Elden Ring (From Software RPG)

What’s the deal with the boss mode do we know anything about that yet? Anyone play it?

What’s the deal with the boss mode do we know anything about that yet? Anyone play it?

what boss mode?...there's only a pvp arena mode...along with new hairstyles available

I'm looking forward to some epic expansion news tonight at the Game Awards...the Game Awards should conclude every year with a big From Software reveal :D

surprisingly no Elden Ring expansion/DLC news at the Game Awards...but during his GOTY acceptance speech Miyazaki did say that there are more things he wants to do with Elden Ring, so that's pretty much a soft confirmation that an expansion is coming

God of War: Ragnarok won a lot of awards but Elden Ring took home arguably the night's 2 biggest awards- Best Direction and Game of the Year

what boss mode?...there's only a pvp arena mode...along with new hairstyles available

I'm looking forward to some epic expansion news tonight at the Game Awards...the Game Awards should conclude every year with a big From Software reveal :D
Thought I read something about it. Oh well, may try the pvp arena once or twice to give it a whirl but I'm certain it won't be my thing. Definitely looking forward to any all updates and dlc though =D

Thought I read something about it. Oh well, may try the pvp arena once or twice to give it a whirl but I'm certain it won't be my thing. Definitely looking forward to any all updates and dlc though =D

the Colosseum update adds three Colosseums, and three new PvP modes...the Royal Capital Colosseum grants access to the Duel mode, a simple one versus one mode where players can fight against another without distraction...each match comprises a single round and can last up until 180 seconds

the other two Colosseums are located in Limgrave and Caelid and offer two other PvP modes called United Combat and Combat Ordeal...in the first, players are divided into two teams, and the team with the highest kill count wins...the second mode works like the first, only that it's every Tarnished for itself...by participating in these two PvP modes from the Caelid Colosseum, it is possible to play a variation that allows Tarnished to use Spirit Ashes for an even more intense combat experience

Reactions: w35t
like this
A single piece of Elden Ring DLC could steamroll most of 2023's big games

Has the most-played, bestselling game of any given year in PC gaming history actually been an expansion for an existing game?...because that could conceivably happen in 2023...there's really just one game standing in Elden Ring's way: Starfield (and maybe Diablo 4)

Elden Ring was the biggest game of 2022—but how big is it in the grand scale?...it's not GTA or Minecraft big...yet Dark Souls, the series that people haven't been able to shut up about for the past decade, has sold 33 million copies combined; Elden Ring sold 17 million in just months

Any other videogame of its scale released in 2022 would've been desperate to hold onto all that player attention with a drip feed of new quests and microtransactions...Assassin's Creed Valhalla, for example, had six "seasons" of DLC after release, with everything from new haircuts to new weapons to new regions and questlines...but outside of a few balance patches, Elden Ring has been a black box for nine months, from February 26 to December 6—the surprise announcement of new arenas being added for PvP play...

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-single-piece-of-elden-ring-dlc-could-streamroll-most-of-2023s-big-games/

IGN’s Best Game of 2022

a monumental achievement in video games...a master class in open world game design...a global, cultural phenomenon...

Picked this up on sale and have 80 minutes on it. Been a while since I played on of these games and just started worrying about losing progress after dying. How do I get to the Hunter's Dream to spend my Blood Echoes? Also, performance seems perfectly smooth at 1440p; i7-9700K+RTX3090.

Picked this up on sale and have 80 minutes on it. Been a while since I played on of these games and just started worrying about losing progress after dying. How do I get to the Hunter's Dream to spend my Blood Echoes? Also, performance seems perfectly smooth at 1440p; i7-9700K+RTX3090.

rest at any Site of Grace/Bonfire and you can use your runes to level up

I picked this game up on sale on steam, I am using xbox controller its easier for me use after my wreck, havent been able play games like i use too.

I have been on google,reddit,youtube. I have tried everything and my controller works but its shows keyboard controls and not controller controls. I can use controller the controls are in K+M

Could anyone help me? otherwise i wasted $41

I picked this game up on sale on steam, I am using xbox controller its easier for me use after my wreck, havent been able play games like i use too.

I have been on google,reddit,youtube. I have tried everything and my controller works but its shows keyboard controls and not controller controls. I can use controller the controls are in K+M

Could anyone help me? otherwise i wasted $41
In Elden Rings' options:

Go to System · Go to the Sound and Display tab · Set “Device for On-Screen Prompts

It is weird the game doesn’t respond to the input and act accordingly though.
Yeah well, you also have to right click to reveal a hidden menu, to be able to go "back" in the menus, with a mouse and keyboard....

I'm 78 hours in and still have a ways to go because I want to purge at least all of the story-related bosses. I really hate games that are artificially difficult, the kind that are either difficult for the sake of being difficult (cheap) or are difficult because of poorly-designed mechanics... every time I play one of these From Software games, I don't understand why people say they're difficult because the mechanics actually seem very good; 99% of my deaths are my fault. Sure, there's not a quest marker or a quest journal, you have to actually remember things or take notes, or consult guides (remember doing that ~25 years ago?) to get around, you can't quick save, and you need to exhibit some patience when it comes to attacking bigger enemies, but I feel like I'm playing a less forgiving version of an Elder Scrolls game. I like exploring the map and discovering locations, but you can typically choose your fights or run away from enemies in the open areas. I think the difficulty of these games gets blown out of proportion because of the lack of amenities we get in most games and maybe because people lack patience.

I need to try this on my OLED Monitor see if my eyestrain woes go away and make it more immersive. Basically some areas were just hard to look at for extended periods of time eyes just burned.

Attachments

• ER.png
    ER.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
But when can we get some DLCCC :(

the Steam database has recently been updated with a new listing so rumors are that an expansion/DLC announcement is coming 'soon'...I'm hoping for an official reveal on the 1 year anniversary (Feb 25)...I also want the promised ray-tracing patch

like this
Is the engine still capped at 60hz?
Yes.

There are a couple of different mods which uncap it. With SpecialK, I didn't experience any glitches from uncapping.

I have wondered if the Ray Tracing and/or DLC update, may also officially have an 120hz option. If not fully uncapped.

It's a great sign that games like ER can sell well and be well received. That said, I do think it's more straightforward and approachable vs. the Souls titles. There isn't a brick wall of a boss in the opening minutes and you can explore dozens of hours before even approaching Margit if you want. As long as you don't assume you have to fight the early Tree Sentinel, the early sections are relatively reasonable.

like this
It's a great sign that games like ER can sell well and be well received. That said, I do think it's more straightforward and approachable vs. the Souls titles. There isn't a brick wall of a boss in the opening minutes and you can explore dozens of hours before even approaching Margit if you want. As long as you don't assume you have to fight the early Tree Sentinel, the early sections are relatively reasonable.
ER introduced tons of people to the genre for the first time, myself included. I had DS1 and 3 in my library for years, but just couldn't figure it out and in the beginning anyway, didn't see a reason to want to. I at least played through DS3 + DLC twice since x4.5ish play-throughs of ER, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I've wanted to play DS1 remastered but it runs terribly for me for whatever reason, I tried Sekiro and Nioh but didn't like the way either felt, maybe just movement or camera style, hard for me to nail down. I'm interested in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, but my guess is that it'll be more like Sekiro and I won't be all that into it. Hopefully Bleak Faith: Forsaken pulls through, at least until we get some solid ER DLC. Point is, myself and many others are now very much into the formula and what it might bring moving forward.

ER introduced tons of people to the genre for the first time, myself included. I had DS1 and 3 in my library for years, but just couldn't figure it out and in the beginning anyway, didn't see a reason to want to. I at least played through DS3 + DLC twice since x4.5ish play-throughs of ER, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I've wanted to play DS1 remastered but it runs terribly for me for whatever reason, I tried Sekiro and Nioh but didn't like the way either felt, maybe just movement or camera style, hard for me to nail down. I'm interested in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, but my guess is that it'll be more like Sekiro and I won't be all that into it. Hopefully Bleak Faith: Forsaken pulls through, at least until we get some solid ER DLC. Point is, myself and many others are now very much into the formula and what it might bring moving forward.
Hmm. I wonder if there's a mod or something which can improve DS1:R for you.

DS2 is still a good game. May as well give it a try. If you played Elden Ring multiple times----sounds like you can handle some boss bloat. DS2 otherwise has plenty to like. Even if some of the areas aren't well designed. The DLCs are great, though.

Hopefully Demon's Souls makes it onto PC this year.

Have you tried running Remasterd in borderless windowed mode?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/570940/discussions/0/1642041886389351113/

*another potential fix, is to set your desktop refresh rate to 60hz.

Hmm. I wonder if there's a mod or something which can improve DS1:R for you.

DS2 is still a good game. May as well give it a try. If you played Elden Ring multiple times----sounds like you can handle some boss bloat. DS2 otherwise has plenty to like. Even if some of the areas aren't well designed. The DLCs are great, though.

Hopefully Demon's Souls makes it onto PC this year.
I might give DS2 a try but I feel like most fans consider it the worst one, and I wonder how well it would age for me, even 3 felt like a decent leap backwards, though once I settled in it really landed. I really would love to see Demon’s souls come to PC though, bet I’d be all over it.

I’ll try your recommendations on DS:R but I’ve tried multiple settings on my 3080 desktop, 2070 laptop, my new 4080 laptop, and even my steam deck, have miserable hitching on all of em, really don’t get it.

I might give DS2 a try but I feel like most fans consider it the worst one, and I wonder how well it would age for me, even 3 felt like a decent leap backwards, though once I settled in it really landed. I really would love to see Demon’s souls come to PC though, bet I’d be all over it.

I’ll try your recommendations on DS:R but I’ve tried multiple settings on my 3080 desktop, 2070 laptop, my new 4080 laptop, and even my steam deck, have miserable hitching on all of em, really don’t get it.
DS2 probably is the worst one------but its still a pretty great game. Certainly better than a lot of stuff.

*And the DLCs are worth seeing

It's the worst game in a trilogy of fantastic games. That is basically saying it's a 4/5 while the other two games are 5/5. I didn't like it my first couple times through the game, but I've grown to enjoy it as much as the others. It's still has some annoying things like tying your dodge i-frames to an attribute (Adaptability). The DLC are also all annoying as hell to play compared to the other two games.

I like DS2 a lot, but I also consider it the "worst" of the 3 games. I appreciate the huge sweeping outdoor areas in that one. It gave everything a very epic vibe since everything was larger than life. Granted, Elden Ring does that ever better, but it made DS2 unique at the time. I absolutely hated having my weapons break regularly, though. I got very accustomed to carrying 2 main weapons since I knew one of 'em was going to break. Difficulty-wise, it starts out pretty tough (especially the Scholar of the First Sin), but I found the middle 50-60% to be the easiest of the Souls games. ...but once you hit the DLC area, look the fuck out because they're absolute hell.

exactly 1 year ago Elden Ring was released (Feb 25 2022)!...not only did it live up to the enormous hype but exceeded it...20 million players later and Elden Ring is a global phenomenon and an all-time great...I'm expecting the expansion to be massive in terms of map size and their biggest DLC to date!

Last edited:
This game is built very well and amazing, The GFX makes me breathless from the views and sights. Playing this game gives me same warm feelings as kid when i first played Command & Conquer ms-dos. The music is amazing and sounds are very good as well. I give this game 20 out of 10.

My only problem is maybe i am not use this type of playstyle game. but this game can get rough for me. I have died on same boss like 5-6 times, i also understand this game is different then any game i have played before this game.

but this game can get rough for me. I have died on same boss like 5-6 times
That's perfectly normal, there's bosses in Souls games that take some players many hours (sometimes days) to beat with 20, 30, 40+ deaths. Dying is part of the game. Tip: your character in Souls games is invincible (has iframes) for a portion of his roll, so roll into the opponents melee swing and and counter attack while he's recovering.

This game is built very well and amazing, The GFX makes me breathless from the views and sights. Playing this game gives me same warm feelings as kid when i first played Command & Conquer ms-dos. The music is amazing and sounds are very good as well. I give this game 20 out of 10.

My only problem is maybe i am not use this type of playstyle game. but this game can get rough for me. I have died on same boss like 5-6 times, i also understand this game is different then any game i have played before this game.
Before fighting the main story bosses, I recommend exploring and uncovering the map (there are markers where to find the map pieces), getting runes while exploring, and leveling up as soon as you get enough runes to level. If you level up as soon as you have enough runes to do so, then you have nothing to lose when you die. If you're not super serious about going in blind, I recommend finding some YouTube videos that provide info for early leveling. I watched a few YouTube videos to get me started with a good weapon, Flask of Wonderous Physik, and the seeds for more healing. If you play around in the world before hitting the story bosses, you'll be able to smash 'em. I fought all of the story or shard bearer bosses and I only had trouble with Malenia and the final boss, final boss was easier than Malenia; some of the optional dungeon bosses are more difficult than the story bosses!

Anyway, back in my day we had guide books for games back before quest journals, chatty NPCs, and quest markers were invented, so I don't feel guilty about using online resources to learn more about the game while playing it.

Back