind you.
Well that's part of the challenge of using cockpit view in any space combat game. You trade some immersion for combat awareness.

Well that's part of the challenge of using cockpit view in any space combat game. You trade some immersion for combat awareness.
agreed, I guess what I meant to ask but didn't is whether the game is really designed to be played in 3rd person based on the combat style, like for example how witcher 3's dodge/parry/roll/evade 3rd person combat would not work in 1st person, whereas Skyrim has less dynamic content and thus can be played in either 1st or 3rd person mode without a loss of combat effectiveness

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
agreed, I guess what I meant to ask but didn't is whether the game is really designed to be played in 3rd person based on the combat style, like for example how witcher 3's dodge/parry/roll/evade 3rd person combat would not work in 1st person, whereas Skyrim has less dynamic content and thus can be played in either 1st or 3rd person mode without a loss of combat effectiveness
I think it works just fine personally.