Eurogamer gave FarCry 3 10/10

We'll see, Far Cry 2 got high praise initially as well.

there are only 3-4 gaming review sites I trust and Eurogamer is one of them...very good sign...RockPaperShotgun, Destructoid, Eurogamer and ArsTechnica are review sites I look to for good reviews

I'll wait for forum members to get it and start talking about it. I got burned by Far Cry 2. Which also had stellar reviews despite being one of the worst games I've ever played.

I'll wait for forum members to get it and start talking about it. I got burned by Far Cry 2. Which also had stellar reviews despite being one of the worst games I've ever played.

This is my new litmus test as well!

Bullshit.

Exactly.

I'm gonna buy it. Wish me luck :(

Despite myself and despite my loathing of part 2 I might as well.

It'll probably be a good game. There's no way in ten hells it's a 10/10 game.

Shoot, I'm not sure the last game I played that I'd personally give a 10/10. That's like Super Mario Bros. and all time classics for me with a score like that.

Despite myself and despite my loathing of part 2 I might as well.

It'll probably be a good game. There's no way in ten hells it's a 10/10 game.

Shoot, I'm not sure the last game I played that I'd personally give a 10/10. That's like Super Mario Bros. and all time classics for me with a score like that.

If it does end up being 10/10 material, it will at least raise the bar once again for shooters. If it's the 7/10 I'm expecting, you can be sure I'll not be too happy.

I really loved the original Far Cry so if FC3 is 85% of that then I'll be very happy

If it does end up being 10/10 material, it will at least raise the bar once again for shooters. If it's the 7/10 I'm expecting, you can be sure I'll not be too happy.

I think you and I both know which of those two outcomes is more likely. ;)

I'd be happy if it ends up being an 8/10 game realistically.

I really loved the original Far Cry so if FC3 is 85% of that then I'll be very happy

Same. I'd even be happy with a straight-up modern remake of the game. It's one of the best shooters of the modern era.

I think you and I both know which of those two outcomes is more likely. ;)

I'd be happy if it ends up being an 8/10 game realistically.

Trending 9/10 on Metacritic out of 14 reviews. When the embargo lifts, we will see which direction that score heads.

Trending 9/10 on Metacritic out of 14 reviews. When the embargo lifts, we will see which direction that score heads.

Feels too high. Got to be some hype meter in that. I'll be amazed if it holds around that range after the embargo.

When does the embargo lift? The answer to that question usually tells me a lot about a game right off the bat.

Does this game have UPlay?

Edit: Google was my friend. According to GameSpy, one time online activation is required, and then no connection is needed. But didn't Ubi say the same about From Dust and then had it require an internet connection anyway?

Feels too high. Got to be some hype meter in that. I'll be amazed if it holds around that range after the embargo.

When does the embargo lift? The answer to that question usually tells me a lot about a game right off the bat.

Normally 1-3 days before launch.

Still fairly excited for this title. I guess I am the minority by saying I enjoyed Farcry 2 :p

Same I don't trust reviews from anyone anymore.

The main reason is that as a normal player I struggle to finish some games that reviewers claim are massively long, large and open-world and yet they somehow manage to complete, analyze and review in under a week.

I call bullshit. Even from a reviewers perspective if I have to sit down and finish a game in 8 straight hours like it's a job you can bet every little thing I find wrong with it is gonna stick out like a big fuckin sore thumb.

If you give a game a 10/10 it better be a goddamn game for the age's which from the trailers I've seen of this game I severely fuckin doubt. All I've seen are a bunch of videos and screenshots that look exactly like FarCry 2 and some irritating Hispanic parody filling up my screen with shitty puns.

This game literally looks like far Cry 2 with all the sincerity and political commentary removed which was literally it's only redeeming quality.

I like this from RPS
You see, Far Cry 3 allows you to carry up to four weapons, and your machete. But when the game starts you only have a single holster. Want another one? Make it. Make it out of a dead goat.

Agreed. I forced myself to play through to the end. Too bad I can't get those hours of life back.

Until this point Far Cry 3 was only on my radar as a steam sale buy, but the initial reviews are looking quite positive.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/21/wot-i-think-far-cry-3-single-player/

so 2 out of the 4 review websites that I trust have graded this game very highly...I think I'm a believer now...RPS are not paid shills who are paid to endorse games...both Eurogamer and RPS review scores generally align with my own after finishing games

so the game is getting excellent reviews (from reputable sites) and yet some still don't believe yet some of the same people in here were gung-ho about early Hitman reviews?...I guess early reviews only count if it agrees or disagress with your already predetermined opinion about the game :rolleyes: ...people are waiting for forum members to weigh in with their opinion after playing?...forums are the same like review sites...both ends of the extreme and some in the middle...one is not better then another

Last edited:
so 2 out of the 4 review websites that I trust have graded this game very highly...I think I'm a believer now...RPS are not paid shills who are paid to endorse games...both Eurogamer and RPS review scores generally align with my own after finishing games

so the game is getting excellent reviews (from reputable sites) and yet some still don't believe yet some of the same people in here were gung-ho about early Hitman reviews?...I guess early reviews only count if it agrees or disagress with your already predetermined opinion about the game :rolleyes: ...people are waiting for forum members to weigh in with their opinion after playing?...forums are the same like review sites...both ends of the extreme and some in the middle...one is not better then another

Our Euro friends will have to tell us first. The US version releases on December 4th :mad:

I wouldn't care what game it is: 10/10?

when was the last time Eurogamer gave a game a 10/10?...take that score with the other reputable scores that have come out and it makes it look more then possible...we are overdue for a 10/10 game...even if it's a 9/10 it still sounds like a really excellent game...point being some people are way to quick to dismiss a review if it doesn't coincide with their preconceived notions...looks like the PCGamer review of Hitman: Absolution which Hitman fans wanted to dismiss turned out to be more right then wrong

Interested. But then I saw a screenshot with the same jeeps they had in Farcry 2.

Still not sure yet.

If they had the same openness and unique missions like STALKER with the gameplay of Crysis 1 it would probably be the perfect game.

when was the last time Eurogamer gave a game a 10/10?...take that score with the other reputable scores that have come out and it makes it look more then possible...we are overdue for a 10/10 game...even if it's a 9/10 it still sounds like a really excellent game...

I sure hope you're right. 10/10 is the type of score I personally would rarely use.

point being some people are way to quick to dismiss a review if it doesn't coincide with their preconceived notions...looks like the PCGamer review of Hitman: Absolution which Hitman fans wanted to dismiss turned out to be more right then wrong

I wasn't one of those fans. I took the warning to heart. ;) Thankfully that review lowered my expectations enough that I'm enjoying the game on its own merits. It's a pretty darned good game.

Then again, I remember a LOT of people giving Bioshock 10/10.

I personally didn't really like it and despite several tries, I rarely get past twenty minutes of it.

Same. I'd even be happy with a straight-up modern remake of the game. It's one of the best shooters of the modern era.

A handful of the levels were great, the rest were somewhere between mediocre and shit. But some people despise FC2 so aggressively that they have an inflated sense of how good the original was.

Im confused, I thought Farcry 3 has long been out? or maybe thats just console only?

I always put more trust in what "actual" gamers have to say, but...

...if you've kept up with developer vids, general information etc. and seen the world, the gameplay up until now, even if the review seems a little "too highly praising" of the game, I cant imagine it is actually that far off, based on what I've seen of FC3.

The devs have done so much with, not only the world itself, which looks outstanding, but also the mechanics, world interactivity, AI, many different mechanics in terms of ways to approach objectives, enemies etc., and even added an RPG-type mechanic of crafting things etc.

I'd say it has a lot going for it, and I just feel good about it, so I already pre-ordered it on Steam.

Fingers crossed... I've been waiting for this since the original Far Cry.

FC2 had its moments... but It never felt like a sequel to the original and didn't do it justice.

10/10 means perfect, nothing wrong or missing. Very very few games should ever get that.

This. A simple screenshot breaks the 10/10. FC2 had far better visuals, and some reviewers agreed. BAM. 9/10 right there, regardless of anything else. The gameplay will have to rock to get past the over saturated cartoon graphics.

Back