Escape From Tarkov

how is the newest update?

As shit as all the others. I finally uninstalled thia trash heap.

Devs havent done much in forever and their plans are so far fetched they would never complete it.

Game became such trash. Only thing fun anymore is pve.

When a Scav smells fresh legs nearby
Dvxi-sMW0AEoV31.jpg

As shit as all the others. I finally uninstalled thia trash heap.

Devs havent done much in forever and their plans are so far fetched they would never complete it.

Game became such trash. Only thing fun anymore is pve.

I guess you could say... you Escaped from Tarkov

I love Tarkov... when I'm not getting shot through objects by SCAV's... ;)

Some big happenings coming to Tarkov:

Hello, comrades!

We are at the full speed ahead and we can see the land on the horizon. Many things are done.
Time for next status update.

• unity 2018 migration, optimizations, fixes. We have a good results in terms of optimization. Migration is done.
  • hideout - Last bonuses implementation and polishing.
  • new map - mil base. Current status - polishing.
  • stationary weapon mechanics. KORD is done. AGS is in progress.
  • new exfils. Train exfil is polishing.
  • weapon builds system - done.
  • character clothing customization - done (5 pairs of clothing for each PMCs).
  • new content. Decided to add more gear. 0.12 is the biggest patch in terms of items already.
  • new trader and his quests. Quests polishing.
  • new bosses. Wood's boss is ready. Milbase boss is ready. Guards setup and polishing are in progress.
  • 3rd person character animations overhaul and optimization - done. (3rd person, what you see of other players/AI. Not a game mode)
  • Added new high performance long distance grass, adding TAA antialiasing and HBAO.
  • Added new explosion effects.
  • And many many other changes and fixes.
What's left to complete in general:

• All major features finalizing and in-house playtesting.
  • Additional performance issues fixing.
  • Continuing bugfixing (especially new bugs).
  • Initial balancing (hideout, clothing customization).
  • New anticheat system refinement .
Thanks for waiting!

-BSG team

I am most excited for the long distance grass and the addition of the Battle-eye anti-cheat system.

I only really play solo but I love this game. i'm lvl 36 I think. usually play around 10pm cst - if anyone ever looking for a partner, shoot me a pm

Battle eye divided cheeks, dickied all the needles and brought the cheeki back, excited for the patch.

how much of the game is pvp vs coop? is pvp optional? because you have to figure at some point cheaters will wreck the game

Leave my tarkov alone

I knew this shit would happen after it went big on Twitch.

The comments on that article are gold.. The problem with this world. Everyone thinks their opinion matters..

how much of the game is pvp vs coop? is pvp optional? because you have to figure at some point cheaters will wreck the game

Thats the only reason Im afraid of this game getting the fame its getting. Dont get me wrong the developers deserve the recognition, as they have built an awesome game. But with the fame comes the little bitches that cheat. The game is mainly PVP, with some AI scattered around. You can play an offline mode, but wont gain anything.

Now granted, there have been cheats out for a while for it, but I dunno if its because of how many people vs the map size, that I honestly haven't felt like I've been killed by a cheater. And Ive played since a few weeks after release.

You're going to get into PvP. There are ways of avoiding it, of course, but this game is primarily PvPvE.

Cheating was a huge problem 2 or 3 months ago. This was primarily due to their reliance on an in house anticheat system. They have since been using Battle Eye, which has drastically reduced the amount of cheaters. I've personally not seen any, since they updated.

My son talked me into getting this game for us in early December. A week later we upgraded to the $140 eod edition. For us the game is seriously addicting.
Every time I hear gun shots or foot steps my heart races. I haven't ever felt as rewarded in a game as getting out of a Tarkov raid full of loot.

Just wish I had the reflexes that I had 10 years ago lol.

anyone want to start a [H] group?

it’s been a year, but did there end up being a [H] tarkov group? i just started playing the game around 2 weeks ago and am having a blast. would love to play with other folks here as i really enjoy the squad play over playing solo

feel free to add me in game (same name as on here), and on discord (speedy523#3485)

I’ll add you guys too, no idea what the fawk I’m doing here. Just got it a week ago but only have 25 min or so play time.

bizzmeister

( will update my discord since I don’t know the #, shortly )

Dr. Disrespect is playing this game for the Hype train seems like a slower paced game.

This game has been a hit and miss for me these last few weeks. I can't tell you how many times my buddy and I have sat for literally an hour or two looking for a game(and yes, that's with a bunch of servers enabled NOT on auto). But then as soon as we go solo, POW, a game within a minute or two.

Doesn't matter if we pick day or night start time, nor a map.
Last night was the same crap. We must have tried to queue a dozen different maps and times and still waited up to 10 minutes per. Absolutely insane.
Most watched game on Twitch but with the most absurd load times.

The match making alone has nearly killed my reason to continue interest in this game.

The concept is astounding, and it's actually one of the best rushes I've gotten from any game in a long time, but up to an hour queue on a Friday night? [H] PASS.

kind of amazed this game has survived... I haven't touched it in over a year i think. Did they ever fix all the crap like bad net code, armor being useless, no 3d sound, terrible optimization,etc?

I mean the game still looks exactly like it did a year ago which is nothing like they keep saying the game is supposed to be.... "Its not a looter shooter" yet the game has been just that forever....Seriously wish they could just add a PvE character stash so you could just screw around that way and keep stuff but keep it seperate from the PvP character.

i just dont ever see this game being "Finished"

kind of amazed this game has survived... I haven't touched it in over a year i think. Did they ever fix all the crap like bad net code, armor being useless, no 3d sound, terrible optimization,etc?

I mean the game still looks exactly like it did a year ago which is nothing like they keep saying the game is supposed to be.... "Its not a looter shooter" yet the game has been just that forever....Seriously wish they could just add a PvE character stash so you could just screw around that way and keep stuff but keep it seperate from the PvP character.

i just dont ever see this game being "Finished"

Not sure how you mean armor was useless, but I emptied 20 rounds(20 rounds hit out of 21 on the recap screen) on a guy about 10 feet from me and he didn't drop. Full armor.

See my post above about optimization. As far as in game? It's not uncommon to see random lag spikes jumping to the 200's in my experience, but it's not all that bad.
With my signature specs, I'm getting fairly good framerates on medium to high settings @ 1440p though.

Not sure how you mean armor was useless, but I emptied 20 rounds(20 rounds hit out of 21 on the recap screen) on a guy about 10 feet from me and he didn't drop. Full armor.

See my post above about optimization. As far as in game? It's not uncommon to see random lag spikes jumping to the 200's in my experience, but it's not all that bad.
With my signature specs, I'm getting fairly good framerates on medium to high settings @ 1440p though.
what are your frame rates? I also have a 1070 and 1440p

temped to pick this game up next time it goes on sale.

im not talking about now, i was talking a year ago. that is how the game was then. cheating, TT sniping full ormoered people to death in shot, people running and gunning like it was quake and what not.

My son talked me into getting this game for us in early December. A week later we upgraded to the $140 eod edition. For us the game is seriously addicting.
Every time I hear gun shots or foot steps my heart races. I haven't ever felt as rewarded in a game as getting out of a Tarkov raid full of loot.

Just wish I had the reflexes that I had 10 years ago lol.

Was just looking at the different tiers you can buy and noticed what appear to be in-game differences based on the amount spent. Are these in-game items that you start with each time?

Standard Edition ($45):
  • Bonus equipment at start, including:
    • knife (ER Bayonet)
    • tactical rig x2 (depends on selected faction)
    • backpack x2 (MBSS - 4x4 cells)
    • Secure container (2x2)
    • Grach or P226 pistol x3 (depends on selected faction)
    • pistol magazines x9
    • pistol ammo x180
    • Makarov Pistol x3
    • pistol magazines x9
    • pistol ammo x150
    • canned meat x4
    • bottled water x3
    • AI-2 medkit x6
    • bandages x6
    • splint x6
    • 300k roubles
    • AKS74U + 2 loaded magazines
Edge of Darkness Limited Edition ($140):
  • Additional equipment and resources in stash:
    • Tactical Tomahawk
    • backpack x2 (Tri-Zip - 5x6 cells)
    • Unique secure gamma-container (3x3)
    • Grach or P226 pistol x4 (depends on selected faction)
    • pistol magazines x12
    • pistol ammo x180
    • Makarov Pistol x3
    • pistol magazines x9
    • pistol ammo x150
    • canned meat x8
    • bottled water x6
    • AI-2 medkit x9
    • bandages x9
    • splint x9
    • 400k roubles
    • AKS74U+2 loaded magazines
    • АК74N+2 loaded magazines
    • Salewa first aid kit
    • RGD-5 grenade х2
    • SMG Vityaz or HK MP5 + 2 loaded magazines (depending on selected faction)
    • 3000 dollars
    • Kiver helmet
    • Pilad reflex sight
    • IFAK first aid kit
    • АК74 M1-B Ultimak handguard
    • Grizzly first aid kit
    • Alfa tactical rig
    • morphine injector х2
    • SV98 sniper rifle + 1 loaded magazine
    • Silencerco Hybrid 46 silencer
    • Silencerco Hybrid 46 silencer adaptor
    • pistol case (3x3)
    • 6B43 6А body armor
    • MPX submachine gun + 2 loaded magazines
    • M4 LVOA-S handguard

what are your frame rates? I also have a 1070 and 1440p

temped to pick this game up next time it goes on sale.

Roughly 60 to 80 frames @1440p - 1070 does just fine for this game

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Was just looking at the different tiers you can buy and noticed what appear to be in-game differences based on the amount spent. Are these in-game items that you start with each time?

Standard Edition ($45):
  • Bonus equipment at start, including:
    • knife (ER Bayonet)
    • backpack x2 (MBSS - 4x4 cells)
    • Secure container (2x2)
    • Grach or P226 pistol x3 (depends on selected faction)
    • pistol magazines x9
    • pistol ammo x180
    • Makarov Pistol x3
    • pistol magazines x9
    • pistol ammo x150
    • canned meat x4
    • bottled water x3
    • AI-2 medkit x6
    • bandages x6
    • splint x6
    • 300k roubles
    • AKS74U + 2 loaded magazines
Edge of Darkness Limited Edition ($140):
  • Additional equipment and resources in stash:
    • Tactical Tomahawk
    • backpack x2 (Tri-Zip - 5x6 cells)
    • Unique secure gamma-container (3x3)
    • Grach or P226 pistol x4 (depends on selected faction)
    • pistol magazines x12
    • pistol ammo x180
    • Makarov Pistol x3
    • pistol magazines x9
    • pistol ammo x150
    • canned meat x8
    • bottled water x6
    • AI-2 medkit x9
    • bandages x9
    • splint x9
    • 400k roubles
    • AKS74U+2 loaded magazines
    • АК74N+2 loaded magazines
    • Salewa first aid kit
    • RGD-5 grenade х2
    • SMG Vityaz or HK MP5 + 2 loaded magazines (depending on selected faction)
    • 3000 dollars
    • Kiver helmet
    • Pilad reflex sight
    • IFAK first aid kit
    • АК74 M1-B Ultimak handguard
    • Grizzly first aid kit
    • Alfa tactical rig
    • morphine injector х2
    • SV98 sniper rifle + 1 loaded magazine
    • Silencerco Hybrid 46 silencer
    • Silencerco Hybrid 46 silencer adaptor
    • pistol case (3x3)
    • 6B43 6А body armor
    • MPX submachine gun + 2 loaded magazines
    • M4 LVOA-S handguard

Yes you start with them each wipe.
The starting gear didn't influence me much in the upgrade. I just wanted the inventory space.

Don't pay attention to the items you get. If you're paying $140, you're buying it to;

A) Support the Devs
B) The maximum stash size you can get in the game
C) All of the Above

It's definitely not 'pay to win'. But the increased stash size is pretty helpful when you're starting fresh. Players who don't get the EoD edition need to upgrade their stash size through the Hideout, and it's an insane grind.

I haven't played since the Twitch Drops event. The servers have been absolutely wrecked by the surge of new players. Top that with the already-abysmal netcode, and it can be a chore to 'like' this game sometimes.

All of that said; there's no better rush. I'll just be waiting until they finish the server upgrades before diving back in. 5 months until next wipe is plenty of time for a break.

I'll also say; Nikita said their current priority is for quicker queue times and better stability.

He failed to mention that they actually decreased the in-raid times by 5 minutes or more on all maps. Kinda scummy, but he did mention yesterday that it wasn't permanent.

Thanks Twitch! :sick:

AiX the only important piece is stash size and the secure container size. all the other gear you'll lose so quickly you might as well sell it all to have cash on hand. Unless you are really good and understand all the maps and game quirks, the gear you start with is already lost.

I'm waiting on the servers to get stable/have enough of them again before playing any more this wipe.

Sitting at level 36 with mostly uninteresting quests, 130ish flea market rep, more rubles than I know what to do with and tons of gear in cases. This is the furthest I've gotten since owning the game Nov 2018 and I feel pretty satisfied with the progress I made. I'm hoping the Steam audio patch is released in this wipe as that and stable servers will get me to play a lot more. The sound directionality/distance/propagation (which is awful) in this game and fixing it would take away one of my big gripes with it.

what is the steam audio patch? do you not have to use their shit launcher anymore?

what is the steam audio patch? do you not have to use their shit launcher anymore?

Steam audio would be a complete re-working of their existing locational audio setup. The game won't be available on Steam for a long long time :p

I'm waiting on the servers to get stable/have enough of them again before playing any more this wipe.

Sitting at level 36 with mostly uninteresting quests, 130ish flea market rep, more rubles than I know what to do with and tons of gear in cases. This is the furthest I've gotten since owning the game Nov 2018 and I feel pretty satisfied with the progress I made. I'm hoping the Steam audio patch is released in this wipe as that and stable servers will get me to play a lot more. The sound directionality/distance/propagation (which is awful) in this game and fixing it would take away one of my big gripes with it.

So they will finally add surround sound? The sound engine is atrocious and good to onow they are fixing it. Sounds themselves are great though

The Steam Audio library is a complete sound engine replacement that does better positional sound, better propagation, etc and hopefully fixes all the damn sound bugs (silent nades, silent footsteps, hearing people plain as day two stories up from you in a building, blah blah blah).

The audio engine is a mess right now and hopefully they do a good integration with the new library and are a premiere title for displaying its capabilities.

I'm just taking a break until they can properly scale their servers and netcode to accommodate the massive influx of Twitch users.

Back