Eurogamer gave FarCry 3 10/10

Brent_Justice has a completely different voice then what I had in my head...yes we all form physical impressions of forum members by their screen name and postings

Yep, in the video he sounded like he had a used, unwashed oil rag shoved up his nostrils. :p

Brent_Justice has a completely different voice then what I had in my head...yes we all form physical impressions of forum members by their screen name and postings

this game has me glued to my chair! Have been playing this game for two days only, have already put in 20+ hours and i'm only about 1/3 completed.

Anyone sometimes randomly have npc's that like......shake? It's like the npc will REALLY fast shake back and fourth...

Yeah, I've seen that a couple times now. Mostly far away guys that just spawned.

finished * path of the hunter :D

finished * the rest of the story quests, wanted dead and supply drops, phew.. there goes the whole fucking night in front of the pc lol, still have 8 more of the main quests (30/38) and its gone, is over, everything, all of it. awesome game, entertaining as fuck, and.. jesus you motherfucker sand monkey christ, wheres the fuck is the last reeeliiiicccc?? seriously, i have to find it! (relic spider 13) :D

Anyone sometimes randomly have npc's that like......shake? It's like the npc will REALLY fast shake back and fourth...

Yes. It's a pretty annoying bug, especially when you're lining up a sniper shot. I've seen the shake occur at all distances.. Close and far. It's not a game breaker, but I hope the devs fix it soon.

Yes. It's a pretty annoying bug, especially when you're lining up a sniper shot. I've seen the shake occur at all distances.. Close and far. It's not a game breaker, but I hope the devs fix it soon.

It's Ubisoft, so keep hoping...

Brent sounds exactly as I would have imagined.

Also I'm totally digging this game. Its everything Far Cry 2 failed to be and more .. totally worth the price of admission.

Is it perfect? Nope but normally I avoid Ubisoft games like the plague , however if they apply this kind of care with PC development in future games I may have to reverse my final decision on that.

Still fucking hate online forced DRM.

oh gawd, finished, even did both endings.. need to sleep.. fucked.. im done.. 20hs straight.. since yesterday.. im all fucked up.. i'll post some shit tomorrow.. or is today? nnnn... game asked if i wanted to continue to finish stuff.. finish what, nothing more to be done, i played like a boss.

oh gawd, finished, even did both endings.. need to sleep.. fucked.. im done.. 20hs straight.. since yesterday.. im all fucked up.. i'll post some shit tomorrow.. or is today? nnnn... game asked if i wanted to continue to finish stuff.. finish what, nothing more to be done, i played like a boss.

lol

How are you alive!?

I did the same installed the game and didn't stop playing till it was done. i took about the same time as you. but man i am getting to old for that kinda stuff. when i was in school i played bf2 for 42 hours straight one weekend then went to class on Monday and was fine. now i pull an all nighter and i feel like i am going to die lol. it was worth it though.

I did the same installed the game and didn't stop playing till it was done. i took about the same time as you. but man i am getting to old for that kinda stuff. when i was in school i played bf2 for 42 hours straight one weekend then went to class on Monday and was fine. now i pull an all nighter and i feel like i am going to die lol. it was worth it though.

wow. And here I don't remember the last time I played anything for 2 hrs straight even, and I don't have kids or anything either. Do you people not have a job, wife/gf etc..?

wow. And here I don't remember the last time I played anything for 2 hrs straight even, and I don't have kids or anything either. Do you people not have a job, wife/gf etc..?

2.5 weeks of vaca time i need to take by end of December or its gone.

Good plan.

I wonder about people that never use/take their vacations. DO IT!

Can't take any in December for me, due to crunch time ;) .

But I took a week off in November and did some traveling, was great, do it ever year. :)

I do get 10 days off in about 2 weeks, so pumped for that.

Just had a strange glitch that happened with the game. Was driving along real nice and all of a sudden started to get some in game graphic distortions/breakdown and then ultimately a CTD.

Anyone else have any problems like that?

Just had a strange glitch that happened with the game. Was driving along real nice and all of a sudden started to get some in game graphic distortions/breakdown and then ultimately a CTD.

Anyone else have any problems like that?

Haven't had a single crash in 50 hours of gameplay. I'm really impressed with the stability of this game. And I still haven't even left the first island haha.

It's Ubisoft, so keep hoping...

Your cynicism would be amusing, if only it were not true :rolleyes::)

I get AI and NPC vibration, where the AI will vibrate/stutter extremely fast.

How are you alive!?

alive and well! i think i'll play again sometime.. maybe next year.. if they put a fuckton of dlcs available, otherwise, this is it. done.

oh yeah?

farcry32012120623420105.jpg

farcry32012120623421045.jpg

farcry32012120623421603.jpg

eat me! :D

I didn't have a single crash until I updated to nvidia's 310.70 driver...

Another reminder to people experiencing lockups - if you're overclocking your NVIDIA GPU, stop. Maybe its same for AMD cards, dunno don't have one. Game seems particularly sensitive to OC. Run the game for a while at default GPU clock/memory/voltage/whatev, see if it locks up again so you can at least rule that out.

In my case I haven't experienced a single lockup in about 16 hours of gameplay over the last few days, GTX680 and DX11 executable, ever since I backed off my OC settings. Before that, they were constant. And I know how to OC a GPU, been doing it a long time, at max OC it runs <55C WC'd and games like BF3 can run all day long at its max OC @ 99-100% utilization. Its not that FC3 necessarily works the card harder than other games, something's just up with the code. But not losing sleep over it, game runs fine and never ever dips below 70FPS at optimized ingame GFX settings.

Last edited:
Some say if you're having crashing with an nVidia card after changing drivers deleting the GamerProfile.xml file found in C:\Users\accountname\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3 works. The game will create a new one.

you fuckers are going to make me buy this game at full price. damn you all to hell.... :)

you fuckers are going to make me buy this game at full price. damn you all to hell.... :)

I know what you mean. This thread made me drive up to Best Buy today, I got the retail version.

In fact, I just finished installing, getting ready to play right now!!!!

jiminator said:
you fuckers are going to make me buy this game at full price. damn you all to hell....

+1

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Gaddammit. I just installed it, and it keeps crashing. I can't even get past the first 10 min of the game.

It says it supposed to use 12GB of space, but my dir only had like 9.8GB. The patches were installed when I launched from Uplay.

I have the retail disk version, so I un-installed, and re-installing again right now.

How much space is it using on yours?

I got mine off of steam. My FC3 folder is 9.82Gb.

I'm running it with the ultra preset (HDAO is selected) @ 1920x1200 without AA. I'm using the latest AMD drivers with the CAP. My graphics is a single Asus HD 7950. I'm currently running that card at its stock speed of 900MHz. CPU is an FX 6300 @ 4.66GHz. I'm running that over a 2600NB with 8Gb of DDR 3 2133 ram @ 10-11-10-29 1T.

I'm using vsync on a P-IPS LCD. The game looks and runs fine. I'm most often in the mid 50s for FPS.

Last edited:
It was fucking Eyefinity. Geeezus christ.

I disabled eyefinity and only used one display and now its working fine with no crashes.

But come on Ubishit no eyefinity support?

About crashes - this game hates OCed cards. Had to actually downclock the 670 PE to the levels of stock, to get no crashes in DX11.

Now, as I beaten this game, here's my pros and cons
PRO:
1) First Island - quests are fun, lots of hunting activity, you do things to get all the poaches and quivers.
2) Vaas and Hoyt - best pair of evil NPCs I seen from some time in any shoooter. Hell, Vaas was so crazy, that you even started to like him. Especially when he tells you about "definitione of insanity". Hoyt was great too.
3) Hunting with bow and no hunter's syringes :)
4) Exploring, driving, climbing, paragliding, shark hunting from boat, bonus quests
5) Lore around Island - letters from Japanese soldiers, drug receipe memory cards, different drugs
6) endings and plot twist at the last missions of game

Cons:
1) 2nd Island - boring, blatant, there is no incentive to do extra activities, as all of needed collectibels like ammo holsters you got on 1st one, and you killed all the rare animals there too
2) a bit too big - you feel, you play it longer then on first, because distance between camps and towers is bigger
3) Mystic crap - I don't want to be an effing warrior from legend with mystic tatau
4) Boss fight, it feels like being on drugs, not a proper boss fight (especially Vaas)
5)Too much sneaking, too little gun blazing - going gung-ho does not award good XP, and in a shooter one would expect that both sneaking and John Wayne way would be same rewards

5)Too much sneaking, too little gun blazing - going gung-ho does not award good XP, and in a shooter one would expect that both sneaking and John Wayne way would be same rewards

I believe they did this because going loud will likely attract reinforcements, adding to the total number of guys you would be killing to capture the camp, therefore increasing the total available XP. If you snuck up behind and killed all the guys in the camp and the XP given was equal, you would kill a smaller number of enemies and receive less XP than someone going in guns blazing.

Those are just my thoughts, not sure if the developer ever explained it.

Back