Dying Light 2

For those who can't see Twitter.
upload_2020-1-20_11-21-29.png

Hmm, Techland has another game that they "delayed" indefinitely...

https://hellraid.com/
https://hardforum.com/threads/hellraid.1817779/

This game needs 3rd person so it can compete with stuff like GTFO and Left for Dead.

Well, that's disappointing. Yet another delay for a title that has had a rather long development arc as it is. However, if this means they'll be able to make a better game I'll be willing to give it a chance...to a point. However, after these delays I want to be damn sure there will be a Linux client again (a major reason to support the first one), there will be multiple playable character avatars, and they don't take some crappy exclusivity deal.

Also, I'm going to be rather more annoyed if it turns out so many titles are being delayed in order to cater to the next-generation Xbox/Playstation consoles; not specifically an issue with DL2, but Cyberpunk and so many others seem to be delaying late into the year for this reason.

I don't mind the concept of delays to make a game way better than if it had shipped early, but at a certain point your development time is too long and your game is going to be dated by the time it finally releases.

Not saying necessarily that will be the case here, but it's something I've been thinking about lately with the Cyberpunk delay and now this.

Reactions: Skott
like this
I recently picked up the first Dying Light, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Shortly before this I played Watch Dogs 2, and, this game is way more fun. I'm about to start The Following, and I plan on doing all the side missions and quests.

I recently picked up the first Dying Light, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Shortly before this I played Watch Dogs 2, and, this game is way more fun. I'm about to start The Following, and I plan on doing all the side missions and quests.

I bought the Enhanced Edition with The Following expansion a few months back during a sale and still haven't gotten around to playing it...I definitely want to play this before the sequel comes out...

I bought the Enhanced Edition with The Following expansion a few months back during a sale and still haven't gotten around to playing it...I definitely want to play this before the sequel comes out...

Play it. It is definitely worth it. I like drop kicking the zombies, trying to stay alive at night is challenging if you're careless, which I like to be, I haven't tried co-op yet. I'll get around to it after I finish the SP story.

I'll never understand why the accused perps always send text messages after one of these assaults...don't they realize that they're incriminating themselves

Really need to change the title if the game going into 2021. The game was suppose to be out already.

Supposedly techland scrapped everything avalone did when he left the studio and started completely over with the story. That would explain why a game that was scheduled to launch early last year has disappeared without a trace. I was really looking forward to the sequel as I really enjoyed the first game, but I do not have very high hopes this game will make it out any time soon or be any good.

sad to see the current state of this game...the early trailers and developer videos had me really excited...right up there with Cyberpunk 2077 and Elden Ring as far as hype...

Im going to wager they will cancel the game. With the studio going through so many issues, I donmt see how they can fix this mess. Makes me sad too as I was really looking forward to the game.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Im going to wager they will cancel the game. With the studio going through so many issues, I donmt see how they can fix this mess. Makes me sad too as I was really looking forward to the game.

I don't think they would schedule a Development Update video next week if they were cancelling it...they would have announced that via a press release or statement...I think the game will be a shell of the game that was shown in that early Teaser video with the factions and open world choices but hopefully it'll still be a good game

Will be delayed until spring 2022, calling it.
You can't delay something that's already delayed indefinitely!

Dying Light 2 has been delayed but Techland have yet to set a new time frame to expect it in.

At the Microsoft E3 2019 conference, Dying Light 2 originally had a spring 2020 release window. In January 2020, Techland announced that the sequel has been delayed and haven't talked release windows in the year since.

Dying Light 2 dev says 'we announced the game too early'

Techland is gearing up for a Development Update on Wednesday...one of the replies to that tweet expressed worry, saying "this game feels like dev hell"...the official reply disagreed with that assessment, saying, "DL2 keeps moving forward, we announced the game too early but it's far from being in a dev hell"...they also confirmed that Dying Light 2 is not being canceled, and won't be an Early Access release...

https://www.pcgamer.com/dying-light-2-dev-says-we-announced-the-game-too-early/

Dying Light 2 dev says 'we announced the game too early'

Techland is gearing up for a Development Update on Wednesday...one of the replies to that tweet expressed worry, saying "this game feels like dev hell"...the official reply disagreed with that assessment, saying, "DL2 keeps moving forward, we announced the game too early but it's far from being in a dev hell"...they also confirmed that Dying Light 2 is not being canceled, and won't be an Early Access release...

https://www.pcgamer.com/dying-light-2-dev-says-we-announced-the-game-too-early/

Yeah thats BS, the game was pretty much done and ready to launch. They pretty much scrapped the entire plot after they got rid of Chris, and were redoing it causing the release to disappear. I wager if they show the game again that the plot will have nothing to do with or be similar to what they showed before.

Yeah thats BS, the game was pretty much done and ready to launch. They pretty much scrapped the entire plot after they got rid of Chris, and were redoing it causing the release to disappear. I wager if they show the game again that the plot will have nothing to do with or be similar to what they showed before.
Dumping Chris was the biggest mistake they ever made and it's going to haunt the studio for the rest of their existence.

If you don't wanna watch it: They read a bunch of angry tweets and then it says "2021" at the end. Ta-da.

Last edited:
If you don't wanna watch it: They read a bunch of angry tweets and then it says "2021" at the end. Ta-da.

I actually liked that video...felt a bit like Jimmy Kimmel's mean tweets edition...it's disappointing that in every update Techland just says the same thing- more info coming soon...

Back