Everex XT5000T Support thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonMasterAlex
Guys, I added some stuff to the OP, check it out!

XP x64 driver locations

A FREE Partitioning tool that will kill the 4GB no problem and move your big partition to the front of the drive. It'll also expand your existing partition if you want to.

A backpack that's secure when you're wearing it (can't be opened) with plenty of padding.

I'll update more as I get more info, if you have anything to contribute please do and I'll add it to the original post for easy access! I dunno about you guys, but I *hate* slogging through threads just to get to the new stuff

OK, I might be retarded, but where did you put all this stuff ???
I searched your posts and could not find anything.
Am I missing something ?

:D hahaha

Could not resist! My finace broke the screen retention mechanism in my olddddddd ass Gateway laptop (PIII 800) and I've wanted something for a little portable gaming for a long time. I saw the old HotDeals thread 2 days after it ended and was pissed. Almost got the laptop at the $900 price but decided to wait. I'm damn glad this deal came back.

Ok, I have a problem and hopefully someone can help me out.
I forgot to run the stupid activation program from Everex so now my Vista starts in activation mode. I have access to the slp20.exe file, but it does not seem to work at the moment. I tried calling the 24/7 Everex support, was on hold for some 20 minutes and gave up. Now I am goig to bed, but I would love to hear if anybody had to deal with this situation. I also tried calling Microsoft but their support did no pick up either. And we have a weekend ahead of us, F!@K !!!
What a ridiculous way to activate Windows and it gave me no warning !!!!
Please help, I can always reinstal, but that would be an overkill, I think. There must be a way to fix it.
And I had a project to do for tomorrow, now it is really a bad situation.
HELP

Out of curiousity... when you tell it to test for Optimal settings in NTune for the GPU, what numbers does it give you? I am seeing is go DOWN from 450 to 427?

-Thanks

The one time I have tried the auto-detect the whole system just froze on me so I have not done it since. I went by the numbers that somebody already posted in this thread. They reported 520/500, which I was afraid to do, they also posted a 3dMark06 score of over 2600, which I was not able to get even close to.

My optimal detection yields 489/488. I can't get my memory much further than that. 500MHz seems to cause lockups. However I'm able to get the core speed up to 540MHz with some extra cooling (small fan blowing on the laptop). By default I stick with that optimal settings the Nvidia drivers come up with. That still yields a 2550 3DMark06 score. I can get 2700 with the 540/490. At 550MHz I start to get goofy stuff on the screen.

Regarding temps. Without any extra outside cooling, may video card gets up to 87C after a few 3DMark test have been run.

everex_490-490.jpg

everex_540-490.jpg

Yeah, XP scores are higher than Vista, but I will wait with the install untill I put 7200rpm drive in. for now I can probably use what I set on my last test.

Ok, I have a problem and hopefully someone can help me out.
I forgot to run the stupid activation program from Everex so now my Vista starts in activation mode. I have access to the slp20.exe file, but it does not seem to work at the moment. I tried calling the 24/7 Everex support, was on hold for some 20 minutes and gave up. Now I am goig to bed, but I would love to hear if anybody had to deal with this situation. I also tried calling Microsoft but their support did no pick up either. And we have a weekend ahead of us, F!@K !!!
What a ridiculous way to activate Windows and it gave me no warning !!!!
Please help, I can always reinstal, but that would be an overkill, I think. There must be a way to fix it.
And I had a project to do for tomorrow, now it is really a bad situation.
HELP.

Have you try reformat and run slp20 again. I dont know if it helps.

p/s make sure you save all backups before nuke it.

phatbx133

My activation problem was solved over the phone by a very nice lady from Microsoft. She was able to give me the activation code and now I am up and running. I wanted to avoid having to reinstall the OS.

An interesting thing happened when I booted up my laptop this morning, my laptop fan made this most unholy grinding sound for about 5 seconds while booting and then has worked fine since. Any ideas why this would start suddenly?

An interesting thing happened when I booted up my laptop this morning, my laptop fan made this most unholy grinding sound for about 5 seconds while booting and then has worked fine since. Any ideas why this would start suddenly?

did you leave any cd or dvd inside while turn on?

try open little lid door and restart to see if plm go away.

hope it help

phatbx133

Yeah I made the mistake of leaving a DVD in my Everex when I shut down....ONCE :) Turned it on and the damn thing sounded like a garbage disposer.

T

Yeah I made the mistake of leaving a DVD in my Everex when I shut down....ONCE :) Turned it on and the damn thing sounded like a garbage disposer.

T

i've heard that noise too. i hope its not scratching the dvd's up :eek:

anyone else having backordered issues. bought the laptop last saturday and later recieved a emial saying that its in stock and ready for fulfillment, but on tuesday when i went to check my order status on officemax.com it said it was back ordered. today i check again and its the same, but its somehow allowing me to put in the xt5000t into the shopping cart after checking its availability

anyone else having backordered issues. bought the laptop last saturday and later recieved a emial saying that its in stock and ready for fulfillment, but on tuesday when i went to check my order status on officemax.com it said it was back ordered. today i check again and its the same, but its somehow allowing me to put in the xt5000t into the shopping cart after checking its availability

maybe its bait and switch :D. anyways i hope you get yours shipped to you soon. its a great lappy :)

The pictures of those GPUs made me wonder. Is the 7600go in XT5000T upgradeable ??? I mean, could we eventually put 7900go in this puppy, OMG, this would be the greatest news in the world !
TL-60+4gb ram+7900Go+2x100GB 7200 rpm - a dream machine !!!!

The pictures of those GPUs made me wonder. Is the 7600go in XT5000T upgradeable ??? I mean, could we eventually put 7900go in this puppy, OMG, this would be the greatest news in the world !
TL-60+4gb ram+7900Go+2x100GB 7200 rpm - a dream machine !!!!

I've been hoping someone would pop it open far enough to find out, but I don't have the guts :)

Can anyone give some input on the speakers? The specs say two speakers and a subwoofer. Is the subwoofer noticeable? Does anyone have experience with the HP DV6000t that could compare the two? I know laptop speakers in general kind of suck, but I do use mine fairly often. The local officemax couldn't remember their password to login to vista on the display laptop so I couldn't play with it.

The speakers are great for a laptop. You can certainly tell that there is a sub, however small it is it helps immensely.
Before I bought the laptop I played with the demo model on display. It was so out of wack that I almost did not it. Fortunately they had a box with a brand new one and they let me take it out and look over, that sold me. I am very happy, for the money you can't go wrong with this computer.

The speakers are great for a laptop. You can certainly tell that there is a sub, however small it is it helps immensely.
Before I bought the laptop I played with the demo model on display. It was so out of wack that I almost did not it. Fortunately they had a box with a brand new one and they let me take it out and look over, that sold me. I am very happy, for the money you can't go wrong with this computer.

Unfortunately the schmuck at the local office max was of no help. Besides giving incorrect information about Everex as a company, he took the time to stress the "no returns on opened laptops, ever" policy (yes it's the official policy, but I've rarely seen it enforced, particularly when they're trying to SELL a laptop!). So I walked out and ordered one online. I still think it'll be my backup plan to the DV6000t I ordered (in case I find something about the DV6000t I can't stand). Still following this forum while trying to decide for sure though :)

The sound system on this is really great, you can crank these speakers to the point of annoying your girlfriend! :) At max vol with a loud source you'll get a bit of vibration sound but other than that its really good.

T

Yup, best sound I've ever heard from a laptop, the sub woofer helps a ton. It's funny though, when I tell people my laptop has a 2.1 speaker setup, they give me the biggest "WTF? 0_o" looks.

As for the high temps, replace the thermal tape they used on the CPU with some arctic silver and your temps will drop about 10c across the board. :D

Yup, best sound I've ever heard from a laptop, the sub woofer helps a ton. It's funny though, when I tell people my laptop has a 2.1 speaker setup, they give me the biggest "WTF? 0_o" looks.

As for the high temps, replace the thermal tape they used on the CPU with some arctic silver and your temps will drop about 10c across the board. :D

i too was highly impressed :) with the sound :D

do you have a walkthrough on removing the cpu heatsink to place the silver?

having problems. i was watching a avi file when the computer locked up real bad. i had to turn it off then restart. unfortuantely that made it stall at the load window. i disabled ndis.sys with the repair console and i can get in safe mode now, but its saying coprocessor in the device manager needs a driver. anyone? :confused:

having problems. i was watching a avi file when the computer locked up real bad. i had to turn it off then restart. unfortuantely that made it stall at the load window. i disabled ndis.sys with the repair console and i can get in safe mode now, but its saying coprocessor in the device manager needs a driver. anyone? :confused:

My computer never locked up ever...but i too see "coprocessor" needing a driver. I'm still trying to figure out what it is. The processor seems to be showing up correctly (shows up twice under "Processors", just like my AMD64 X2 3800+ does on my desktop)

xp sp2 32 bit, weird.

EDIT: i figured it out! i figured it out!

nvidia drivers suck :p :D

actually i still have no clue lol

the weird thing is, i couldn't get into the safe mode without disabling ndis.sys (as thats the next driver after mup.sys, where the system was locking up). ndis.sys is related to the network somehow?

Anybody find any information on an extended life battery yet?

xp sp2 32 bit, weird.

EDIT: i figured it out! i figured it out!

nvidia drivers suck :p :D

actually i still have no clue lol

the weird thing is, i couldn't get into the safe mode without disabling ndis.sys (as thats the next driver after mup.sys, where the system was locking up). ndis.sys is related to the network somehow?

just out of curiosity, what chipset/lan drivers did you use? I decided to give the drivers linked in this post: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030845205&postcount=124 a shot. I'm probably going to test to see whether "Coprocessor" shows up when i use the drivers provided on the everex site.

i used the 94. something found at that link to the tweaks site. i don't think i showed coprocesor until my computer locked up and i finally got into safemode. i used the everex driver and now coprocessor is showing up, but i don't think it was a video issue at all. more an issue to the link i posted about the processor driver conflict.

I've read conflicting reports ppl have had from Everex customer service about being able to upgrade the wireless card.
Has anyone successfully upgraded the video card?

The co processor your see in device manager is realted to the nvidia system drivers..

To install / fix the driver do the following..

download the everex drivers and extract them to the c:\everx folder

go into device manager and go to properties of co processor.

click update driver and navagate to the c:\everex\chipset\smu folder..

it will then find the driver and install it..

*** sorry about not having the exact locations but i am at work and its monday but you get the idea on what needs to be done ***

Mobilecommand

i tried everyone of the everex and nvidia folders. it couldn't find it in any of them? :confused:

good idea, but i tried it yesterday to no avail

EDIT: perhaps i didn't do the chipset from the everex website, now that i think about it. i will check in a few!

yes you NEED the chipset drivers from everex's web site..

The hacked 3rd party drivers or nvidia's forceware drivers will not add the driver for the co processor.. the only driver that seams to support it is the Everex chipset driver.

P.s. you do not need to run the setup just do the update driver on the co processor driver in device manager and point to the smu folder...

mobilecommand

So for those of you who have installed WinXP 32-bit, are there any drivers you would suggest using beside the ones on the Everex page?

Back