Epic Games Store

I think I've managed to snag every single game except for maybe the 2nd week, but I already had it on steam anyways so. It's a pretty impressive catalog of free times so far though. I've purchased around 4 or 5 games.. which was a mistake because I've only fully played through one of them.

All this talk of BL3 and I haven't even bought it yet, just don't have enough free time. One day... maybe.

Im pretty pissed a Epic games store to the point that I wont ever buy/attempt to buy anything from them again. I am unable to purchase any games because of region restrictions. I have an american account and I am currently living in Germany. so it wouldnt let me purchase anything. I tried every thing I could think of no luck. then I made a German account and still blocked me due to region restrictions. so I finally made a ticket with support and it took them 2 weeks to reply to me. At that point I just said fuck it im done with Epic.

Im pretty pissed a Epic games store to the point that I wont ever buy/attempt to buy anything from them again. I am unable to purchase any games because of region restrictions. I have an american account and I am currently living in Germany. so it wouldnt let me purchase anything. I tried every thing I could think of no luck. then I made a German account and still blocked me due to region restrictions. so I finally made a ticket with support and it took them 2 weeks to reply to me. At that point I just said fuck it im done with Epic.

Was your payment method tied to a US address or something?

I'm living in Germany, and had no issues. I use a German Paypal account (had to make one when I moved), but the PayPal account has both my german bank credit card and a US credit card.

I do not think it will work with a German Epic account, but a US PayPal account, even if the address is set as a German address.

I had that issue with my Xbox store account, once I switched the region, I could no longer purchase anything until I made a new PayPal account. Linking a german bank card probably would have worked as well.

That being said, Epic Store is pretty much crap. "It's new" is not a good excuse, there are already established stores that they could look at and know what basic things they need immediately upon launch. Like cloud save storage servers that are not garbage.

Ya all my payment methods are US based so thats probably it. Though I dont really feel like getting a entirely new payment method just to use Epic games store.

for those of you moaning about store features

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/september-store-feature-update

September Feature Update - Improved Patch Sizes and Library List View

Hey everyone,

We’re back with another feature update for September. Last month we talked about improved patch sizes, library list view, and playtime tracking. Let’s take a look at some of the features we shipped and what’s coming up.

Newly Launched Features

New Library View Options
We shipped new library options! This included: the new list view, search functionality, the ability to sort either alphabetically or last played, and the ability to filter out uninstalled games you own if you’re looking for a cleaner view. We’ll continue improving the library in the future, so let us know what you’d like to see.

Improved Patch Sizes
We’ve rolled out new tooling for partners that allows them to create further optimized patches. If you’re a player with a low bandwidth connection, this benefits you because these optimized patches dramatically reduce the patch download size.

Here’s a breakdown of how this new mode impacted the patch for one of Fortnite’s big season updates.

Playtime Tracking
Now you’ll be able to track your playtime across various games. You can see your playtime from your library by opening the settings menu for your game.

Traditional Chinese Language Support
You can now choose Traditional Chinese from the supported language options on the website or within the launcher. If your operating system is already Traditional Chinese, the launcher should automatically switch to showing the new translations.

Bundles
We now have support for bundles. Bundles include more than one game title or offers which, once purchased, will add all of those individual games to your library.

Turkey GPay
We’ve added GPay, a new payment method for players in Turkey.

Development In Progress

NEW Storefront
A new store and browsing experience, including curated collections. You'll be able to see what games are trending, filter by genre, and more, so that you can find games you'll love faster and easier than before.

Epic Games Overlay - Checkout
We're creating an in-game overlay. It'll be a while before it's fully realized but our thoughts here are centered around giving you ways to interact with your Epic Games store (e.g. library, social, etc.) while in-game.

3D Secure for Europe
Support for 3D Secure to comply with new European regulatory requirements for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). Players may be challenged for additional authentication when making a credit card purchase in Europe.

Thai Language Support
Language support for Thai to the core store experience

Ya all my payment methods are US based so thats probably it. Though I dont really feel like getting a entirely new payment method just to use Epic games store.

Get a VPN? If you're interested, I can give a referral to ExpressVPN, we both get a free month.

My save for Metro Exodus was lost it gave me two options on loading a cloud save or the file I had I choose the file I had and when the game booted up the save data was gone.
Luckily this is one of the few games I backed up so I had a copy of a save which worked.

So for this reason I'm not going to buy any Epic games I have 3 games Borderlands 3 Metro Exodus and Outer Worlds. I don't plan on buying anything after those 3 I mean if my save file is just going to disaper I couldn't imagine how somone without a backup would feel.

Epic need to get rid of that cloud save option and just use the default save location because it's obviously not working.

Store page is finally organized instead of having different sized images of games.

Update: Clicks on Browse other games you get a 404 error.

My save for Metro Exodus was lost it gave me two options on loading a cloud save or the file I had I choose the file I had and when the game booted up the save data was gone.
Luckily this is one of the few games I backed up so I had a copy of a save which worked.

So for this reason I'm not going to buy any Epic games I have 3 games Borderlands 3 Metro Exodus and Outer Worlds. I don't plan on buying anything after those 3 I mean if my save file is just going to disaper I couldn't imagine how somone without a backup would feel.

Epic need to get rid of that cloud save option and just use the default save location because it's obviously not working.
Haven't bought any epic games in months, mainly because I haven't had time for new games. But I just tried to load up one of my steam games(factory town), last week, that is cloud save based and it popped up some error message about being unable to retrieve cloud save, so it reverted to the last known local save and it reverted to like the first day I played the damn game. Fortunately I only lost like 3-4 hours of a casual game, but shit happens I guess. Was not very happy. Epic and steam need to be making local copies in addition to cloud copies at the same time. Don't understand how there was a disconnect or that big of a difference.

I hope they don't go out of Business that would be sad I just got done playing Breakpoint just discovered new things in the game.

upload_2019-11-13_15-54-27.png

^^ There's tens of thousands of garbage, bottom of the barrel, asset flip games on Steam that make Bee Simulator look like Citizen Kane. A reviewer wouldn't even touch them with a 50 foot pole.

You're really reaching now, if Bee Simulator is the worst EGS has to offer then it's actually a complement to their curation.

^^ There's tens of thousands of garbage, bottom of the barrel, asset flip games on Steam that make Bee Simulator look like Citizen Kane. A reviewer wouldn't even touch them with a 50 foot pole.

You're really reaching now, if Bee Simulator is the worst EGS has to offer then it's actually a complement to their curation.

Don't worry, they'll get there. Steam has 15-ish years on them at this point.

Where'd that review come from? The two sites you included in the pic seem to think this is a family/children's game and overall seem pretty positive about the release date, which apparently is tomorrow:

The world of Bee Simulator is a pleasant, family-friendly one, containing lots of educational information about bees and a saccharine voice acting style that's pretty squarely aimed at young gamers. There's a semi-open world aspect that allows you to explore freely, along with specific story missions as you venture out to collect pollen—you can use 'bee vision' to find the good stuff that gives you speed boosts—and meet your neighbors. Since your hive is located in a Central Park type area there's all all sorts of wildlife, domestic dogs, and of course people to hover around and interact with (sting on the head).

https://www.pcgamer.com/bee-simulat...-but-at-least-you-can-sting-kids-in-the-head/

Our last report pointed out the educational aspirations developer VARSAV Game Studios has for Bee Simulator. The game has players living as an average bee in a Central Park hive. Players take quests from the queen to ensure the colony's survival, and even confront the danger of humans coming to take down the hive. The announcement of co-op was aimed at encouraging families to play together. With the game, VARSAV hopes "to change [player] views on the balance between work, life and the environment."

With that goal in mind, it doesn't really matter what platform the game is available on. Children have no concept of the difference between digital game stores (unless they're oddly well-informed). There's also probably a small cross-section between avid pro-Steam gamers and parents who play educational games with their children. If one looks at it that way, it makes sense that Bigben would make a deal with Epic to get that sweet exclusive payoff.

https://www.thegamer.com/bee-simulator-epic-exclusive/

The launcher is badly needs the ability to move files already installed. MY 1TB SSD drive is almost half full. I would stick it on 3TB HDD but wanted fast load times.

The launcher is badly needs the ability to move files already installed. MY 1TB SSD drive is almost half full. I would stick it on 3TB HDD but wanted fast load times.

I'm sure that feature is on their to-do list. Probably sometime next year.

If you uninstall Epic game launcher all your games go with it so you have two options backup the enitre game on another drive.
Or you can rename the game and change it back and replace the install. This is the same method used for the EA launcher for years untill they found a decent
programmer allowing you to move installs. I got sick of my new 1TB drive being used just by Epic so I placed my Epic games on a 3TB HDD instead just so it won't fill up
and I don't think I can have multiple directories and still have the games work not totally sure on that.
The below video works of today I just tried it.....otherwise I would be stuck downloading 400+ gigs of games on a very slow internet connection.
Which would take me 3-4 solid days of downloading.

Epic seeks special exception from 30% cut for Fortnite on Google Play Store, Google says fuck off. Epic now saying that "...a 30% fee is illegal in the case of a distribution platform with over 50% market share." So a 30% cut is not only unfair, but now it's illegal.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/9/...re-fortnite-epic-games-30-percent-cut-dispute

Meanwhile, Ashen and Hades are cheaper on Steam before the early bird discount than it is on Epic despite the larger cut developers receive on the latter platform.
upload_2019-12-11_10-32-58.png

So google basically told them to go pound sand. They didn't even ask apple, where fortnight has been there longer. Probably knowing apple would not definitely not cave.

Epic seeks special exception from 30% cut for Fortnite on Google Play Store, Google says fuck off. Epic now saying that "...a 30% fee is illegal in the case of a distribution platform with over 50% market share." So a 30% cut is not only unfair, but now it's illegal.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/9/...re-fortnite-epic-games-30-percent-cut-dispute

Meanwhile, Ashen and Hades are cheaper on Steam before the early bird discount than it is on Epic despite the larger cut developers receive on the latter platform.
View attachment 206268

From your own article:

Epic doesn’t seek a special exception for ourselves; rather we expect to see a general change to smartphone industry practices in this regard.

We have asked that Google not enforce its publicly stated expectation that products distributed through Google Play use Google’s payment service for in-app purchase. We believe this form of tying of a mandatory payment service with a 30% fee is illegal in the case of a distribution platform with over 50% market share.

We note that Google Play’s Developer Distribution Agreement (https://play.google.com/about/developer-distribution-agreement.html) does not require developers use Google payments. It merely references a number of non-contractual documents asking developers to do so.

Further, Epic operates a major PC storefront and payment service and we do not force developers using our store to use our payment ecosystem.

epic(choke)game store once again is offline and unable to play the new detroit demo. Steam you don"t have this problem . I am done with this Failure

epic(choke)game store once again is offline and unable to play the new detroit demo. Steam you don"t have this problem . I am done with this Failure

It isn't offline. The developers failed to implement Denuvo a 3rd time in a row. The first two times allowed simple text file edits to allow the full game to run. Essentially download the files for the full game, edit some text, and you could play the full games. With Detroit it was even easier apparently, there was only 1 step to do. So people were downloading the demo and full game files (from torrents, without cracks) and copy/pasting files and getting access to the full game. So they pulled the demo from the store until they properly implement the DRM. I downloaded it to and tried to run it hours later and was wondering why it wouldn't work.

At this point, Quantic Dream may as well give up on DRM because it just isn't worth their effort. But blaming Epic for QD's DRM failure would be similar to blaming Valve or Sony.

Last edited:
That's a clickbait article which cherry picked certain tweets and ignored others to give a one sided view. From the comments there:

"You missed his other tweets,in which he stated that it cannot be pinned down to one platform

There was a a lot of disruption, including subscription services, a weak year for big games in general.
There was well over $1 Billion in less spending in 2019 compared to 2018, and there is no way that the small amount of big games on Epic that were not a part of a subscription service, would have caused any where close to $1 billion less in spending. While it is possible between free games from Epic played a role in less spending, it is likely that Epic games is far from being the major contributor to less spending by customers. It is more likely between weak year for big games, and the subscription services are by far the biggest contributors to less spending by consumers.

Mat Piscatella even states in his predictions for 2020 that customer spending will probably be down by double digits again and he cited subscription services as being the reason for that. You can read that here
https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/...tellas-2020-us-video-game-market-predictions/

So in short, your article is not giving the proper information at all, you came to a conclusion that was not stated by Mat Priscatella at all, because Mat stated your take away from what he said is not correct"

yea subscription services probably were one of the biggest factors, im not buying that free games had much impact on buying new games due to their quality. Exclusives had to have had some impact, even if small still didn't help what would already be a down year for pc games sales. It shows at least some people did vote with their wallet.

That's a clickbait article which cherry picked certain tweets and ignored others to give a one sided view.

Mat Piscatella even states in his predictions for 2020 that customer spending will probably be down by double digits again and he cited subscription services as being the reason for that. You can read that here
https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/...tellas-2020-us-video-game-market-predictions/

So in short, your article is not giving the proper information at all, you came to a conclusion that was not stated by Mat Priscatella at all, because Mat stated your take away from what he said is not correct"

He didn't mention Epic or the EGS in his blog at all, yet DualShockers used it as the foundation for their "article" that focused on Epic:

Epic Games founder made claims that diversifying the marketplace and creating competition to the (often draconian) policies of Valve would both drive consumer spending and make for better distribution platforms.This report from NPD is the first real inclination that either the policy at large or the gaming reaction to it isn’t working.

Yet Piscatella noted: "PlayStation 4 and Xbox One hardware sales experienced strong headwinds throughout 2019. Not only were the platforms approaching the tail end of their cycles, they had also faced a Fortnite hangover (Fortnite drove significant new players to consoles in 2018 with associated gains in hardware, accessories and game card spending)."

So it would appear that good/popular games will drive better sales across the industry. Imagine that. I guess we can still blame Epic since Fortnite was not able to drive the industry to new heights in successive years.

Just read these forums, a lot of people are getting into subscriptions. Right now they are free or only a few dollars, so while it is new and cheap people will jump in. I assume a free month of Ubisoft games saved people some money as an example. The problem is if people continue this trend. I imagine it won't work out well for the game developer even when subscription costs go up. They'll probably get paid a flat rate for bundling games in a subscription, while the monthly costs gradually rise for the gamer.

Consoles are seeing growth because this generation was huge for console gamers going digital. They're finally moving to downloads over discs, about 8-9 years after PC gamers made the switch.

LOL epic made 200 million in 3rd party game title sales, therefore they are responsible for the decline of sales in the multibillion dollar pc game market. lots of good reporting there,

LOL epic made 200 million in 3rd party game title sales, therefore they are responsible for the decline of sales in the multibillion dollar pc game market. lots of good reporting there,
$200m in a $40b/year market, or one-half of one percent. Epic is doing a great job disrupting the market :rolleyes:

Back