Escape From Tarkov

Eh, i bought it a few weeks ago, and have maybe put 3 hours in.

Performance is fine with my rig in sig, and my AMD Fx rig with a 1050ti,.I havent notice any slow downs..

Tho, as far as the game.. Ugh. Its seriously a hate relationship with it. Especially when playing solo.. Theres a few times i have ran through with a hatchet, and never saw anyone or anything. Take a gun in with me, and instantly get killed.. Its definitely annoying.

They gave out some nice fully modded weapons, buuuttt... im to afraid to take them in a raid and loose them till i feel a bit more comfortable..

there is no point to good gear. you will just lose it due to some BS.

Yeah I just spent a whole 40 mins on shoreline, to just get one shot by a AI scav...

Yeah I just spent a whole 40 mins on shoreline, to just get one shot by a AI scav...

This is a huge complaint amongst the community. AI skavs are entirely too accurate, and they instantly know your location. The devs really need to tone it down, if that's not what they're shooting for.

This is a huge complaint amongst the community. AI skavs are entirely too accurate, and they instantly know your location. The devs really need to tone it down, if that's not what they're shooting for.

everything is inconsistent in the game. I ran around today on shoreline with a hatchet and just ran at scavs and would kill them. they wouldn't even move or if they did start to move it would be once i was on top of them. wack down over 5 of them in one area (the depot)
Then at other time you can prone in the bushes like 200 yards away and they snap too and pop you with a hand gun.

gun play in general is atrocious. Had a thing again today. using a SKS. pop a guy 7 times and he pops me with one shot from a hand gun.

This is why the game has no purpose. There is zero reason to try, zero reason to deal with trying to find and collect good equipment. Even if you die you can't even jump back in and try to get stuff back from your body.

I am also amazed that a game that really requires you to listen DOES NOT HAVE 3D sound!!!!! WTF is that shit. stereo only.. is this 1960?

Been trying to get into it but the game play is way to inconstient, it also runs like complete crap. Fair warning to anyone who is looking to try the game there is no refunds

Been trying to get into it but the game play is way to inconstient, it also runs like complete crap. Fair warning to anyone who is looking to try the game there is no refunds

yea I'm trying right now to get one. I will probably even try a CC charge back. I expect some level of usage even from a beta but this really isn't working at all for me.
they claim "legal reasons" as to why they can't give you a refund because the TOS says so....which I think doesn't really matter in the end if the product isn't really usable. it might as well not exist.

how much are they charging?

Looks like standard price is $45 but they have it at 25% off currently, so around $34.

Way too much for this game, it sounds like.

EDIT: Oh, and they have other "editions" that go up to around $100 as well...lol.

$45 is way too much for an Early Access game...I thought that by cutting out the middle man (such as Steam) they would pass some of that savings on to the consumer...guess not

$45 is way too much for an Early Access game...I thought that by cutting out the middle man (such as Steam) they would pass some of that savings on to the consumer...guess not

pretty sure they didn't steam it because its a steaming pile and steam would hand out refunds.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
They are keeping it off steam so no refunds will be issued, i tried to do a chargeback with my cc provider and it was rejected because of their TOS

Damn. Going by its popularity on Twitch, I never woulda guessed they would be so shady.

I'm several hundred hours in at this point. There are bugs, yes. But nothing game breaking for me. The servers right now are a super aids coated dumpster fire because they opened them up with a ton of free 7 day stress test keys. The game is not at it's best at the moment. It's brutally hard, but once you figure it out you can have a really good time. Its tense and amazing at times, and chock full of stupid bullshit the very next moment. When the servers aren't bad the gunplay is sublime, and as a gun guy the modding and weapons are awesomely realistic. I would advise waiting if you're not 100% sold on it though, but the devs have remained agile in their patching and they are pretty consistently present in streams and on Reddit and the forums, which is nice to see.

I bought the EOD edition and I regret nothing. If you want some in game help let me know, I'll share out my in game name.

Also no major performance issues on my i5-6600k or the i7-7700k I switched to @1440p with a 1080gtx

Last edited:
Stress testing is done for right now, so the game is back to a happy medium. Matching times are down, server performance is back up to roughly normal (still not great, but workable). Remember you can buy the lowest tier cheapest version and upgrade to the higher tiers if you like it.

Just bought the game to try out as it seems really interesting. Played one game so far (game crashed). Turned all the graphics up to max and wasn't too impressed (played the woods). Not sure why people are raving about the graphics. Will play more and report back.

People are jazzed about the graphics once they realize its built on Unity, which isnt really known for looking stupendous. The weapon models, and weather effects are fantastic though but everything else is just kind of average. Which I'm fine with.

the game still has too many huge issues, some that just make the game harder than it really needs to be.
1. Sound engine is junk. No 3d sound, sounds soumd like they come from wherever they want. sometimes things don't even make sound. Sounds seem like they are right next to you but they are miles away. lots of problems there. For a game that requires sound use to get by, it doesn't help.
2. collision detection is non existent in player vs player modeling. Guns can clip through stuff and not work. You player can also get stuck on so many tiny objects. Somethings you can't step over and stuff like that. Its crazy.
3. guns still suck and work inconsistent all the time.
4. Spawning on some the maps is a crap shoot. you spawn a lot next to others and just die immediately. Customs and factory are the worst.

I seriously would love the game I think if they could fix some of these basic issues AND figure out how to have the correct amount of human players for the given map OR let me have a separate PVE character so I don't need to deal with humans if I don't want to and just have a more chill atmosphere. I also wish they could make it so you could find basic gear without having to buy or kill. I would really love to play in a passive kind of way. You can not find certain types of gear in loot. YOu have to buy it, scav it, or kill for it.

I think right now the game is hard because it is stupid broken vs being hard because they want it to be hard. I really feel they will need to tone it down because it will be too niche a game if they just want some stupid hard core game that is stupid brutal.

Alright so I finally found a group, that let me tag along with out bitching. And I gotta say, It changed the whole game. We ran a few shore and woods raids, and was definitely intense with some awesome firefights. Ended up scoring a bunch of loot, some bitcoins and decked out weapons.. Think Ill refuse to play solo now.

Well ya of course a group is going to be a lot easier when half the raids players are in your group. You can just run over all the SCAV's and solo players. I honestly do not get the group to total player count ratio in this game. Doesn't make any sense.

The end goal as stated by the devs is that solo play is not viable in the final release. That being said smart play as a solo, which is all I've done will help you kill groups. Flank often, flank hard, break contact and don't get loot greedy and you can outplay groups.

The end goal as stated by the devs is that solo play is not viable in the final release. That being said smart play as a solo, which is all I've done will help you kill groups. Flank often, flank hard, break contact and don't get loot greedy and you can outplay groups.

Ya but I'm saying the map player counts are so small, it could simply be one group vs one group. Seems kinda silly. These large 5 person groups would make more sense on maps with much larger player counts. Heck, there are 100 players in PUBG yet the group limit is even less; 4. Playing with 5 people in Tarkov is like pressing the "I win button" and seems completely pointless. I mean would a group of 5 really get any sense of accomplishment out of killing the odd SCAV or solo player?

I'll continue to play lone wolf.

just another short sided development goal of the devs then. It sure seems like they want the game too be so niche that only a handful of people would bother playing it. It will never survive is solo play is not viable. Hell it will barely survive because people won't take kindly to losing their shit every 30 seconds. You already see this with hatchet runs. I can take some of the best gear out there or the shittiest gear and more often than not I'm killed within 1 minute of spawning (except on shoreline). nothing I can do situations. So I might as well hatchet run and possibly gain nothing and lose nothing.

I agree. As much as I like the game, the dev's hardcore "our way or the highway" stance could very well be its downfall. I mean what is so terrible about a solo player server? Would take like zero effort to set up and satisfy a large percentage of player-base. How would this ruin or distract from the game? o_O

Dunno about it being impossible to play solo. Most streamers I've watched are playing solo just fine. And while they have a couple hundred hours in the game, it seems like the key to survival and looting is knowing the map.

The Scavs have been addressed by the devs and their response is essentially "working as intended", which is pretty asinine to me

As a SCAV with a shotgun I find a guy standing up and looting a body, sneak up behind him, put a shotgun blast right into the back of his head, he runs away, I put three shotgun blasts in his back as he runs away, he turns around and kills me in two bullets. Does this sort of nonsense happen routinely in this game?

Was he wearing armor? Level 2+ armor defeats buckshot, especially if you had a 20ga Toz versus the 12g. Need to go for the legs if they have armor and you have a shotty. Could have also been desync, but if he had fort + the new helmet you werent going to do much.

Was he wearing armor? Level 2+ armor defeats buckshot, especially if you had a 20ga Toz versus the 12g. Need to go for the legs if they have armor and you have a shotty. Could have also been desync, but if he had fort + the new helmet you werent going to do much.

Hmm well I don't care what helmet you have, buckshot to the back of the head from 2 feet away is going to mess you up big time.

I just had a couple of awesome games in Tarkov. Was a SCAV with the long barrel 12 gauge with 4 rounds. Heard a PMC running next to me. Turned to intercept him, unloaded 4 rounds and downed him. Went to the nearest bush to survey the area and reload. About 5 seconds later I can hear his teammate run up the hill for backup. Decided surprise would befit the moment. He didn't even see me as I unloaded on him. Scored two silenced SKS's with 4/24 scopes. I love that weapon. So quiet and precise! Awesome how realistic the scopes are. Game is pretty dang addictive for us tactical/sneaky types.

Realistically the new helemet (ops core) with face shield and mandible plates will shrug off buckshot, even at close range. You would certainly ring his bell though, and I don't think he would be combat effective. For all the bullshit and the rage quits I've had the game keeps me coming back. Had a great round on customs, dropped a three man squad , two player scavs and an ai scav in one long intense firefight in the dorms. I live for those battles in this game.

Realistically the new helemet (ops core) with face shield and mandible plates will shrug off buckshot, even at close range. You would certainly ring his bell though, and I don't think he would be combat effective. For all the bullshit and the rage quits I've had the game keeps me coming back. Had a great round on customs, dropped a three man squad , two player scavs and an ai scav in one long intense firefight in the dorms. I live for those battles in this game.

Sounds like a great raid. I bet your heart rate got nice and high. That is what is missing from today's games, high risk for high reward. It is so rewarding versus casual games. Like if you play BF1, death means nothing.

The sense you get when you kill a few PMCs with good gear and make it to the exit in one piece is great. I wonder as a fairly good solo player if I could keep my head above water gear wise long term. Seeing as solo players are at such a disadvantage.

Think my favorite weapon is silenced SKS with 4x scope.

I usually run an AK (74,74u or AKM) with a suppressor no optics. I do far better with the iron sights. I run a suppressed sks with a pso scope and an smg of some kind on shoreline and woods though. Suppressed sks is alot of fun. Haven't done much with m4s this patch cycle

You'd rather take iron sights on an AK over a red-dot? I like to be able to see my whole target, iron sights (the gun) obscures too much IMO.

On another note, I haven't been able to get into the factory in a week. I'm not waiting over 30 minutes for a game. Just craziness.

I run irons in my real life guns too mostly, I'm just way more effective with them for some reason in game.

I run irons in my real life guns too mostly, I'm just way more effective with them for some reason in game.

Oh that is funny on my SCAR-L I hate the iron sights. Had to put a SpecterDR (1-4x) on it.

Well, sigh. I thought I had found a game I could really get into.
Decided to kit up really well, headed into the shore. Took out all the visible SCAV's around Rock Passage. Was crossing the small bridge over the stream by Rock passage. My screen starts to shake and blur as I cross the bridge. Absolute silence. I thought maybe I hit some barb wire or something, continue across, screen still shaking and blurring, now screen is getting blood splatter. Still absolute silence. I'm like what the HECK is going on, make it behind some cover. Still absolute silence. Right before I died, I see a SCAV hiding behind some cover and threw a silent grenade to finish me off. I'm like you've got to be kidding me... lost all that gear to a SCAV shooting me and throwing grenades with zero noise.
Then re-kit, do another game/dserver. Came across SCAVs that were standing still. Shot them in the head, zero damage. Started to walk away, no SCAVs near me, silence. It happens again. Screen shakes, blurs. Another silent death.
I know the game was in Beta but this is game breaking bad... Absolutely no point in playing. :mad:

Back