Eurogamer gave FarCry 3 10/10

I've mostly enjoyed FC3 but I'm at the end having to defend my helicopter and I'm getting bombarded with RPGs and can't locate the shooters fast enough to take them out. They blend in too good! Maybe I should run it in 1024×768 or lower the difficulty. I'm getting fired on before I can shoot them but I'm guessing that they expect me to take the hit the first time and then zero in on them and take them out before they shoot again.

Kinda wondering if the game was screwy because I noticed some birds sitting in thin air when they were supposed to be on a ledge 10 feet away and another guy just laying in the road on his back that was supposed to be working under a truck +10 feet away. This game has some funny bugs, particularly the people models twitching/flickering. Saw the same thing in Blood Dragon.

I dont think turning down you res will help you see better lol. i didn't have many problems with that last chopper mission but if you are having trouble just sit closer to through screen. also turn up aa if you can it will make things easier to see at a distance.

edit: holy thread necro

I dont think turning down you res will help you see better lol. i didn't have many problems with that last chopper mission but if you are having trouble just sit closer to through screen. also turn up aa if you can it will make things easier to see at a distance.

edit: holy thread necro
:D

I do have AA completely off to stay closer to 60FPS so maybe I'll try turning it on and sitting closer.

Maybe YOU should be firing RPGs back at them?
I didn't think I could detach from the helicopter's gun.

edit: Managed to get through and chose to save my friends then watched the other ending on YouTube. All's I have to say is I hope Citra was sure she was ovulating when she made her final decision.

Last edited:
Have you tried to disable the godawful DoF blur / distance blur? I don't think it's in the regular options, but you can edit the one config file to. It's what I did and it looks so much better IMHO.

That final mission was a bear. I think I failed it 5-6 different times. Some of it comes down to shooting those rocket guys the instant they come on-screen. It's almost as though they want you to have to play it a few times so that you learn where they are.

No clue why, but I did almost all of the side missions in FC3. I freed all of the bases, got all of the weapons, got all of the upgrades, etc.
I didn't get all of the relics, but did everything else. I just really enjoyed the game.

I recently replayed this game and got through the last mission on my first try. Though I do remember it taking 5-6 times on my first playthrough.

Honestly, I could replay to that over-the-top sequence with "Ride of the Valkyries" playing in the background a hundred times...

Back