Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Announced

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kinsaras, Sep 17, 2012.

1. J W

J W [H]ard|Gawd

I'd like it if my origins character could return. I'd be just as happy with the side characters returning, though. All but Sten. I hated him.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. Banyan

Banyan [H]ard|Gawd

the guy is talking about a "need" for new tech - how about just not using the same cookie-cutter scenery instead on this one?

3. D4rkn3ss

D4rkn3ss 2[H]4U

hmm.. skipped the second one because i have internet and i know how to read... so, DA3? hmm... yawn...

yep, that morrigan was a cool one huh? i really liked her.. i remember chatting with a dude on the camp and he said to me he was gay... i thought "uh huh.." and took him for a walk... murdered him in the town square near the merchants.. left his body there.. i was funny...

;)

4. TwistedAegis

TwistedAegis [H]ardForum Junkie

Err...not true at all. At the end of DA:O, if you choose to have a child with Morrigan, she reveals that when you kill the arch-demon, its soul will transfer to the unborn child. This was the reason why Flemeth had her join the party in the first place. The "child" won't even be a real child, she is trying to bring the old gods back - the old gods whose current soul causes the Blight. So, unless there is some super-secret altruistic motive there, it sure sounds as though she has some dark motives. Also, the dialogue with Flemeth when you choose to kill her, it casts doubt on who is really telling the truth there; it isn't as if you really have enough background with either to know.

Sten was lame as hell...through 5 playthroughs, probably never had him in my party for more than 3-4 quests. Also, how did the Qunari start growing horns and all that from DA:O - DAII? :p

5. LeninGHOLA

LeninGHOLA Vladimir Hayt

How was Sten lame? He was my most useful outside of Shale, really.

6. TwistedAegis

Ha...I never used Shale all that much either, even though I like his dialogue. I used him on this last playthrough though, where I was a douche and drove off Alistair by marrying the queen and allowing Loghain to become a Grey Warden.

I don't know, I'm pretty weird in these games...once I do a playthrough with a group, I have a hard time experimenting with new people. The majority of games I'd run Alistair tank, myself 2H or DPS mage, Morrigan and Leiliana or Wynne.

7. LeninGHOLA

LeninGHOLA Vladimir Hayt

I used them all eventually. Sten is pretty decent. Leilana actually ended up being the worst, for me.

8. Stiler

Stiler [H]ardForum Junkie

Morrigan offers the choice, as killing the Arch Demon will kill the warden that kills it. You can let Alistair kill the demon or not. Morrigan merely offers this way out so that no warden or anyone has to die.

Yes the "fate" of the baby (or whatever it is) is still up in the air. I'm not sure how you can draw a conclusion on what Morrigan wanted to do with the child or that it won't be a human at all. You and her still have to conceive.

As far as evil goes. in Witch Hunt (if you romanced her) she offers to let you come with her into the portal.

I don't think we simply have enough information to draw any conclusions about her real motives, or what became of the child/how it turned out. For all we know the child could end up having the demon's "power" but being raised by able to make the choice of how he truly turns out as a person. I mean if he's reborn from scratch and is raised by the Warden/Morrigan, he could have the ability to make the choice to not be how his previous life was.

9. TwistedAegis

I did use them all at one point, but Sten was very rare. I liked using Leiliana because the game seemed to favor ranged - her and Morrigan would be spread out with only 2 melee. Enemy spellcasters just devestate grouped up melee in the game without major healing/pots, pretty much until you get a bit OP in the upper 20s.

10. TwistedAegis

If you don't chose to let Morrigan transfer the arch-demon soul to the baby, she doesn't have the baby with you.

Also, I romanced Morrigan and played Witch Hunt, I don't remember if I was able to go into the portal or not.

11. FearTheCow

FearTheCow [H]ardness Supreme

You do!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  12. TwistedAegis

Thanks, I was pretty sure of that but it was a while since that playthrough.

13. rampantandroid

rampantandroid [H]ard|Gawd

Actually, you can. If you romanced her. And ONLY if you romanced her.

From the wikia site:
    The final conversation with Morrigan can take a few paths, eventually ending in one of four ways:

Morrigan and the Warden say goodbye, and Morrigan walks through the Eluvian portal.
    Morrigan and the Warden kiss, say goodbye, and Morrigan walks through the portal alone.
    The player stabs Morrigan and she falls backwards through the Eluvian portal.
    The player and Morrigan kiss and then walk into the Eluvian portal together. If the Warden undertook Morrigan's Ritual, it is implied that Morrigan will allow the Warden to meet their son.

DAO character and DA2 character will not be playable in DA3.

14. Winwolf

Winwolf Limp Gawd

Dont think I'm going to be buying this unless just about every one is creaming them selves over it. After the second game which in my opinion was the demon spawn of getting game developers and the producers of mid day soap operas together in one room, was released my hopes for a bright future for this series took a trip down the crapper.

So what I'm saying is I suspect this game will be better than the last but not the first and by last I mean second and by first obviously I mean the one that didn't suck which was definitely not the last one.

15. cthulhuiscool

cthulhuiscool 2[H]4U

[​IMG] They're gonna have to try hard to make me care after the faceplant that was DA2

16. FearTheCow

FearTheCow [H]ardness Supreme

Well then, it looks like I am doing another play through, thanks alot :p

17. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

18. bigdogchris

bigdogchris [H]ard as it Gets

... stil no details. They should have this information available already. Saying whether it's a DMC hack and slash like DA2 or more group oriented, tactical combat of DA:O isn't going to spoil anything.

19. ElGuapo242

ElGuapo242 [H]ardness Supreme

Meh....show me some game play. I do like that Morrigan seems to be involved. Should be interesting to see how they deal with the repercussions from DA:O with her.

20. Brackle

Brackle Old Timer

looked like gameplay on some of the footage to me

Watched it again, says actual game footage in the video

21. ikarinokami

ikarinokami Gawd

voiced protaganist + only human + origin only = pass

22. chineseman

chineseman [H]ard|Gawd

A little bit of Bushism applies here. Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again. EA/Bioware can suck it.

23. ballistic90

ballistic90 2[H]4U

My wife was the biggest Bioware/Dragon Age fan when DA:O came out. After Dragon Age 2, she got so pissed with Bioware she won't even look at DA3.

24. chockomonkey

chockomonkey [H]ardForum Junkie

If they had a fucking brain:

Full-on co-op.

Seriously. That would be the shiit.

25. eloj

eloj 2[H]4U

The Icewind Dales were super fun in MP. I played through both of them with a group of friends. Great times.

26. Ritorix

Ritorix [H]ard|Gawd

It would be cool if you played as Morrigan's child. Old God trapped in a mortal body, some Baldur's Gate themes going on maybe, it could be pretty neat.

Ah who am I kidding, the franchise is ruined.

27. Ocellaris

Ocellaris Ginger @le, an alcoholic's best friend.

EA/Bioware knew DA2 was shit in many areas, they didn't need to learn :)

Heck DA2 flopped so bad they never even released more than one DLC pack for it :eek: Still they managed to sell 2+ million copies of the game.

Content and story issues aside, I thought DA2 was a ton of fun to play so I look forward to the next one.

28. LeninGHOLA

LeninGHOLA Vladimir Hayt

Varric can sit on his futuristic looking crossbow and spin.

29. TwistedAegis

You all can go spin...that looks awesome! :p

The fact that it isn't being released until Fall '14 means they're letting Bioware take their time with this one. I have high hopes. I can't wait!

30. Drawmonster

Drawmonster 2[H]4U

I foresee tears in your future.

31. LeninGHOLA

LeninGHOLA Vladimir Hayt

Yea, it didn't look terrible. Well, that crossbow did, but the graphical quality of everything else was good. I don't particularly like their overall design for the uber darkspawn thingies(bit... overdone), but whatever.

32. termite

termite [H]ardness Supreme

I love DA:O it is one of my top 10 all time games, so I was was stoked when DA2 came out pre-ordered etc. It was such a damned letdown. As stand alone game it passably "meh" but it is so far from a sequel to DA:O that it is almost insulting. I would not be surprised if the game was initially developed as a separate RPG and some douche at EA came running and told them they need a sequel to DA:O ASAP; so they changed a few names and some dialog an 'poof' The Kirkwall Adventures became DA2.

33. huxley

huxley Pleeze Maik Mee STFU!!

I trust them enough to learn from their mistakes, looking forward to it. ME3 was still a great game, Bioware is just held to ridiculous expectations. Part of the problem is they went too high with the first game, that is going to be a tough story to top. I don't really care as much for the mage/inquisitor angle they went with during the second game. My fear is that it is going to be more of that in the third. It's just not that interesting of a concept.

34. chockomonkey

chockomonkey [H]ardForum Junkie

Nah, they just have to actually try at making a good game.

35. Ryom

Ryom [H]ard|Gawd

They had a perfectly good art style in the first one, then someone decided to dump all over it. The darkspawn looked ridiculous in the sequel.

36. Stiler

This recent trailer, the art style almost loooks cartoony, I REALLY hopoe they haven't made it even more crappy then II.

The art style (in terms of characters) was fine in Dragon Age: Origins, it went for a gritty more realistic look.

Then the second one went for a more cartoony style over-proportion look (like Fable) for Darkspawn and certain characters.

In this trailer Morrigan's face looks weird, totally out of proportion compared to how she looked in DA:O.

37. Parmenides

Parmenides [H]ardness Supreme

Morrigan's face always looked wierd

38. TwistedAegis

I will say the art felt a bit "off" in the trailer. I think it has more to do with the ridiculous level of detail you can get in Frostbite 3; paradoxically, the more real things look, the less real they look/the more you nitpick.

39. Stiler

It wasn't the small details, it's the proportions, it all looks off compared to the sizing of the characters found in DA:O. Her jaw/mouth and things look very different.

Watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YZjrnVfIhk

Then watch the DA Inquisition trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh8v3Et4tGE