Epic Games Store

1640878094943.png

Tomb Raiders

I already own the TR reboots on Steam, but it never hurts to have stuff available in multiple places. I really enjoyed the first two. The 3rd one felt pretty hollow, though. Lots of build-up and preparation for like 3 shootouts. Beautiful game, though.

I posted someone on Epic's Game's Facebook page about offering Gods Will Fall Free on Epic.
Guess what happened :yuck:
Tim Sweeney is my best friend now =)

Looks like you have to get each one separately and the store is (understandably) going bonkers. When you click the Trilogy option in the app, it just brings you to the first game.

Looks like you have to get each one separately and the store is (understandably) going bonkers. When you click the Trilogy option in the app, it just brings you to the first game.
The original link on the website was also a broken "bundle" link but now they changed it to just show all 3 games.
Good thing they added a CART!

Just kidding the cart doesn't seem to work with the free "Get" button.

I actually just used TS's links above and now it works. My wife played through the first one, so I'll recommend she download at least #2. She's not big into shooters, so #3 might be up her alley, too.

I actually just used TS's links above and now it works. My wife played through the first one, so I'll recommend she download at least #2. She's not big into shooters, so #3 might be up her alley, too.
Rise is so much better than the first one. A lot more depth and exploration, less emphasis on gore, and fantastic story.

Rise is so much better than the first one. A lot more depth and exploration, less emphasis on gore, and fantastic story.

I trust your opinion, so that'll be the one I try (y)

(Literally haven't played a single TR since Tomb Raider 2 on PS1)

Amazing freebies.

Still haven't played Shadow of the Tomb Raider because I am waiting to have an RTX enabled card.

Amazing freebies.

Still haven't played Shadow of the Tomb Raider because I am waiting to have an RTX enabled card.
Not much to see in the ray tracing department in that game. Mostly a marketing implementation for the marketing people with very small impact on the graphics quality.

I already had most of the high-profile titles given away, but if you didn't this was a massive haul.

Picked up Hitman 3 for 14.00 I was going to buy Far Cry 6 but Hitman 3 had better reviews plus it's no a FPS.

I trust your opinion, so that'll be the one I try (y)

(Literally haven't played a single TR since Tomb Raider 2 on PS1)
To expand on that opinion, the first one relies heavily on arena-type encounters where a lot of shooting is involved. The open map exploration is good, but the tombs are lacking. Rise expands on the latter aspects a lot and it is a better game for it. There are also more smart encounters rather than relying on open arena gameplay, while your arsenal is more expanded and varied. They really nailed the reboot formula with Rise such that it has entered my list of favorite games of all time.
Not much to see in the ray tracing department in that game. Mostly a marketing implementation for the marketing people with very small impact on the graphics quality.
Yes, it's just shadows and ambient occlusion, if I remember correctly. Outside of the game's opening I don't think the shadows really do much for the immersion factor absent global illumination.

The guys at Epic need to change how the launcher finds old installs I'm redownloading Metro Exodus 80 gigs because the file folder name changed with the Enhanced Edition so I can't replace it with a existing install I tried renaming the folder without much luck.

The guys at Epic need to change how find old installs I'm redownloading Metro Exodus because the file folder name changed
so I can't replace it with a existing install I tried renaming the folder without much luck.
Sure you are not downloading the enhanced edition? That version is RT only afaik.

LOL there is x2 games my bad oh well hope my saves still work.

Just read on the Steam forums that it won't work so I have to install the regular version.

Last edited:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/epic-games-store-2021-year-in-review

Am I reading this wrong or is the average amount spent per user on the EGS a little over $4? Most of that being on first party titles... aka Fortnite.

Sounds about right. The median is probably way higher since a lot of people just claim free games or play free to play games without spending any money.

I also wonder if it counts as an EGS purchase for purchases made inside Fortnite itself which is how most people spend money on the game. Fortnite makes about $5 billion in yearly revenue, $540 million is only about 10% of that.

EGS has changed the way the $10 coupon works for the Lunar Sale.
First, you only get one coupon (from email newsletter). Also, it applies cumulatively to your entire cart... Meaning, if you add 5 games that are $3 each, you get a total of $15 (minimum for coupon) which then -$10 to $5 total.

You can sort by lowest price games, scroll through and add stuff to your cart until you hit $15.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-...sortDir=ASC&priceTier=tier0&count=40&start=80

Sounds about right. The median is probably way higher since a lot of people just claim free games or play free to play games without spending any money.

I also wonder if it counts as an EGS purchase for purchases made inside Fortnite itself which is how most people spend money on the game. Fortnite makes about $5 billion in yearly revenue, $540 million is only about 10% of that.
Wow I never would have guessed Fortnite brings in $5 billion a year. That is incredible.

We should thank all the fortnight players for subsidizing our free games on epic store. 😁
As well as unreal engine being subsidized by them ;), particularly for indies. (5% after the first million for each individual title, nothing paid on first million once exceeded). Compared to the old days of game engines, that and unity are bargains!

Just signed up for the coupon goto Account then Communications check the box below they will email you one in 24hr or less.
Epic really needs to work on restoring games I just cut and pasted about 15 games in my Epic Library due to a format. Going from one folder stopping the download then having the games files verfied that is reason enough for wanting most of my games on Steam. If they fix that part Epic will be gold I do like UBI games for the reason they are on their own launcher and not Epic.

Last edited:
So far I spent $0 on the Epic store. I just collect the free games I never play.
I collect them too and never play them either, I've been thinking of just deleting my Epic account but I think I will after all the free games stop coming.

Wow that would be nice I'll use the coupon on Far Cry 6 maybe if Far Cry is cheap enough.

Last edited:
Back